Roadhouse
Chapter 33

Copyright© 2009 by Anthony Concept

I gave Sister Maria a call in the meantime. "Good morning Sister, I have a request for you. I need two young lads that are willing to work for a while. We are starting to build the cabins I told you about, Ernie has to go into hospital for his knee operation so Joey is taken charge of the building. We will pay them a good wage and give them lodgings, so for the right lads this would be a chance to make a bit of money. It will also be tax free if you know what I mean."

"I don't want to know about the tax bit. Would you be prepared to try an experiment Tony?"

"What do you have in mind Sister?"

"Do you remember young Kitty Chilcott?"

"The one they called the 'tank'?"

"That's a bit unkind, but yes, that's the one. Her and young Jack Bell seem to be a bit more than close friends, it worries me that they might go a bit too far. What I would like, if you're interested, would to take them under your wing and try to instil a bit of sense into them. I think they would both be good workers and perhaps a bit of hard work would take other temptations off their minds."

"OK, let's give them a try, I'd like to have a talk with them first and lay down a few ground rule. If they're OK with that we'll give them a go."

"Right, I'll talk to them and if they're interested I drive over tomorrow."

"I'll look forward to seeing you then Sister."

The next morning Sister drove up with two very excited passengers. We went into the kitchen and I made a pot of tea with some scones that Dom had baked earlier. When we were all settled I explained what I wanted them for. They were more than happy to work for me, getting out from the orphanage and getting paid on top of it was a bonus.

"I need to lay out some ground rules. First, Joey is the one you will be working for, he is your boss, what he say's goes OK.?

They both agreed on that point. "Secondly I understand you are a bit more than just friends. While you are here I expect you to behave properly, this isn't an excuse to hop into bed together. If that happens I will have to send you back to the orphanage, OK?"

I notice a quick look flash between them but they both agreed again.

"Right you're hired, help Sister get your things out of the car and we can get you settled in. I'll introduce you to the folk you don't know in a few minutes."

While the were getting their gear out of the car, I notice Sister giving them a lecture, the both nodded their heads. I don't think the Penguin's talk had dampened their enthusiasm any.

The girls took charge and helped them get settled in, then Joey took them out to the cabin site and showed them what they would be doing. They were both stockily built, thus explaining the nick name 'the tank', they shouldn't have too much difficulty helping out. Ernie still had a few days before he and Jean went to Melbourne so he continued to show them what to do. He also left a list of things that Joey needed to do as the hight of the walls progressed. The main one was to call the sparky in to install the conduits at the right level.

Ernie and Jean departed for Melbourne with firm instructions to keep us informed on Ernie's progress. We had a small farewell party for them and Jess was a bit weepy as they drove off.

He'll be alright love, the surgeons have been doing these replacements for years, it's just another op for them."

"I know, but I still worry about him."

...

Earlier on we had decided to have a weekly meeting every Tuesday this would give us chance to keep up with progress and discuss any important things that needed addressing. One thing was very apparent, Kitty and Jack were just about bursting to get some private time together. Cheryl brought the matter up.

"OK you two, it's obvious you are more than just friends. This might seem a bit nosey, are you having sex together?"

Two very red faces. Kitty looked her straight in the eye and said "Yes".

"Right, what are you doing about birth control?"

"Oh, we're quite safe Cheryl, I have a book from the Church library that tells us about the rhythm method."

Dom just about burst a gasket. "Jesus Christ Kitty! The rhythm method is better called 'Vatican Roulette'. The best thing we can do is for one of the girls buy you some condoms."

"Yeah, but isn't the Church against that sort of contraception?"

"Yes Jack, they are. Do you know why? I'll tell you, contraception's prevents more Catholics being born ... that's the only bloody reason they are against it. Thank God people are starting to think for themselves. You won't go to Hell if you use a condom mate."

"I won't say I condone you two having sex, Jess and I held off until we got engaged, there's a lot you can do without doing the 'deed' but then if you have already started it's a bit like closing the stable door. I want you both to promise us that you won't do anything until one of us gets you some condoms, OK?"

A quick glance at each other and they agreed. Dom disappeared and came back a few moments later with a packet. "Here, use these, subject closed." We went on to other business.

Joey gave us a progress report on the cabins and said that his new offsiders were pulling their weight, the sparky was due in two days time to install the electrical conduits, he was happy with the way things were progressing.

Taffy was starting to show a noticeable 'baby bump' and Cheryl and Jess were starting to get 'clucky' themselves. I don't know what it is about women and babies, must be something to do with pheromones. Jess has been dropping hints about raising a family, so far it's only been hints. Dom tells me Cheryl has been making the same noises as well, looks like we could be in for a hard time if they get too 'clucky'.

Kitty and Jack moved in together with the promise that if the Penguin visited they still were sleeping in their own rooms. They both worked hard and Joey had nothing but praise for them.

Ernie's operation went without a hitch, he was still in a lot of pain but taking it well. They started him on rehabilitation and the exercises were very intense. He knew that he had to persevere if he wanted to get out of hospital quickly.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.