Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography - Cover

Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

Chapter 8

How I discovered my power to Teleport? It is quite a distressing story, but after everything else I have explained so clearly, I need to tell you the whole story. It was the first day in our new home, just before we started university that this event happened. At this particular time, as you have read, I was still in the beginning stages of my training, and so far I had only had a few instinct moments, all happening in close proximity to me. Some I helped when I could, but most I had to ignore or otherwise blow my cover. In addition, I had still not yet mastered my powers and was still slightly afraid to use them to help others. On this day, I got my first and most important distant instinct and it sacred me to death. When it happened, all I felt was a severe dread come over me and could not see how something was going to happen in this house, unless it was about to collapse or something. Melissa looked at me and her face just displayed fear, for me.

"Oh my god Sophie, what is wrong, you are so pale and you're crying?" I had not noticed this but I realized that something bad was going to happen, somebody very close to me was in imminent danger.

"I don't know, but it is something so terrifying, I am almost afraid to look." However, I needed to look, so I closed my eyes and relaxed to concentrate on what was going to happen. I dropped to my knees after I saw it. Melissa kneeled down close to me to help, supporting me.

"What is it Sophie?"

"It's Damien; he gets shot saving Claire from a mugger." I cried. My brother was going to die. Moreover, he was on the other side of the country. "I don't know how I can save him, I can't FLOAT that far, and it is going to happen any minute." Melissa thought quickly and gave me the first idea that came to her mind.

"Concentrate, you could try to imagine the shooter or just the bullet and try and stop it. Just use all your strength and concentration." I nodded, although I felt a wave of nausea wash over me, I did not share Melissa's confidence in my powers to stop what would happen. I closed my eyes and pictured the scene, before the shot was fired, and tried concentrating on the gun. I saw an image of the alley the mugger had guided them into, away from prying eyes. I concentrated and concentrated, I stared at the gun, but also at the alley floor. Then suddenly I felt a breeze and the air around me, change. I immediately opened my eyes and I found myself in the same alleyway as the mugger, my brother and his wife. I had seconds to react and STOPPED all three of them. Then my anger got the better of me again, and I threw the gunman away from me, towards the corner. Seconds before he hit the wall, I allowed him to move, to feel the pain he had caused me, the gun still in his hand. I looked at my brother, still stood shielding Claire. With Melissa's experience with STOP, I hoped they would simply be in a slight state of shock, that they would not question what happened to the mugger. Once I felt they were safe, I quickly stepped back to the edge of the alley and before I turned the corner, I blinked at my brother and his wife, and released them. Hearing a scream as I walked away, looking back one more time to see a passer by run to help them.

I was in a little shock myself, what had I done? The mugger had brought me such pain and dread that I took it out on him. How he almost killed my brother for nothing more than money. Still who was I to judge him? I had used my power to harm him, even though I had managed to protect my cover and save my brother, I had still purposely harmed another human being, unlike Ryan, this time I knew what I was doing. Therefore, I decided there and then, that no matter what, I would not let my anger or my personal feelings towards another human, force me to use my powers harmfully against them again.

Now though I had other problems to face. My experiences had allowed me to become mindful of the strange things that had happened over the years. Although this event was so far the scariest situation I had faced, seeing my brother about to die, it was even worse than that car almost hitting me. I thought about getting a stiff drink, but I did not look over 21, so instead, I decided to try to figure out what had happened and how to return home. I had an idea concerning what had happened, a part of me was very thankful I had the power. Although the scared part of me, hated that it had been the event of my brother dying that had triggered it. If god wanted a way of showing me how, he could have tried with someone else. While walking down the street, I decided it might be a very good idea to ring Melissa first. I almost dreaded to imagine what she thought had happened to me.

"Hello?"

"Melissa, it's me."

"Where the hell are you Sophie, you just fucking disappeared on me? What the fuck happened?" she was very worried, she only said fuck when she was either angry or worried and stressed.

"LA." I answered.

"You're in fucking Los Angeles, 3000 miles away, is that what you're telling me?"

"Yes, please calm down Melissa, for me."

"Calm down, you disappeared on me you fucking bitch. Do you know how worried I fucking am?"

"Melissa, stranger things have happened so far."

"Fuck you. Seeing your best friend disappear is not strange, it is fucking frightening. I thought you had combusted or something."

"I saved Damien, but I got a little angry with the gunmen and threw him against the wall, like Ryan." Hoping the good news would calm her down and distract her from worrying about me. I will not even be surprised if she was smoking right now.

"So they are both safe?"

"Yes, probably in shock. Hopefully it will make them confused about what really happened."

"So you weren't seen?"

"No, at least I don't think so."

"Are you coming back?"

"How I got here in the first place is the real question, so I need to figure that out first. Hopefully though, I can understand how to control this new power, and get back home soon."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.