The Scenic Route - Cover

The Scenic Route

Copyright© 2009 by MKXgal

Chapter 3

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - When your rental car breaks down in the middle of no where, is it a curse or a blessing?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Slow  

The powerful aroma of coffee filled the house and I had no problems finding my way to the kitchen. We set down to breakfast. I enjoyed every piece of burnt bacon and toast. "Sorry, I don't usually have guests for breakfast." We both laughed. We started to share our stories. Charles had told me about his late wife and how they had met in school. He told me about building this house for her, and how she said she wanted to fill the rooms with children. Almost ashamed, he confessed that he really did not want kids, but he would do anything to make her happy. "The irony of the story is how I lost her." he looked out the window at the horses. Watching them, he continued his story. "She wanted babies, and I agreed to put my selfishness aside. We tried for months to get her pregnant. When she came to me and announced she finally was, I was happy. I thought that maybe I was wrong about having kids." His voiced faded. Bringing eyes back to mine, I saw they were doing their best to hold back the tears. "She died in childbirth." he picked up his coffee and took a long drink. Staring into it, he sat lost in thought.

Placing my hand on his, I knew my words could not heal his hurt, but I needed to say something. "I'm sorry." How could I respond to such pain? What words could I give to tell him that I understand? A tear rolled down my cheek. He looked at me and smiled, reaching to catch my stray tear. I guess those two little words were enough after all.

It was my turn. Before I knew it, I had told Charles about my life and how I ended up in the town of Graham, WA. He took it all in and seemed to understand that I would have a hard time returning to Iowa. His sensitive nature left him no option but to offer me his spare room until I could find a place to stay. "I promise," he smiled sweetly, "I can keep my hormones under control." I did not know if I should accept his generous offer. "You have to admit I have more room than Sam and Marissa have. I don't mean to say that you would be an inconvenience to them. But they do live in a small house, and with the twins..." his voice trailed.

"I know," hanging my head in embarrassment.

"Wait a minute. You haven't told Sam why you're really here. Have you?" I shook my head, still not meeting his eyes. "You know he's a good man. Annoying, but good." He lifted my head and looked deep into my soul. "He's family. He will understand."

I knew he was right.

Morning was slipping away, and it was time for us to start the day. He need to get to the office; I needed to get on to my job interview. We showered (separately), and dressed, ready to face the challenge of a new day. He dropped me off at my interview. Fortunately, it was within walking distance of his office.

The interview went well, very well. The newspaper offered me an opportunity to do freelance work. If I was able to keep up the pace and prove myself, there would be a full time position available within the next two months. I agreed and could not wait to share the news with Sam and Charles. I practically ran to their office. It was not until I was standing outside the building of their advertising agency, that I realized what a shock this would be to Sam. Charles was right. It was time to tell Sam about the real reason for my visit.

I walked into Sam's office. "Hey Dee, I'll be right with you." He continued typing on the computer. "And done!" He struck the last few keys as if he he driving home a point. I noticed a pizza delivery box, sitting on his bookcase. "I don't know why, but Chuck thought I would be a good idea if we had lunch here. He even ordered us a pizza." He pulled the pizza over to us. Pulling plates from his drawer, he began to quiz me. "So why would Chuck think that we would need privacy for lunch? I mean, he sounded so serious. Didn't even flinch when I called him Chuck instead of Charles."

"He knows that I have something important to tell you." I reached for a plate snd laid a slice of pizza on it. "I did not come here just for a vacation and to visit you and Marissa. But you have probably already guessed that, since I have not been spending much time with you." I felt quite flush by now. "I came to look for a new job." I waited for a reaction. "Bret and I finalized our divorce last month." Sam set back in chair waiting to hear more. His eyes did not judge me. Instead, they begged to know if I was alright. "I never told anyone, but about two years ago, I went to the doctor for my annual exam. Dr. Stepp called a few days later wanting to see me again. Well, to make a long story short, I had cancer." He sat up straight in his chair. "I'm OK," I reassured him. "But I had to have a hysterectomy." This is where I paused.

"And I guess Bret did not handle that well." It was well known by my family, that Bret and I wanted children. I was unable to conceive for the first four years of our marriage, and it had become Bret's mission in life to get me pregnant. He become very aggressive over the next few years, in his quest to become a father and actually had forced himself on me more than a few times. I explained to Sam that after my surgery, Bret had basically abandoned me. He had taken up with some cheeky little redhead down the street. She was now in her eigth month. They had planned to get married as soon as our divorce was final. "I never did like that jerk. What I don't understand is, why didn't you tell us what was going on? You know we would have wanted to help."

I thought about his wife and their twins. He was always there beside me when we were growing up. I felt guilty hiding this from him. But I knew the trouble he had gone through to get his business established. While I was going through my medical problems, he was on the verge of bankruptcy. I was fumbling my way through divorce, and he was just getting his business in order. He was finally making a profit in his company, and I was about to lose my job. "Oh, one more thing..." I had not finished my story. "The publisher I was working for is closing. I only have a job for three more weeks." I smiled, "They owed me four weeks vacation, so I took it. Bret bought the house from me. I have no place to go back to."

Sam thought carefully before choosing just the right words. A smile spread across his face. "Then I guess an advertising agency would be a good place for you to get started?"

I could not believe my ears, he was offering me a job. "I could use a photojournalist with your skills."

"Actually, I just got a job offer with the newspaper. Freelance work. It could turn into a full time position in a couple of months." He seemed almost disappointed.

"Well, would you consider helping me out once in a while?" He smiled. "I have to confess. When you told me that you were going to come here and spend a couple weeks with us, I was actually going to try to convince you and Bret to move here. I knew he could get a better job here. Of course, that's before I found out what had happened." He looked sad for a moment. "I really am sorry. You know you are welcome to stay with Marissa and I for as long as you need to?"

There was so much to take in. Two job offers in one day. Two offers to take me in. So many things to consider. I had not had any man treat me as well as Charles had, but was it the lack of companionship that drove us into each others arms? Was there really a mysterious connection? How could I deny the fact that, had we not met along the road that night, I still would have met him through my brother? I had found him attractive. I would have gone out with him if he would have asked. After learning more about him, I found myself drawn to him even further. I figured it was best to spend the next few days with my family.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.