Nx - Cover

Nx

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 7

I looked between both of them, they both looked as if they had delivered grave news to me, I began shaking my head.

"Yes I know there is not much left, but I have hope to find survivors." I said.

Salis and Luna shared a look than Salis nodded.

"Yes I am sure you can find refugees to bring to safety." Salis said.

I shook my head.

"No I hope to find survivors to form a resistance, to fight the enemy off from our homes." I said.

Salis hissed and looked at luna, he chattered something I didn't catch to her, she looked down at the floor.

"That is why I wish to address command, I wish to go back, hopefully with some aid, but even with out I will still be returning." I said.

Salis looked disturbed, he handed Luna a padd and nodded to us.

"Well it was an honor meeting with you, I shall see you at the meeting tomorrow, Luna here shall be your guide on the station." He said walking off.

"He didn't like that." I said.

Luna just looked down.

"Do not worry about it, there are other sources of aid." Elora said.

I nodded.

"Well let me show you to your quarters." Luna said sadly.

We walked in silence for a moment, Luna was being very quiet.

"Luna didn't you mention human food?" I asked.

She immediately perked up.

"Oh yes, but I thought you would not be in the mood for it after the brief meeting." Luna said.

"Oh no not at all, I would love to go. But wow those guys were tall." I said.

Luna nodded changing course, I followed her down a long corridor.

"Yes the males of my species can be large and imposing." She said.

I just nodded at that.

"We are head toward the commerce section of the city, there you will find many business owned by aliens not from this dimension, most or related to our species yet some are very different." Luna said.

We passed a shop that looked to have an air lock as a door, luna saw me looking at it.

"That would be the Quna owned shop, they breath methane, the are very good craftsmen, that is a jewelry shop that sells hand made trinkets." Luna said.

I nodded, we passed a large pool or lake in the center of the shopping area.

"This is the lake where the aquatic species set up shops, this lake travels several miles deep below the surface, there are living quarters and hanger bays all under water for them." Luna said.

I looked over the railing.

"I would like to see that." I said.

"We will have to get environmental suits ... Oh well I will, I suppose you could just dive in." Luna said

"You would be right." I said smiling at her.

She returned the smile before moving on, we reached a sort of food section that had hundreds of little food shops, looking to cater to all the different species of the alliance.

"Wow, how long have your people been apart of the alliance?" I asked.

"For several generations now, a few hundred years only." She said.

I nodded, she guided me to a small shop where all the signage was in English, it was decorated as if a human had designed it, yet it still struck me as alien.

"This is Danarese Pizza, the best human Italian food you can get in this dimension." Luna said with a smile.

"Really? The entire Dimension?" I asked.

She nodded.

"It is the only place to get it actually, I really plan to go on vacation and visit a human world to get some authentic human food, but until than this has to do." She said.

I smiled as we entered, the place was deserted, a large male stepped from in the back.

"Luna my favorite customer!" He click hissed.

"OH my is that a human?!" He said excitedly

"It is a human Golem Dana." Luna said.

He came around the counter and grabbed my hand, taking it in the rough shake Luna had first done, I reached down and adjusted the shake to show him the proper way, and click hissed at him.

"It is an honor to meet a friend of Luna." I said.

"No friend it is an honor to finally meet a human." He said smiling.

Dana towered over both of us, yet he exuded happiness and exuberance, much like Luna did, we all sat down with drinks, something called a coke. Luna told him our tale, which Elora spoke up and greetings shared again. He was amazed at my story and my willingness to go back and fight.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.