Outward Bound - Book 2 of the Tufts Family Saga - Cover

Outward Bound - Book 2 of the Tufts Family Saga

Copyright© 2009 by Doc Tufferson

Chapter 4: Stacking The Deck

"Listen up folks," Rob shouted to get the attention of the extended family gathered in the hospital mess hall. "Time is short and we've had a small change of plans. The Confederacy AIs have been in touch with our assigned AI and we have more capability than we thought. There will be two ships, the Kedah is a fast Darjee vessel and it will be our transportation and temporary home, including all animal life that we wish to take. The second ship is designed by and crewed by humans and a single AI, it is a new class of freighter and will be carrying all the inanimate objects and plant life. That includes the seeds we have been stashing away.

"I've sent Jason and Katie to talk to the other Naval personnel on the base to offer them some choices. The new freighter is called the Behemoth Bounty and it is a grappling ship. Once all the people and animals have been removed from Naval Air Station Magnuson the Behemoth Bounty's new grappling system will latch onto this entire base, including everything from six feet outside the outer fence down to a depth of 18 feet in the sub-strata and underpinnings. It is going to transport the entire base into the framework of the ship and take it with us to the stars. It will be encapsulated and will become our initial home base on our new planet."

There was stunned silence in the room as they each tried to picture what was going to take place. Meanwhile, Katie and Jason had gathered all of the remaining Naval staff on the base. None of them had been suitable to join the family except two who had declined because they didn't think they could take all their family members with them. Jason said, "Friends, some new type of ships are going to be used and the group that you've been host to is being extracted to join the Confederacy. Not only are the people going, but this entire base is going too. There will be nothing left except an 18-foot deep bay when the lake water rushes in to fill the hole we'll leave behind.

"You've been restricted to base during this exercise and now you need to make some choices. You may stay on Earth if you wish and we will transport you outside the gates just moments before the extraction. You'll be a safe distance away. Your other choice is to volunteer to join the Confederacy Navy as sponsors or concubines depending upon your CAP scores. Once extracted aboard the Harvest Moon you will be given the chance to contact other members of your family to have them join you if you wish. Those of you who qualify as concubines may contact an Earth-side sponsor if you are part of a pre-pack arrangement and they too will be able to join you."

An attractive young Petty Officer from the Security Section asked, "Will we be going with your group or into the regular Navy?"

"Good question," Katie said. "Most of you will be assigned to the Harvest Moon and that is not the ship our group will be using. All except two of you would be in the regular Navy. Our group is attached to a Darjee contingent with a special assignment. Samantha Cooper and Darmahn Hicksman, you two have some other options as you may select the regular navy or join our group. We will talk to you separately in just a few minutes."

"What do the rest of you think?" Jason asked. The extraction will take place very shortly and you need to decide which way you want to go."

While Jason talked to the larger group answering questions, Katie took Samantha and Darmahn aside for a quick interview. "You were both offered the opportunity to join us earlier but declined due to family issues here on Earth. You both qualify as sponsors with two concubines each according to your CAP scores. We are now in a new situation with special accommodations and you may take advantage of the benefits. We still would like you to join us and under our special Darjee rules you may each have up to six concubines. Do either of you have more family than that?"

Samantha asked, "If I take my five family members will they still be able to take along any of their children who are under the age of 14? My sister has six young kids and her husband's brother has five more. Can they all go as my concubines and dependant children?"

Tonto asked Katie to hold Samantha's hand for a moment as he scanned for full details. Then he sub-vocalized to Katie, "There is one child that is seriously mentally deranged, because she is a threat she is at the top of Samantha's mind."

Katie took time to ask Tonto, "Could she be treated by the Confederacy Nanites?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.