Outward Bound - Book 2 of the Tufts Family Saga - Cover

Outward Bound - Book 2 of the Tufts Family Saga

Copyright© 2009 by Doc Tufferson

Chapter 7: Coming of Age

Even though Sara's hair was matted to her head by perspiration and she wore no make up, the beaming smile on her face made her beautiful. She sprang from the med-tube and gave Jason a huge hug and kiss. "Yes," she said, "Yes, I will be your concubine and will be with you forever. I feel so wonderful and I love you with all my heart. Let me get in the shower then I want to join your family in every possible way. Tonto has been filling my head with a complete history of all that I missed while kept in a coma. Jason, Ellie, I love you."

Sandra asked Sara to sit for a minute. "Tell me," she said, "what do you know and how do you feel?"

"I feel wonderful and I believe I know everything that has happened," she responded. "Tonto has confirmed that there is not trace of the Aids virus in my system and any damage that it caused has been repaired. He tells me that the artificial nanites have been replaced with fully functioning Organic Linking Nanites that are identical to those in Val's system but slightly different than in the rest of the family. He thinks when the rest of you go through the med-tube and AI nanite process that your OLNs will be upgraded to the full functioning variety that Val and I share. Sandra, there is no sign of any of the damage that my step-father caused when he beat and raped me and Tonto has relayed the reports of that bastard's demise. Thank God!"

Sandra's father's words of caution were on her mind when she asked a test question, "Sara, can Tonto use your voice as he does with the others some times?"

"Yes," rolled the smooth baritone from Sara's lips. "I can do all the things through Sara that I can with the rest of the family and I am convinced that it is safe for your and your three baby girls to under go the process."

Sara exclaimed, "You're going to have triplets! Three little girls! When?"

"Well, if Tonto doesn't have any special tricks up his invisible sleeves my identical triplets will be here in eight and a half months. I'm only two weeks along and already know their nature but also that they are all three OLN babies. You aren't going to mess with the gestation period are you Tonto?" Sandra asked.

"No," came the rich baritone voice from Ellie's mouth. "That isn't something that I can improve upon although once you are connected it would be possible to use your OLNs to do some tweaking if there were problems. That would be much easier than in-vitro surgery but we can rely upon the nanites to make those corrections automatically."

Tonto continued, "Sandra, if you are willing may I suggest that you shower before entering the med-tube and make no contact with any family member after your shower. I believe that your OLN babies in your womb will be an adequate source to take over the function on the injected artificial nanites and bring you on-line too. Are you willing to try it? If it doesn't work we can put you right back in with two fresh sources from family members."

Rob and Horace entered the room during the conversation and were of different minds. Rob was eager to have his new wife cooperate fully with the suggestions Tonto made. He had complete faith in Tonto's judgment and was certain that he had only the family's best interests at heart. Horace, on the other hand, was not so familiar with Tonto and was very concerned for the health and safety of his only daughter and the babies she carried.

Horace spoke up, "If I may be so bold, rather than taking a chance with the four lives my daughter is responsible for, how about I go through the process first. There is much less at risk and we get a two for one benefit, a second test of the method and a check to see if it is going to work on men."

Sandra's heart melted a bit and tears welled in her eyes. She had just been given one more experience of being totally loved by her father. "Daddy," she said, "I don't think there is a need to worry but I love you for the offer and if it would make you more comfortable I am willing to give your suggestion a whirl."

"Tonto," Rob asked, "What do you think? Are the risks any different either way? Do you see any objections?"

Tonto switched his voice to Jason's lips before saying, "You humans continue to amaze me. Doctor, your altruism is unique and certainly does not follow the linear sequence which modern science often touts. If all others agree I think the good vet's suggestion is the course to follow. Doctor, please shake hands with Rob once you are in place in the med-tube and one of Ellie's feathers should complete the connections. Ellie, let's not use the same feather as before. I believe Sara is going to frame it and keep it forever."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.