Roadhouse - Cover

Roadhouse

Copyright© 2009 by Anthony Concept

Chapter 15

Dom and I shifted everything out of Jess's room, we ripped up the old lino and gave it a damn good clean out, Jess the attacked the grotty old paint with the sugar soap. With the accumulated grime removed it look a whole lot better.

"Gee Jess, we don't need to paint it after all" teased Dom.

"Pig's arse we don't" fumed Jess, "Just get you're lazy selves to work, I want to see this finished by tonight."

"Yes Mistress," we both said bowing deeply, "You're wish is our command."

"You're both full of shit," she laughed.

Two hours later we were sitting back enjoying a break, the paint job went well, Jess an Dom did most of the work as I had to prepare the evening meal for the boys.

Soon it was mealtime, Ernie popped his head around the door and asked how things were going, did we have any problems with the landlord and most of all how was Jess coping with the transition.

"She's seems to be OK Ernie, she had a bit of a start last night when the possums were on the roof but when I introduced them to her she was hooked. The landlord was quite happy as he didn't need to give us a refund and so far everything looks good. I suggest you take a look at her paint job, she's pretty cluey when she want's to be,"

"Thanks Tony, I'll take a look after we've had tea, thanks again for taking her under your wing, I don't know what I would have done if she wasn't allowed to stay here."

"That's OK Ernie, just try and listen to what she's telling you, she's pretty cut up about not letting you know that her mum was screwing around on you."

"I knew anyway Tony, I just didn't want to bring it to a head, she did that for me anyway. I will talk to her though and put her mind at rest."

The meal over and Jess was proudly showing everyone the new paint job on HER room,

"Tony helped a bit but Dom and me did most of the work as Tony had to cook tea. We bought a nice bit of carpet and chose the colours to suit it, Dom's going to fix the curtain rails in the morning and then we can put down the carpet. Tony is letting me use his room tonight and he's going to sleep in the mess hall."

Ernie smiled at her enthusiasm, thankful for her change of heart.

"You've done a great job Jess, I'm proud of you love."

I could see Jess starting to look a bit weepy so I jumped in and heaped praise on her as well, "Looks like we might have a budding interior designer her Ernie."

"She certainly didn't get the skills from me Tony, I'm a total loss when it comes to matching colours, I couldn't even match my tie with my suit, the wife had to do that for me."

Come ten o'clock I decided to set my bed up in the kitchen, the boys were still using the mess hall and I didn't want to spoil their evening. I vaguely heard them leaving and then I felt Jess snuggle her bum against me, I was too tired to argue with her so I went back to sleep.

"JESUS TONY! are you absolutely mad? If Ernie was to see you two now he would cut your balls out."

Christ, I had slept in and it was Dom giving me curry, I slapped Jess on the bum and sent her back to my room then tided up the bed and put it away.

"It's not what you think Dom, she's still a bit nervous living out here in the bush, she'll get over it soon ... I hope."

"You don't seem to sure about it Tony, what's happening?"

I told him about the previous night and how she wormed her way into my bed and then last night I was bushed and she snuck up on me.

"You need to be careful Tony, she's still a minor and that means T R O U B L E. do I need to spell it out for you?"

"You have Dom, I'm going to talk to her about it today."

"Make sure you do mate, I'd hate to lose a good friend."

"Thanks, I think."

After breakfast we started to put the carpet down and the curtains up. Dom was a pretty handy sort of a chap and knew what to do so before long the room looked quite nice. Jess was as happy as a pig in you know what.

"It looks great boys, you've done wonders, I think I might just like living here after all, thanks a lot." She gave us a kiss on the cheek dwelling a little longer on mine, or was it just my imagination?

We set up her bed and helped her to make it and then brought in the dressing table and wardrobe.

"Could you take them out again? I'd like to paint them as well, they look quite shabby now the rest of the room has been done up."

Dom reckoned we would need to use an oil based paint for them so it was another trip into town.

...

"Is that your motor bike in the wood shed Tony?"

"Yes Jess, my first set of wheels, a Beesa Bantam, why do you ask? as if I didn't know."

"Can we use it to go into town? I've never ridden on one before, could we please?"

"You know darned well we will you little stinker."

"Well let's go then."

"What about a sample for the paint colour?"

"Yeah yeah, mister always right."

Amid squeals of excitement we made it into Fish Creek and the paint store. The owner asked if we had an undercoat to seal off the old varnish? add that to the list, what about turps to clean the brushes? Ernie's going to have a fit when he sees the bill for all this, Fred was paying for the room paint but this was extra. Ah well if it keeps her happy he shouldn't mind too much.

On the way back she whispered in my ear, "I like snuggling with you Tony, you smell nice."

"Um, that's something we have to talk about Jess, this sneaking into my bed is going to get us into trouble, Dom caught us this morning, think what would have happened if it was Ernie."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.