Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography - Cover

Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

Chapter 3

When I awoke, it was dark. I looked at my alarm clock it was almost midnight. I got out of bed, switched on the light and decided to take a shower. After cleaning up and properly getting ready for bed, I returned to my room. I had not forgotten what I saw; somehow, I had seen an image of the future, or possible future. I was not sure, but things were different now, I had changed the outcome, but how? When I moved towards the window, it was instinct. I did not know why at the time, but something guided me, telling me to go to the window. Then I turned, and I heard the smash of the window. But something else, something happened when I looked at the other two girls. I was protecting them, I was afraid for them. It was like a sixth sense, I was not thinking, I had moved because they needed protecting. The image of what would happen, explaining why. I did not think about what I was doing, I just did. I remember the glass breaking and watched as the other two reacted, and that I did something else. My head was feeling better, but the more I tried to remember the moment after the glass smashed, the more my head started to hurt again. Nevertheless, I was not going to stop trying. That was it.

STOP

As soon as I heard the smash, subconsciously, I immediately wanted it to stop. The rock and glass, I stopped them all, literally, in mid-air, of all motion. I stopped them from hurting the girls and me. I was tired again; the pain in my head had gotten worse. I returned to bed and fell asleep.

When I next awoke, I was hungry, so I decided to go downstairs to the kitchen. When I entered, I found mum and dad enjoying breakfast.

"Morning Lucky, how are you feeling? Mum told me about what happened. Do you want to talk about?"

"No, still a little confused, but thanks for asking dad." I went and grabbed some cereal and a bottle of orange juice and returned to my room without another word. I felt bad for not saying more as I knew they were both concerned about me, but as I explained to both Melissa and mum, I really did require some time to myself. I needed to understand what had or was happening to me. This was definitely something I could not tell anyone about, not yet anyway. After finishing breakfast and placing the bowl on my desk, I flopped back on the bed and started to drink the juice. Some of my hair was irritatingly covering my right eye. So I moved the hair to behind my ear, my fingers moving against my forehead, when I felt a slight bump. It was only very slight, although it was quite sensitive and raw to the touch. I looked in the mirror that was hung on the back of my door. I could not really see the bump, just a slight redness. It was located to the right side of my forehead, just below the hairline. I had not bumped my head, as I could remember, but maybe the shock had scrambled my brain and I had forgotten something. Then I thought about the abrupt tiredness and the pain in my head I had experienced, whilst trying to concentrate hard on the things that had happened to me.

I believed, and was right, that the pain was a side effect off trying to access my memories concerning both incidents. The abilities I had so far discovered resonate from the right, front area of my brain. When I tried to access my abilities, like seeing the image I had seen in the bathroom, it was a strain, to both body and mind, and forced me to rest. Strange then, that when I was almost hit by the car or when I stopped the glass, neither times did I have the same problem. I understood that what had happened was instinct, just that. What I had done was not to think about stopping them, it was instinct, a simple emotional response. Like when someone slips on ice, they instinctively hold their arms out to grab something, get their balance or break their fall. I think that when the car approached, I would have been scared, prayed, begged for the car to stop, just like anybody else. However, when I did, the car did in fact stop. But in the bathroom, I had a brief unconscious glimpse of the window breaking and the debris hitting the girls, and so followed my instinct, moving to stop the glass and protect them. Therefore, when I tried to consciously remember what happened on both occasions, it hurt; it was too much to bring the memories and thoughts to focus.

So now, I had to be careful. I had a better understanding, but I had to try as little as possible to force things to happen. Although I needed to learn better control, I also needed to try to take my time. I did have the choice to ignore what had happened, and if something happened again, instinct would control my actions and guide me. Nevertheless, whether it was curiosity or a need to really try to understand this power I had, I was going to try to get some control.

For the first test and next 3 days, I tried to stop my baseball from hitting me on the head. On both occasions, I was able to stop the objects, because I knew I was going to get hurt and was trying to protect myself. Therefore, I assumed that if I try to throw the ball at my own head and then concentrated on the ball to stop, it would. Instead my head got quite painful, both from the ball hitting the top of it and my hard concentration, so I slept quite a lot. I was so close to giving up, but I knew I could control it. On the beginning of the fourth day, I changed tactics and thought more about how my power actually worked. Instead of forcing the ball, I decided to try to relax. I finally realized that by throwing the ball at my own head on purpose, my instinct would not protect me.

So I tried again, only this time I cleared my mind of everything, except the ball in my hand. After several minutes when I felt very relaxed and my concentration on the ball only, seeing the image in my head, I threw the ball in the air. In my minds eye, I could actually see the ball move as if I had my eyes open. Time seemed to slow down as I felt and saw the ball pass the top of my head and then began to fall back down, to hit the top of my very lumpy and sore head, to where the ball had already hit it a hundred times. This time however, it stopped, just a few inches from striking. I kept the image of the ball in my head as I moved my head to look up. I slowly opened my eyes and there was ball, just floating. I continued for as long as possible, but as soon as I blinked, the ball dropped downwards. Luckily, I kept my concentration on stopping the ball from moving, so it remained in the air as I moved from underneath it. I took hold of the ball in my hand, but it did not move, I could only describe it as if it was super glued to the air. Then I blinked again and I felt it move, but I was still trying to concentrate on it to stop. In the end, I thought it should move, and it did.

Over an hour, I tried the experiment a dozen times and each time it got easier to do. Eventually I tried to learn how to stop the ball, when I just threw it in the air, rather than at my head. Although it took a few attempts, I managed to stop it in the end, without the need to put myself in danger. Even though my head was not getting painful as quickly or as much, I was quickly tired again and so eventually slept again.

During my time experimenting with my power, I did occasionally eat, mum would even put dinner outside my room and tap on my door. I did not speak to my parents much, and except for the occasional need to use the bathroom, I rarely left my room. It was on my seventh day, that I discovered another little trick I could do. By this point, I had learned to stop two objects at the same time. It was also getting easier to control, and although it still hurt a little, the pain and the bump on my forehead had dulled considerably.

Although I now know what my power is, then I had no idea, I just knew that I had control over objects with only the power of my mind. At that time, my new powers were just coming to fruition, trying to stop objects. I was sat thinking on trying something heavier. I was also wondering whether either I should learn how to stop my blinking, or to stop the objects from moving when I closed my eyes. When I did close my eyes and pictured the object, I could keep an object floating as long as I wanted. It was easier to do, but it hurt my head more. When I concentrated on the object as a solid object using my eyes, I only had control if I looked at it directly.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.