The Maid
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2009 by RDM

We walked back downstairs to the living room and sat in the lawn chairs.

"So what do you think?" I asked.

"It is a beautiful house. It will be spectacular once it is finished and furnished." She replied.

"Well what I am looking for is for you to come up with a plan to have the wall colours and flooring match as well as help me furnish it. I am thinking of putting a queen sized bed in each of the bedrooms, complete with a dresser of some sort, In my bedroom I have a king sized oak trimmed bed in the garage which will go in there as well as a small desk. The living room and family room will need nice functional furniture. I would really like to see a couple of arm chairs and a couch or something like that. Once we have come up with a plan then I will hire some painters and flooring guys and they will have the place ready to live in within a week. I have to go to away for work for about a week and a half so while I am gone I would like for you to supervise the work here and arrange for the furniture to be delivered." I rambled on.

"Wow that is a little more than just being a maid isn't it?" she asked.

"Ok job title change, ah Housekeeper then, no more money but sounds better" I said with a laugh.

"Speaking of money how much are we talking here?" "Well that is still up in the air at this point, I mean it will change depending on whether or not you will be living and eating here, and what your duties would be. I can say this I have no problem being fair and at this point I haven't really spent enough time figuring out how much it should be. How much did you make as a secretary?" I asked.

"About 40,000 a year with benefits" she answered.

"Ok well I figure if you live here then that would be worth a certain amount per month and as for food I would think it is pretty close to the same price to feed three as it is to feed one so we would just leave that alone. Let's say it would be about $35,000 a year to start with and then we can go from there as the job evolves. Does that sound fair?" I asked.

"Yes I guess that does sound pretty good. I never considered the amount I would save in rent living here. What about transportation, I mean you will be away or at work how would I get food and cleaning supplies and stuff?" she queried.

"My wife's SUV is in the garage I will just give you the keys and a bank card for an account that I will have to set up for you to buy stuff with. You are going to have to come up with a budget though so I can figure out how much to put into it."I stated.

"Ok next I guess I have to find out what kind of food do you like?" She asked.

"About the only thing I don't care for is cheese. I just have never really liked cheese, other than that if it is cooked and put in front of me I will eat it." I said with a laugh.

"Ok what about house rules and which bedroom would we get?" she asked.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.