A World Found - Cover

A World Found

Copyright© 2009 by Deenara2000

Chapter 16

John took in the scene and realized that something very bad had happened. John then moved over to Iris.

"Report!" he asked.

"Sir, we had a bit of difficulty at first getting onto the property..." started Iris as she told her partner what had happened. "Then she pulled back and let him have it in the snot locker. Dani moved away from the man, ran to that trashcan, and chucked up her breakfast. Then she collapsed.

"That older man went to her, to help, but she's done nothing but cry. The man called me over to take Dani's gun. She was carrying her little 9mm. I have it now. However, I've been watching that asshole. I want you to check and confirm what I already know."

John moved over to the body, and knew with out touching it, that the man was dead. He did anyway, and found no pulse.

"This is going to get complicated."

"He's dead, isn't he?" Asked Smitty.

John just nodded his head.

"Damn! That little girly can punch!"

"I was afraid this might happen sooner or later, now that she's had some training." John frowned, "Shit!"

John pulled out his cell phone, and called Jeff Morrison.

"Morrison," Jeff answered.

"Agent Morrison, I do hope like hell you are coming to Dani's plant?"

"No, I have Jim Corsair and Randal Marshal along with a new guy. They should be there any time now."

"Jeff, we have a DB on site, and the ass of a manager tried to take Dani hostage. He held a knife to her throat," John said in a very quiet voice. "Jeff, she stopped her attacker."

Jeff nearly dropped his cell at what he just heard.

"John, touch nothing. Don't let anyone leave. The locals are most likely going to want to take Dani in for questioning. Stall, if you can, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"I don't think that's going to be hard. Dani's a crying mess right now. EMS just got here and I'll get them to check Dani. She may need to go to the hospital."

"Insist on it. She's most likely in shock. Don't let them leave without one of my people, and one of yours, understood?"

"Understood. See you when you get here. John out." John finished and closed his cell. He looked at Iris. Both knew it was going to be a long day.

Henry was still staring at Smitty. His own brain would not accept what his eyes had seen. One moment every one was just standing there, then the next the plant manager had the Boss kid to him, and a knife to her throat. Then she said something, he screamed, and she turned and punched. It took him longer to think it through, than it did for it actually to happen.

Finally, he made himself look in the direction of the kid, and his heart nearly broke. The girl was in the arms of another man. From the look of it, she was crying even more then she had been.

Mike saw Dani on the floor being held be another man, and he almost freaked out. He ran to her and took her into his arms. Not giving the other man a choice.

"Dani! I'm here! It's all right now! I won't let anyone hurt you. I'm sorry, I should have been with you. Please baby talk to me!"

Dani looked up into Mike's face. Then it hit her all over again, about what had happened. She started crying again, and just held onto 'her Mike'.

"Son, who are you?" Abe asked finally even though he let the man take the young lady into his arms. It was clear that the man cared deeply for the girl.

Mike looked at the older man and for a moment and thought about telling him off but the old man had a kind face and he was trying to help Dani.

"I'm Mike Heyens. I'm Dani's security chief. She's also going to be my wife. Can you tell me what the hell happened?"

"Going to be your wife? I find that hard to swallow."

Mike moved Dani's hand to show the engagement ring.

"I proposed to her last month, but we are waiting until she's seventeen, even though she's an emancipated minor. Now please tell me what happened?"

Abe started telling what he heard and saw, then ended with him holding Dani, because she reminded him of his granddaughter.

"That's where this blood came from, I think."

Abe began looking the girl over, and found some bruising already starting on her arms. Then he looked at her neck and saw a line of blood. He looked more closely, and found a cut that was still bleeding, even if only a little.

"Shit! That son-of-a-bitch actually cut her. Hold her still," Abe said, and looked around. "Nancy! Get that First Aid Kit over here."

Nancy looked at Abe and then looked around. She rushed over to the box. It only took a few blinks to get it, and get it to Abe.

"What do you need, Abe?"

"Get me some gauze for a pressure dressing. That asshole cut the girl."

"Oh, shit!" Nancy said.

She got out what had been requested, and helped Abe clean the area a bit. Then she taped the dressing in place.

"Abe, what happens now?" Nancy asked.

"I don't know. I think it depends on how soon the Feds look into everything. However, for now, we just sit and wait for the paramedics to get here to check out this one," Abe said pointing to Dani.

"God, I hope we don't get laid off, again."

"You won't. Dani won't let that happen. She worked very hard to get you all back to work," Mike spoke up. "You might get a week or two off, but with just the partial idea of what was going on, you'll be getting a pay check for that time."

Abe and Nancy just looked at each other in surprise.

That was when the police and EMS walked into the room.

Officer Samuel Adams had read several reports about the Orchard girl. Now he had his chance to prove that one little girl couldn't do all that was said and that she was nothing more than a spoiled brat.

Officer Adams was led into a cafeteria. It didn't take long to get the story. The Orchard girl had committed murder, and he was the one that was going to get to bring her in. He saw in his mind, how that was going to help his career take a big jump.

So with that in mind he went over to the girl.

"Excuse me. I need for all of you to stand up and move away from the girl. Ms. Orchard, I need for you to stand."

"Officer, that girl can't hear you. She's in shock and needs to go to the hospital," stated Abe.

"They can assess that once I take her downtown for processing. Ms. Orchard, please stand up."

"I'm sorry but she's not going anywhere. I'm her security chief. I also know that the FBI is on their way, and they will be in charge of everything," stated Mike.

"I'm sorry, officer. I have direct orders from Senior Agent Jeff Morrison that Ms. Orchard is to remain on site until he arrives, or and EMT orders her taken to the hospital," John said as he walked up to the officer. That was also when he saw Dani with a bandage on her. "Mike, what's with the dressing."

"That asshole cut her," Abe spoke up. "And this one wants to arrest her," Abe said as he pointed to the officer. That was when he saw the EMTs over near the plant manager. "Get one of those EMTs over here. That asswipe can wait!"

The last part was said loud enough that one of the EMTs looked in their direction and took up his box to move to the man that had all but yelled.

Greg Swann had been with the EMT unit for about four years and had never seen a kid so pale. An old man moved out of the way as he began his preliminary check.

Greg asked a few questions and checked under the pressure dressing. He looked at the girl's eyes, and took her BP. He was told the girl was sixteen had been held at knife point and was cut when she got away from the man holding her. When he looked inter her eyes he could see they were dilated and unfocused but what scared him was that her BP was only 70/40.

"Shit, Sam! Get that other box over here. We need to start and IV stat! Her BP is 70 over 40."

Between Mike and the first EMT they got one of Dani's arms free and started the IV.

Officer Adams watched as the girl had to be all but pried off of the man that held her.

He had a better look at the girl now and saw something that sparked many questions, as well as the urge to just pick the girl up and put her in the bus, and escort them to the hospital. Normally he was not affected by the sites that came with the job, but this time he was, because something was different.

"Is she going to be all right?" Mike asked.

"I think so. We'll get her pressure up a bit. I need to check her for other wounds. There's just too much blood here."

"It's because of when she nailed that ass in the nose. Talk about a gusher," Abe said.

"And having a knife to your throat is enough to scare the piss out of anyone."

Officer Adams knew this was big, but sadly, he also knew it was bigger than he was able to handle. He chose to call for a supervisor, and then he started taking the witness's statements.

Jim Corsair, Randal Marshal, and a new guy named Thomas Frankowski had just walked into the building and were met by Dani's assistant.

"Gentlemen. I'm very glad to see you."

"Ms. Blackwood, can you fill us in?" asked Jim

"Not on what's going on at the cafeteria. The local police are here and EMTs. I can tell you I found something very serious up in some of the offices."

"Why don't you lead these two up and show them while I check on the others?"

"Very good," Sandra said, "Gentlemen, if you would follow me? And please have your IDs ready. There are two that will ask to see them."

Jim waited for his partners to go with Ms. Blackwood, then he went to find Dani.

It took about ten minutes to talk to everyone he needed to talk to. Jim felt bad for Dani. The whole thing was just a big ugly mess.

"Mike let me know when you're going to transport her. I'll have Randal go with you."

"Ok."

"We won't be moving her until her pressure comes up, it's still low," said Greg.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.