Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography
Chapter 19

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

My first reactions were expected, as people were shocked to see me and began to walk towards me. I took a step back and held out my hand to warn them to stay back. Soon the man arrived and walked directly towards me with his hand held out to shake my hand. I put my hands to my side and refused to acknowledge him. As Sophie, I am a very agreeable and warm person. I like meeting new people. However, during rescues and in costume, I distanced myself thoroughly. That is why I never stay and shake hands, it also to make sure people realize I do a job for me, not for thanks or gratitude. Though I do read the thanks given in the interviews of those saved, and I do appreciate there words. It gives me an extra sense of achievement.

"I am Gerald Schofield, Editor here, how can I help you."

I used my hands that I required a pen and paper, to convey my requirements of why I was here. He got both from the receptionist. I knew handwriting was a very good way of clueing people into who you were. So I wrote with my left hand.

'I am here to be interviewed by A Carter.'

"I am sorry but Miss Carter no longer works for this publication, I can find you someone else." That is why I was pissed off.

'Can you get Miss Carter for me, please?'

"She is currently packing her things, but I can get you someone better to talk too. We are willing to pay you a substantial amount of money for the exclusive rights." Amy was right, she was due to be fired and this paper cared more about money then the stories. I felt bad that I had caused this, but also that this man had been the one to change the papers integrity for writing intelligent stories about New York. Now they were writing more about me and other celebrity stories. I had only read the newspaper for more of A Carter's work, and had noticed the gradual decline of the newspapers content and of Amy's work. I took the last note and then returned it back to him. I wanted her here now. Now he was panicking. Suddenly the lift behind him opened and a very upset Amy was walking head down with a box in hands. She looked up and saw the editor and then me. She stopped walking and the editor rushed to her trying to talk discreetly.

"No. Go away. I refuse to come back here, even if you paid me a million dollars. Now get away from me, you have already taken my job and dignity, you will not tarnish my integrity." She shouted at him, this made him quite cross and grabbed her. I immediately got angry, but did him no harm as I pulled him away and towards me.

'Stay away from her, you made your choice, and I have already made mine. It was A Carter I was going to tell, not your newspaper. By firing her, you have lost the final thing that made me read your paper. You were never going to get the exclusive. A Carter is only writing it, but I am going to make sure that the entire world reads it, not just the readers of your newspaper.'

He was floating a few feet away from me as I wrote. I gave him the note and put him back on the floor. I stepped around him and walked towards Amy. As I got closer and looked her in her eyes, she looked back confused. Once I was a few feet away, suddenly she dropped the box and gasped, putting her hands over her mouth. I picked up the box with my mind and held out my arm for Amy to take, she was only slightly hesitating, but took it as I guided us outside. Once outside, I put the box into her hands and held her from behind.

"Do you trust me Amy?" I whispered.

"Always." She answered as I slowly floated us away. Once we were out of sight, I closed my eyes and took us both to my home. She was shocked again and dropped the box. I took off my headpiece and turned around.

"I know it all so sudden, but please, it's me Amy. We just teleported. This is my home, you are safe."

"You're The White Angel."

"Yes I am."

"So who are you really?"

"You know me Amy, I am the person you fell in love with. This was my only secret. But I am no different to the person you met yesterday, this just something extra."

"I need a drink." I went to the kitchen to pour her shot of scotch and got myself a bottle of water. She was looking around the room at my pictures as I passed the glass to her. She drank it in one gulp. "Is this Melissa?" She asked as she held up a picture.

"Yes it is. Would you like to go and meet her?"

"Yes I would."

"We could walk, but it will be easier and quicker if I just take us their, if that is ok with you."

"I'm ok, I just wasn't expecting that. So fine by me, can I leave my stuff here."

"Sure you can, I want this to be like your second home it you want?"

"I do, want that, but can you just give me a bit of time to get my brain in order. This morning has been a mixture of anger, sadness, tears and shock."

"Take your time." I put my headgear back on ready.

"You know, if it wasn't for your eyes and smile I would have never recognized you."

"Melissa designed and made the costume. When I first tried it on, I hardly recognized myself. It was nice that you did though."

"So do I just hold on to you and you can take us to where ever?"

"I will explain how it all works, but let's meet Melissa first, I may have some errands to run to this afternoon. But we can talk tonight." She nodded and put her arms around my neck. She closed her eyes and held me close. I closed my eyes and took us to the office. We arrived in my small room, but looking at the monitor, I saw Melissa had visitors. I tapped Amy, put a finger to my lips to indicate for her to be quiet, and pointed to the monitor. I think she understood. We both sat on the bed and curled up together for comfort and reassurance. We watched the monitor and 5 minutes later Melissa was soon alone. I took Amy's hand and moved us off the bed and towards the door.

"How did it go?" I heard Melissa say as we entered.

"Very well I think?" I said as Melissa looked towards me and spotted Amy.

"Is that Amy? God your gorgeous let me get a look at you." She said as she ran to meet Amy. I soon had to leave, placing Amy in Melissa's capable hands. Amy stayed with Melissa all day and when the staff finally left for the day, it was time for us to leave as well. I decided not to continue for tonight and give Amy some much needed quality time with me, especially to answer any questions she had. I changed, thanked Melissa, also telling her I would see her in the morning, and then guided Amy out the front door towards my car.

"So you drive to work, I thought you would just teleport everywhere."

"I don't like to teleport unless I have too. I like driving, it makes me feel normal, which I am, and teleporting is an occupational hazard. Sorry I left you with Melissa, but I do hope you liked her?"

"Mel is great, she embarrassed you a lot."

"Oh my god, what did she tell you?"

"Quite a lot, but I will use it on you later. Good blackmail material. But seriously, she helped put certain things in prospective. How much you have done, how hard you have worked. She told me how she had to force you to rest, after nearly killing yourself. I think she has been the best thing to ever happen to you and the people of this planet."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.