Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography - Cover

Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

Chapter 12

Then came the day that would be the ultimate turning point for me, my first rescue with witnesses. The business was just starting and the machines were working on Melissa's first designs of many. I had so far avoided public attention until it finally could not be helped and I had to do an important rescue in public. That would be when it all started. So one afternoon, 2.14pm for me, it came. It was a train derailment and I would be visible to not only people but also cameras. The casualty rate on the train was low, however, the area in which it crashes was close to a lot of the public who were waiting at a crossing, and that was the real disaster. It was now that I had to make my first appearance. So I returned to my room and got ready, I closed my eyes and made my plans. Once dressed and ready, I opened my eyes to see Melissa watching me.

"What is it this time?"

"Time to face the public."

"Oh my god, the day has arrived. How do you feel?"

"Apprehensive about what the reaction will be, but confident I will save about 50 people, lots of cars and a train." One of the things I realized while making my plans for the many rescues I had so far attended was that I had to let the disaster start. For instance this train. I could have stopped it before it came off the tracks, saving a lot of time and effort in moving people. Nevertheless, I could be stopping something important. For instance, there could be a problem with the track and if I stopped the train before that point, I would be stopping many trains, so I had to let it happen. In addition, if I arrived too early, I could be blamed for the accident in the first place, so thanks to Melissa and good timing, I learned to arrive when I needed to and do my job. Only when it was needed, and not before.

When I was ready, I closed my eyes and arrived behind a tree. I floated over the tree, to see people waiting at the crossing. Just as the train was about to derail, I floated down to the ground ahead of the people. I got a few shocked reactions from my appearance, but they were soon distracted as the train jumped the tracks, turning and crashing towards us. My instinct kicked in immediately and held the train in the air. I immediately got to work and began using my arms as guides, trying to get people to move back and well as their cars. I heard screams everywhere from panicking people. People were looking and pointing at me, but I had a job to do. I had to float some of the cars away from the edge of the crossing as well as some rather panicked people. Once the area under the train was cleared, I ripped the gate away from the fence and onto the other side of the track. This was to protect the people on the underside of the train, then I looked at the train and floated backwards, blinking to release it, but then consciously floated the train and gently lowering it onto the ground. Once I knew everyone was safe, I floated away, many people taking lots of pictures and video on their phone of me. Once I was away from prying eyes, I returned to the office. Melissa was waiting with a cup of coffee.

"How did it go?" she asked, handing me the drink.

"Lot's of screams and staring, but I got everyone safe. Just need to watch the news now. I might lay down for a bit, if this thing has started, maybe I should just rest, I might be off again soon."

"Be careful as normal. I will try to keep people out of the office. Give you some peace and quiet. I have the recorder ready to get your first pictures on DVD. So we can examine how you work."

"Thanks Mel, for everything." She left and that day was the beginning of a very tiring year.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.