Hard Winter
Chapter 15: Summer, A Half-hearted Hold-up in Hull

Copyright© 2009 by Big guy on a bike

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 15: Summer, A Half-hearted Hold-up in Hull - It is 2013. Economic problems, climate change and disease have brought civilisation to it's knees. Mark Jennings, like everyone else has to cope. This is his story.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Post Apocalypse   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Violence  

We were woken at about six the next morning by Graham and Joan. We were all tired, no-one had more than about three hours sleep. They called me and Kelly outside and we climbed into the watch tower on one of the flat trucks. The road that goes under the railway was under water and everywhere looked sodden. Last night's storm had obviously caused flash floods.

Nick said, "I'll go and have a look at the river while we get breakfast."

He came back about ten minutes later shouting, "Mark, Kelly, Larry, you need to come to the bridge over the Ouse, it's damaged."

I immediately asked, "How bad?"

As we set off he explained, "It looks like something hit one of the bridge piers last night, the river was obviously in spate, you can see how high it got. I think the whole bridge has shifted."

We got to the bridge and it was immediately obvious that we wouldn't be able to run the train over it. There was a nasty kink and a break in the track at the far end and most of one pier was missing.

We stood and looked for about ten minutes, but looking wasn't going to change anything. I did a bit of quick thinking about another route home and realised that we were looking at travelling south to Selby, east to Hull and north again to Bridlington and home.

Larry, Katie and I had a quick discussion, and agreed that was the only solution. Even if we had the ability to repair the bridge and track, we would need to access it from the far end.

I still wanted to recover the sectional building so our first task was to run the train north to collect it as we had planned. We had manoeuvred all the parts to be near the track yesterday and it was just a matter of using the crane to load everything. We had radioed Kirkham Abbey, told them of the problems and asked Scott to raise steam on Tornado. If we found blockages to the south we would have to leave our train here. We would be out of radio contact for quite a while, until we reached Hull when Blackie should be able to pick us up on the radios. They promised to relay a message to him. We really needed some longer range radio equipment, the VHF radios we were using were at the limit of their range.

We then had piles of sleepers and chairs to pick up from the old rail maintenance depot. This took another couple of hours. I also stopped at a builders merchant yard that was close to the railway where there were good stocks of brick and blocks. I wanted these as, though there were some to be salvaged locally, I wasn't sure how many our building plans would need.

Katie wanted to get started on our run back but I realised that this would be our last visit to York for some time and insisted we stuck to our original scavenging plans.

We had got everything loaded by five o'clock and used the old goods line to bypass the station, which was now in a sorry state. There were more downed overhead lines to deal with and progress was slow. We got to the point where the main lines diverged and we could see more downed wires in the distance on the direct route. Larry said, "We could follow the old York Sheffield line to Sherburn in Elemet and then join the Leeds Selby line there. It's about another four or five miles but there won't be any overhead wiring problems."

I said, "Do it, even going slowly we can cover that distance in half an hour, clearing downed wiring will take an hour at least."

So we travelled slowly along the abandoned track but with no wiring to worry about we were making about fifteen mph. We were near Selby by nine o'clock and it was getting dark, we would have to stop. We planned on drawing more water from the river Ouse for the engines. As the track was level we only had one engine in steam, and so we had the second engine available if we had problems finding water.

We actually got as far as the swing bridge where our next problem presented itself, the bridge was partially open. Not much, maybe a foot of movement was needed to line the tracks up, but it would be another delay. We decided to spend the night in the station. The whole area was deserted and had obviously suffered badly with floods when the thaw set in. We also had our potable water supply to consider. We had a modified boiler which held two hundred gallons that we would heat to boiling point. This was then pumped to a tank fitted to the truck next to the day carriage which held a thousand gallons. It was nearly empty and I didn't want to take time to sterilise more water. We had to ban all showers and washing that night. Hopefully we would be home the following day.

We ate late, Katie set the pump and filters up to fill the tender.

We collapsed into our berths at about ten o'clock; sweaty, smelly, tired and a bit pissed off. We had scavenged a lot of useful stuff over the last few days but it had been hard work and taken a lot longer than anyone could have imagined. If we had not sent the pigs back with Scott I think we would have cooked one of them that night! We had run out of meat and vegetables - our evening meal was bread and jam. At least we had plenty of flour. If it hadn't been for Harry's deer we would have been on bread and jam for the last two days.

Every one turned in early. I don't think there were any sexual noises that night, we were all exhausted.

The following morning we had to deal with the swing bridge problem. Once we had broken into the control cabin we realised that we would have to wind the mechanism by hand. The gearing was such that it took ten minutes of vigorous winding to move the bridge into the right position, at least we were on our way again and there were no other problems.

After leaving Selby the route to Hull is straight and flat, Katie was travelling at about twenty mph. The whole area that we were travelling through had flooded during the winter, there were no signs of any activity. I hoped we might see signs of life as we approached Hull, as the ground is higher to the North.

We steamed slowly through Brough but as we got to Ferrilby I noticed a footpath across the railway that looked to have been used recently. Katie had also seen it and stopped. She came back and asked me if I wanted her to attract the attention of anyone who might be nearby. I was torn, we needed to establish as much contact as possible with survivors, but we were also homesick and any further delay would piss everyone off.

In the end I listened to the murmurings in the carriage and told her, "Let's press on. We can always return here later."

The first part of the run into Hull is through some industrial areas and shopping parks. There was evidence of looting everywhere, and the river had again overflowed but the railway embankment had stopped the flooding from spreading. As we approached the station, travelling through the council estates and poorer housing near the city centre, we could see the scale of devastation caused by the civil unrest during the period leading up to the final collapse. Nearly every house was fire damaged and many were complete ruins. Everyone was quiet. Many of the 'sweet factory twelve' had come from this area.

As we slowly made our way over the level crossing at St George's Road a pack of about seven or eight people came running down the street towards us. They were waving what looked like home made clubs. I heard the 'chuff-chuff-chuff' from the engine as Katie opened the regulator to accelerate away from the problem, but we were heavily loaded and the front runner threw himself at the carriage window and put it through with his club. At the same time Harry and Graham opened fire. In a few hundred yards we would reach the junction where we would need to set the points to travel towards Beverley. I ordered everyone to 'action stations'.

Three of the attackers were down but the remaining four had jumped onto the flat trucks in the middle of the train and hidden themselves amongst our stores.

We started slowing down to stop for the junction. As we stopped I was down and out of the carriage with my rifle, to keep an eye on Larry and Katie while they set the points. We had developed a 'quick and dirty' way of dealing with points that were originally controlled electrically from the signal box. We had a hand pumped hydraulic cutter which would shear the operating mechanism, and a series of metal spikes which we would then drive in to hold the track-work in the right position.

I used the loudhailer to warn our 'hobos' of their fate unless they gave themselves up.

Very slowly four faces appeared from amongst the crates and piles of stuff loaded on the flat trucks. I could now see that they were young, maybe fifteen or sixteen, totally unwashed and unkempt. Although I couldn't be certain, I thought there were two boys and two girls. I again repeated my demand that they surrender and told Kelly, who was now at my side on the ground with her rifle sighted, to 'shake up' the nearest one who was hiding behind a pile of blocks. She put a round into the top corner block which exploded, showering the youth with bits of concrete and dust.

Eventually all four came out with their hands up. I told them to lay face down on the embankment, with their legs and arms spread. Graham jumped down and said to Kelly, "If any of these idiots make a move while I try to cuff them put a bullet in them!" Within five minutes we had all four restrained with tie-wraps. By now the points were set to allow us to continue towards Beverley and the four were bundled into the guards van, which still had the traditional metal cage to segregate it from the corridor.

Three of them were quiet, but one was a gobby bastard, you always get one, and he proceeded to threaten us with what he and the rest of his gang would do to us in revenge for killing three of his friends. I turned to him and said, "Shut up! Don't speak unless you're spoken to. We've been dealing with scum like you all winter, so far my group have taken care of over sixty scumbags, all more capable than you, and better armed."

He spat at me. At the same moment one of the girls, whose appearance was just as feral as the boys', shouted, "Shut it Wayne, you fucking idiot! You're gonna get us all killed! Can't you see these aren't your average survivors, they look like the New Yorkshire Army, the ones Shorty was telling us about."

I ignored the girl for the time being, wondering who the New Yorkshire Army were, got very close to Wayne and slapped his face, hard. I then turned my back on him and faced the girl.

By now we were moving again and the girl looked at me and said, "Well, are you?"

I didn't have a clue who the New Yorkshire Army were. I looked at Kelly and Graham, they just shrugged.

I called Graham and Kelly over, "What are we going to do with these four?" In spite of their threats they seemed pretty harmless, they had no firearms.

Graham said, "Maybe one of these wonderful examples of humanity would care to tell us how they have been living and feeding themselves through the winter?"

All four seemed to have suddenly lost the power of speech and Kelly added, "OK, well if they can't talk, I think we should just feed them to the pigs when we get back."

All four now looked scared.

The girl that had told Wayne to shut it then spoke up. "We've been scavenging, and robbing and threatening other survivors, everyone does it now."

My instincts were not kill them, they really weren't a threat to us. However, what to do with them?

Joan came into the carriage and her announcement put a discussion on the future of our four tearaways on hold. "I've just managed to raise Blackie at Nafferton on the radio, Scott and Vi have moved the train which had most of our stuff on it down to Nafferton. With everyone's help they got our stuff unloaded at home and then helped Blackie get his stuff off at Nafferton. They're on the old southbound track at Nafferton station now and have been waiting for us there since last night."

I was glad they had shown the initiative to meet us there, it would save one journey back to Kirkham Abbey. That would just leave Tornado and the trucks loaded with track at Kirkham.

Each of the 'feral four' now had a chain around their ankle, which was fixed to the cage in the guards van of the day carriage. They could be seen from the seats in the carriage, they were sitting on the floor and looked quite scared...

We were now no more than an hour from Nafferton, and should be home in an hour and a half or so.

Half an hour later we able to raise our home base on the radio, Stella was manning it. It was good to hear her voice. Everything was OK at Newsham, well apart from the fact that, as we spoke, Sophie was attending to Penny, one the three pregnant girls. She had just gone into labour. She also told us that Dawn was preparing another fish and chip supper for our arrival, Scott had traded sixty MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat, an army term) on his way down yesterday for sixty pounds of fish with the Filey group.

We passed through Driffield and noticed a few signs of life on the outskirts, we would have to investigate these later.

We pulled into Nafferton at about ten past three. Blackie and his family were with Scott and Vi waiting on the platform. Kat was pleased to see her brother again and was telling him of our adventures. Lewis and his two wives went and spoke to the other group, Karen went and spoke to Blackie. I know he did a double take when he saw her, she was now much more confident.

Katie, Larry, Scott and Vi looked over the engines and rolling stock that Scott had brought down from Kirkham Abbey. Katie seemed happy with what Scott had done, he had even remembered to release the brakes, wedge them off and chock the wheels, so that they wouldn't be rusted on when we wanted to move it next.

After about half an hour at Nafferton we set off back to Newsham. Scott and Vi took over on the footplate and, for the first time in well over a week, Katie and Larry joined us in the carriage. Kat commented that Scott and Vi now seemed inseparable. Cheryl seemed to like Vi as well.

When we got back to Railway Farm just about everyone was there to meet us. That's when I remembered our four captives. I asked Graham what we were doing to do with them and he said, "I'll get someone to watch them."

Well, we were all pleased to be home and walked back down towards Oak Tree House. Millie then came running up and said, "Sophie says to go to their house, Penny has just given birth to a baby girl and she is soooo cute."

So we went to see Sophie. There must have been twenty five people milling around. Sophie said, "Penny and Kelly-Anne are fine. Mark, Kelly and Kat, Penny wants to see you."

We went in and the first thing I did was congratulate Penny on giving us our first new life in Newsham since the collapse. Penny said, "I've called her Kelly-Anne. I'd always liked Anne as a name but if it hadn't have been for you and Kelly she would never have been born." All the women got broody and were cooing over the baby, Penny took the opportunity to speak quietly to me, "Since I've been here I've been happy but I do miss the touch and love of a man."

"Well," I replied, "we found two soldiers at Catterick. They're joining us here, and they'll both be looking for partners. Talk to Kat."

Penny grinned and said, "I will."

I asked Sophie how it had gone and she said, "Well, I was crapping myself when she went into labour. With all the upheaval around the time of the collapse Penny couldn't remember when her last period was so we could only estimate her due date. She was a bit early but the baby is a normal size and weight. The labour was uncomplicated but we really do need a doctor here. No, I'm not having a go about Dr Worth, after all she was going to kill me, but we do need to find one before we get a situation that is beyond my abilities and knowledge."

I gathered my entourage together and we all made our way back to Oak Tree farm. The first thing we did was light the Aga for some hot water to get a shower.

I then had a series of visitors. The Coates brothers updated me on the crop situation, everything was progressing fine. Charlie then told me about the pigs. "Did you know that one of them is expecting?" I didn't and asked Charlie what we could do. I suspect JJ wouldn't have knowingly given us an animal that was pregnant, it wouldn't be good for business.

We would keep the piglets and try to rear them, we generated enough food scraps to keep them fed and Charlie had asked both other communities to save and boil up swill from their food waste.

Arnold then walked in, yes walked! He was a lot better and had brought Mary with him. He told us about his ideas to convert current equipment to work with the steam engines. I told him we would start to action his ideas during the summer.

I told everyone we were having a meeting over the fish and chip supper at six o'clock. People could eat and listen as there was a lot to talk about.

I must have had fifteen visitors and it was now nearly five o'clock., It was good to be home.

Then Kelly called out, "Mark, the water is hot, are you coming for a shower?" I shooed out my last few visitors and went upstairs. I joined Kat and Kelly in the bedroom where we undressed quickly and made for the shower. We didn't bother covering up as we knew Kirsty was with Millie and I had left Karen with Sophie, I assumed she had stayed to chat to Penny. We left the bathroom door open and were attending to our personal hygiene when Karen came out of her room naked and said, "Can I join you? I need to freshen up and shave."

I was surprised and Kelly said, "Come on then, I'm showered and so is Mark. You and Kat can go next." I was combing Kelly's hair out.

Kat didn't react, she just said, "My pits and legs are stubbly, what about you?"

Karen seemed perfectly at ease and said, "I remove all hair below the neck and everywhere is stubbly."

Nothing actually happened sexually but the atmosphere was charged and I think we all knew Karen was testing her own limits. I got the job of combing everyone's hair out. Karen's was the longest and it took me a while to get all the knots out. Karen commented, "Mark would you like me to let my pubes grow back?"

I replied, "No, at least I know which pussy my tongue is in. Kelly doesn't shave at all, Kat trims and you are shaved. It's nice, I get variety."

We all laughed and went through into our bedroom, the girls started to dry their hair. Karen eventually wandered out and got dressed. We all exchanged looks and Kat said, "I wonder how far Karen wants to take this."

Kelly looked at me and said, "Maybe one extra large bedroom for all of us rather than two, one for Karen, and one for us..."

I looked at Kelly and Kat and said, "Just make sure there's only room for three women, no amount of manipulation will ever get me to accept another wife." I laughed but there was an edge to my voice and I think they both realised that I had drawn a line in the sand.

When we had dressed we all made our way to the steam engine shed.

Again the smell of fish and chips greeted us. We got the first few pieces of fish to be cooked so we could get on with the meeting while everyone else was waiting or eating. I noticed Graham had brought the four captives from Hull. I again asked him what we were going to do with them.

"The girl that told Wayne to shut up this morning seems to have taken charge of them. Apparently she's told the other three she wants to live here, she is prepared to work and contribute. She's told them that if they don't shape up and make an effort she'll feed them to the pigs herself."

"Oh!" was all I could say to that.

Graham continued, "It gets more interesting. While she was telling me, Wayne butted in and said, 'I'm the boss of our gang, I say what goes'. She turned to him and said, 'If you ever want to sniff this again', and she opened her legs and showed her pussy, 'you'll do as I say.' He kicked off and she said to me, 'Can you leave us alone for a minute please.' I stood in the vestibule, assuming she just wanted to talk to him but I then heard a scream. I rushed back to the cage just in time to see Wayne grabbing his privates and looking about ready to pass out. She turned to me and said, 'WE would like to stay here, and WE will do what it takes. I'm Claire, by the way, and if Wayne gives you any trouble just tell me, I WILL sort him out.' I asked Wayne what he had to say and he said, 'I guess it's like Claire says'. I then turned to the other two and asked for their names. They answered Carl and Ollie, that's short for Olivia."

Graham looked at me and I said, "Re-education by labour."

Graham laughed, "Just what I was thinking."

Once we had eaten I got the meeting started. I gave a quick account of our travels, problems and the stores we had found.

I then got on to the new people.

Paul and Richard were accepted without question.

The four from Hull got a bit of a debate going. In the end I offered a compromise, Graham would look after them and get them to help on Village projects. Once they had been here a week, were cleaned up a bit and showed what they could do, we would then have a vote.

I then got onto the subject of home extensions. I told the meeting that everyone who had taken in outsiders would get an extension built as part of a village construction project. If anyone else wanted an extension they could build one but would have to supply their own labour and materials.

I stated that our first major project was to construct the sidings and a branch into the village from Railway Farm. This would also help with our other projects.

The subject of a doctor came up again and the meeting passed a resolution - that we explore outwards from Newsham, using whatever transport we can, to find a qualified doctor and encourage him or her to join our community.

I accepted the resolution and placed Paul in charge of planning expeditions to bring a doctor in. He looked a bit surprised but I said, "You're new here, we try to give each family group a task. As soon as you're settled that will be your task."

I then told everyone that Mondays was field weeding day. We had decided against using chemicals to control weed growth, keeping them back in case we needed them for a more serious threat in the future. The problem was that weeds were now abundant in all the fields.

I didn't mention my plans for the Filey survivors being led by Richard.

The whole issue of survivors was discussed, and it was agreed that we attempt to establish contact with as many groups as possible, trade with them, and support the smaller groups. Graham pointed out that this would help our defences as well.

The meeting had gone on for nearly three hours, a lot of ground was covered and we had a plan for the rest of the summer.

We headed off back to Oak Tree House at about nine-thirty. We had had several tiring days and Kelly said, "I think we should have an early night tonight."

Karen was walking with us and almost blurted out, "I'd like to try sleeping with you all tonight." As soon as she had said it she turned red.

Kelly looked at her and said, "OK, but we'll need to put two mattresses together on the floor." We currently had a king size bed, but we really could do with a bigger bed anyway, so that would be fine for now.

Karen didn't say anything else, she seemed to be a bit on edge. Kat took her to one side and talked to her while Kelly and I settled Kirsty down, she had been allowed to stay up late as a special treat on our first day back.

When we got back into our room Kat and Karen were standing there, stark naked. The contrast between pale blonde Karen and black Kat put a tent in my trousers. After a bit of shifting around we had two mattresses on the floor Kelly and I got undressed and, as soon as I laid down on the new bed, Karen leapt on me, that's the only way I can describe it. She impaled herself on me and proceeded to fuck. She was very wet and obviously horny. Kelly and Kat started to explore each other on the bed next to us. We both came together and Kat and Kelly followed. We collapsed into a heap of arms, legs and tits, and were asleep quickly.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.