Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography
Chapter 24

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

I have talked a lot about keeping my secret, and was very right to do so, because people will try to use others to get to you. Nathan did it, when he killed those three people, and if people were to find out who I really was, they could easily use my friends and loved ones to get me do things against my wishes. My powers allow me a wish list of things I can do in order to protect from any and all harm. Like for example the story I am about to tell you.

It was about 3 years ago, at a bank in Seattle. I was happily feeding Sally, our daughter when I was given a warning. I passed the duties onto Melissa who was their while Amy was away on assignment in Washington. I went upstairs and dressed, while closing my eyes to see the problem. I was horrified by the images I saw. There was not just one, but four. The first showed the police on standoff outside the bank and me talking to one of them. The others showed various masked men in the bank, and the 30 hostages that were about to be killed. Over the years, I learned to predict the dangers better. My Instinct was getting sharper and helped me to plan more efficiently, but this time, my Instinct was really trying to warn me of a trap, for men and could be responsible in part for the hostage's deaths. This was not dissimilar of a past incident that happened in a bank in Tokyo, but then, the robbers were useless. This time however, the men were heavily armed and proficient in the way they dressed and carried themselves. There positioning in the bank showed good planning, but something had gone wrong, the police were not supposed to turn up. I did not have much time, so I pictured the image outside the bank and to the roof of the building next door. I arrived and then FLOATED down to the ground in front of the man in charge.

"Thank god you're here White Angel. The men inside have shot one hostage that we know off and they plan to kill the rest if you do not show up. However, we told them we had no way of getting you to come. Obviously their promise to kill the hostages has brought you here." I asked for a pen and paper with my hands. By now with my immunity, I had relaxed my rules and sometimes stayed behind to help give witness to some of the crimes and rescues I had performed. Sometimes telling the police my interpretation of events, and thanks to my immunity, I could not be called as a witness. The police were always helpful when they could be, no matter where in the world. I was part of the team and they trusted my judgment and help, especially in dangerous situations like this.

'They will kill the hostages, although I am not fully sure what the want. Keep your men away and I will try and see what I can do.'

"I will keep them back, until you tell me different, but I have men ready to arrest anybody you apprehend. Good luck to you." I could have stopped the building, but it would have taken too much out of me too quickly, and I could not risk passing out and causing harm to the hostages. I had to go inside and find out what the wanted. I took the notepad and pen with me as I entered the building. As I said, I knew who was who and where. There were seven people involved in the robbery. One masked robber, carrying a semi-automatic gun, pointed his gun at me as I entered. All the hostages, including one dead woman, were laid on the floor, near the counter.

"One false move and we shoot one hostage."

'What do you want?' I wrote.

"We had to kill that bitch because she activated an alarm to not only alert the police, but also locked the safe."

'I can't open the safe'

"I know you can't and we don't need you for that, we have that covered. What we want from you is help escaping." Now many knew my powers, and my skill, but there was something not right about this situation. Every time I thought about freezing someone, my Instinct would warn me not to. So far, these guys had a plan, and I could not change whatever they had in mind for the time being.

'How can I do that?'

"Simple, we go out the front door, you fly us all away with the money, and the hostages will be safe."

'How many of there are you and how much money?'

"How much money? All of it of course and seven men." I was stalling and he knew it, but also my Instinct was guiding me, telling me I was following the right path.

'I don't have the power to carry that much'

"Don't give me that, you moved a fucking plane before." It was not a lie, concentrating on me, 7 people, and how ever much money, would take far too much concentration to consider that an option. I do not think we would get a block away. I hoped this would dissuade him slightly. Unfortunately, this guy was up on my skills.

'That was one object, not seven separate objects, plus bags of money.'

"We will get in our van and you fly us out in that and once we are sure we are not followed by either the police or you. We will let the hostages go and if you think that by just getting us out of here will save them, then think again. The whole place is wired to blow if you think about trying it. I know you can stop bombs, but 50 of them. I don't think so." That was what my Instinct was warning me about, one of the robbers in this building, who I could not see, was carrying some sort of remote trigger. I closed my eyes for I few second and then nodded my head in agreement. When I opened them again, the man just smiled. He thought he had won, but in the seconds I had closed my eyes, I saw an image of the man appearing in 1 minute, in his hand he held up the trigger to show me, then I would freeze him and then the others. "One thing I always wondered about you, except what you look like naked, is can you be shot?" He then pointed his gun against me and pulled the trigger, seven times. Each bullet stopping inches from my face, I didn't even flinch, which impressed the gunmen. I blinked, angrily, dropping the bullets towards the floor.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.