The Occasional Mind Reader - Cover

The Occasional Mind Reader

Copyright© 2009 by Cold Creek

Chapter 12

Brian woke up as Heather stirred on top of him, with the bright sunshine seeping through the curtains covering the large bedroom window. He glanced over to see it was already seven and shook Heather awake.

"Heather, we have to get up, it's already seven my dear" he said, trying to wake her up.

"Go away, you big Meany. Can't you see I'm exhausted from my ravishment last night by my brute of a lover?" she moaned while burrowing herself under the blankets.

"Fine, I'll take the first shower, come join me soon or I'll have to come with some cold water to get you moving Missy!" he replied.

"Heartless beast" she cried.

"You got it babe" he said laughing evilly.

He got out of bed and pulled the covers off her, exposing her bare derriere to the elements before entering the bathroom to her anguished "Noooo Brian it's too cold!"

Brian chuckled and turned on the water and hoped in the shower as soon as it warmed up. He quickly had his short hair washed and rinsed when his gorgeous girlfriend slipped in quickly to warm up.

"Let me in the water you behemoth" Heather said, jabbing him in the side to make him move out of the way.

"Sorry my gorgeous lover" he said with a grin.

"This is not how to get on my good side Mister" she growled as she got warmed up under the hot water.

"I don't care which side you point at me they're both good my dear" he replied.

"Humph, real funny Brian, now let me get washed up, we don't have much time for idle chitchat" she said.

"Yes dear" he answered before handing her a washcloth and a bar of soap.

He watched her as she washed up her front and turned around to rinse. He grabbed the other washcloth and soaped it up and quickly started washing her shoulders and back before spending time on her gorgeous tight ass. He knelt down and continued on her legs and then back up to her ass to wash between her legs as she opened her legs a bit to give him access. She leaned forward and bent her back a bit to present her pussy to him better. He gently rubbed it a few times and then pushed the washcloth into her folds to clean it better.

After a couple minutes of rubbing her she turned around and said "Enough stud, you're going to make me all hot and bothered again and we'll be real late."

"Alright my dear, but I reserve the right to continue this later" he said in reply.

"I think we can arrange that" she agreed.

They rinsed off and got out quickly, with Brian helping her towel off. They got dressed in good business suits and joined his mother downstairs.

"Happy Birthday Brian" she said as she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks Mom" he replied.

"Oh I forgot all about it being your birthday with everything else going on; Happy Birthday Brian!" Heather added giving him a big kiss. "Sorry I didn't get you anything."

"I think you gave him his gift last night my dear. I'm surprised you two can walk after your performance last night" his mother said dryly.

"Sorry Mom, I guess you heard us then?" Brian asked.

"The people on the street probably heard, Brian" she answered. "What were you doing to the poor girl?"

Brian just grinned as Heather was a beet red and had buried her face in his chest.

"I should have taken one of the condos downstairs" she said shaking her head.

"We'll be more discreet from now on Mom" Brian said as they walked to the door.

"Well, at least you seemed to be enjoying yourselves" she said as he set the alarm before opening the door.

Brian just grinned again as he stepped out and pulled the door shut after the two ladies. They walked to the elevator and waited for it to arrive. They kept quiet as they rode down and walked through the lobby.

Gary stepped out of the limo and let them in before getting back in.

"Good morning Mr. Trainer, Mrs. Trainer and Miss Simon" Gary said. "How was your first night in New York?"

"Very good Gary and how was your night, productive?" Brian asked.

"It was very productive Mr. Trainer. Let's just say things are progressing on that particular front quite well and leave it at that. Ok, this is a very short ride so let's get you hooked up. Here are your new phones, top of the line and almost impossible to listen into when talking to another of the same type of phone."

He handed them each a phone and showed them how to use it quickly and who was who in their calling list. He grabbed their old phones and told them he would cancel their plans and junk them. Next he handed Brian a laptop and booted it up. He had Brian scan in his fingerprints and say a sentence to set up the access security. Then he gave him a small card with another password to use for the next level of security. When it was ready he walked him through a few other features and then shut it down.

Next he brought out three small needles in a case and asked to see their shoulders. They all slipped off their jackets and pulled up their sleeves. Gary stuck the needle into each arm and then pushed the plunger down. They all rubbed their arms for a minute afterward. Gary pulled out a small hand held device and pressed a few buttons. They heard a pinging sound and he looked up and smiled.

"Good, they work. I'll shut them off but I can activate them from up to 300 miles away if we need to find you. I'll have one for Miss Burns and Miss Rossum whenever we can arrange it" he said. "Ok, anything else we need to discuss?"

"We're going to have Emmy over this afternoon for a bit. I don't think we will go out. Can you and Bob come up and do another scan before that in case we have a bug infestation please?" Brian asked.

"Sure, we'll make it a habit until we can get you a scanner for yourself" Gary agreed. "Is there anything else?"

Brian looked at his mom and Heather and they both shook their head.

"It doesn't look like it Gary. I'll call you when we're done here. Thanks for the new toys" Brian told him.

"No problem Mr. Trainer. We'll be around outside the office if you need us" Gary said. "Remember they might be recording and filming everything you say and do so don't even whisper to each other. Writing a note can be picked up with a good camera too so wait until you're back in the limo and after we've scanned you. Someone might plant a bug on you as well."

"Ok, thanks for the advice Gary" Brian said.

The limo stopped and the driver as well as Bob got out up front. Gary opened the door and went out first and looked around. He indicated that the group could come out and Brian followed the ladies out. They walked them to the front door and Brian opened it up and let the ladies walk in first. They entered the elegant lobby and walked over to a pretty receptionist sitting at an ornate antique desk.

"Hi, we're here to see Miss Burns" Brian told her.

"And who may I say is here for her?" she asked pleasantly.

"Brian Trainer and family" he said.

"Thank you Sir. If you would care to sit, I will see if she is available" the woman said while picking up the phone.

They moved to the set of chairs and sat down while the receptionist was passing on the fact that they had arrived.

"Miss Burns will be out shortly Mr. Trainer" the receptionist told them.

"Thanks" he replied.

"So, is there anywhere we should visit while we're in New York ladies?" he asked.

"Maybe the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building" Heather suggested.

"Museum of Natural History and the Guggenheim Museum would be nice" his mother said.

And I would like to see Wall Street and the Stock Exchange, Times Square and the Madison Square Garden" Brian added.

"Well all of that will take a week" his Mother said.

"We don't have anything to rush back to once we call Terry and Sammi and tell them we can't chaperone them after all" Brian said.

"I guess not" Heather said. "How about you Mrs. Trainer, can you stick around?"

"I guess I can stay longer. I can call a neighbour to check in on the house for a bit" she responded.

"Good, you're parents will love to hear that we're sticking around I'm sure" Brian said to her.

"Yes they will; they might even want to join us on some of the excursions" she agreed.

"Good, we'll set something up tomorrow with them" Brian said.

Miss Burns pushed open the large wooden double doors and walked over to them.

"Good morning Mr. Trainer, Mrs. Trainer and Miss Simon" she said as she offered her hand to be shaken.

"Good morning to you Miss Burns. Thanks for seeing us so early today" Brian replied.

"No problem, I usually get in about now so it's not a bother. If you would come this way we can get started. I have a few people assembled and later the partners and the owners of the two other firms would like to take you all to lunch" she informed them as they walked into the hallway behind the doors.

"That sounds fine Miss Burns" Brian said as they looked at the dark mahogany paneled walls with oil paintings of famous ship and land battles from the Revolutionary war.

Miss Burns led them into a large wood paneled conference room with a long highly polished table surrounded by high backed leather chairs, several of which were occupied by three men and three women, all in business suits. Miss Burns introduced everyone and they found that each pair of man and woman was from one of the firms in a day to day working capacity on the trust fund. They had multiple binders stacked in front of them in different colours. She guided them to chairs on the opposite side and took a chair at the near end of the table.

A long legged beauty came in and asked them if they would like some coffee or tea and went over to a tea trolley and poured the ladies a cup when they asked for coffee. She brought it over on a tray with a cream and sugar service and then said she would be back with Brian's diet coke. She brought a can plus a glass with ice and placed it in front of them. Finally she put a basket of muffins on the table with some plates and napkins and then left the room.

"Ok let's get started. Mr Trainer, you are here today on your 25th birthday, Happy Birthday by the way" she said.

"Thanks" Brian replied.

"We are here to present you the overview of the trust fund established by your Grandparents 25 years ago. After that we'll have you sign documents to move the decision making control over to you" Miss Burns continued. "The three firms would like to then make a proposal to have you continue to let us manage the fund for you. That will be handled by the senior partners of the law firm as well as the owners of the accounting firm and the investment firm during and after lunch. Does this agenda meet with your approval Mr. Trainer?"

Brian looked at his mom and Heather who both nodded and then told her it did.

Miss Burns asked that the overview binders be passed out. All three of them got one and opened them up.

"As you can see, the first page shows the actual annual contributions by your grandparents at five million a year for twenty five years. After five years the trust fund started paying the three firms a two percent management fee of the previous year's ending estimated net worth. The fund is worth, as of Wednesday's best estimate, 565 million dollars which includes all of the properties, stocks, percentages in companies that the fund has invested in. The fund has at least 100 million in easily obtained bank funds for any capital expenditures at all times plus a 10 million personal fund set up for you to access anytime" Miss Burns rattled off. "Any questions so far?"

She continued on when they said no.

"I'll quickly explain every page and then let you read through the binder for a bit and we can answer any questions you might have" Miss Burns explained. "On page two there is a list of properties in and around New York that the fund owns outright. The third page shows how much money you have in the ownership of various companies and what percentage that it is of the company. The fourth page shows the stocks and bonds you have money in.

The fifth page shows resorts and hotel chains that you own part or all of. The sixth shows various personal residences in various parts of the States that you own outright. The seventh is a list of physical assets such as the plane, limos, cars, boats, art work etc. that have been purchased for you and where they are stored, mostly in the various residences. The eighth page is a list of the more entertainment type companies that the trust has invested in, such as sports' teams, film production companies, record companies, and TV and cable companies, modeling agencies and so on. The final page shows the amounts in various banks around the world where the 100 million capital fund is as well as your separate personal fund."

The three looked through the lists slowly while their team watched them. Brian took the opportunity to quickly scan the people in the room and most were thinking of the plan and the work they had put into it themselves, mostly with pride and a bit of worry about the future with him taking control. One of the men was thinking about how hot Heather was and how lucky Brian was to have all the money and a hot girl. Stacy was worried about the whole situation with the bugs and who might be listening in and watching them here, hoping the three of them would keep quiet about their deal here. Brian didn't find any hint of worry or guilt about anything any of the people in the room had done in regards to the fund so that was a good sign.

His mind reading took only a minute or two and he had been skimming though the binder. He went back to the second page and started over.

The list of properties in New York was meaningless to him. It just listed a building name and its address or just an address if it was a vacant property. He would need a more detailed list to know what was up with these properties.

He moved on to the list of about 20 companies he owned or partially owned on page three. They were listed from full ownership down to the smallest percentage of ownership at the bottom. He was glad to see that automotive companies or any major auto suppliers were not listed that he could tell. Some were high tech companies, some were pharmaceuticals, and others were strictly research facilities. All were privately owned, by himself or in partnership with other investors. He hadn't heard of most of them so he would need more information on each of them to fully assess them.

The page four showed stocks and bonds which he also had no clue about. It listed a name and the amount of stock he owned and the current value of each. There was about fifty items on the list.

Brian took a break and looked over at Heather and his mom. Heather was studying page four intensely while his mom was back on page two with the New York properties. The other people in the room were watching them as he looked over at them.

"Sorry folks, this is all new to us so it's going to take a bit to digest this. Why don't you grab a coffee and a muffin and relax a bit. I'm sure you've all done an excellent job so loosen up a bit. We're not high powered financiers coming in to critique your work" Brian said to loosen them up a bit.

A couple of them smiled and Miss Burns stood up and went to grab a cup of coffee which allowed the rest of them to indulge as well. His mom nodded her head at him and smiled.

Brian went back to the binder and looked over page five. It listed resorts in the Caribbean, California, France, Italy and in Hawaii that he owned ten percent of each. The hotels listed were in London, Paris, Rome, Geneva, Beverly Hills, New York (the Plaza), Aspen, Vancouver and Hong Kong and the percentage of ownership were at five percent for each.

His personal residences were listed on page six. He had houses in the Hamptons, Scottsdale Arizona, Beverly Hills, Miami and a ranch in Montana.

The list of assets for each place was impressive. A sports car and a SUV were available at each, along with a limo for the Beverly Hills property. The Miami property came with a sailboat, speed boat and a large yacht, while the Scottsdale property was on a golf course and included a membership. The ranch was a working cattle and horse ranch with all sorts of equipment and vehicles for that purpose. The Hamptons house had a Rolls Royce limo as well. Every place had a list of impressive works of art attached to it as well as being fully furnished.

Brian took a break and grabbed a muffin. Heather looked up and grinned at him and he returned it with a wink. His mother took a break and also grabbed a muffin on a plate. He raised an eyebrow at her and she shrugged her shoulders and smiled at him. He broke the muffin in half and bit into it while turning the page to the media companies the trust had invested in.

There was of course the film production company mentioned yesterday as well as a record company, both based in New York. There was another pair based in Los Angeles as well. He owned the controlling interest in a company that owned a couple of TV stations and a cable service provider for the New York area. Finally he owned a portion of the New York Jets and the Islanders sports teams, like his grandparents, though probably a smaller portion than they did.

Finally, the last page showed that the capital fund was split in 10 million chunks in banks around the world, mostly in Europe and the States, but one in Hong Kong and another in the Cayman Islands plus the required Swiss bank account in Zurich. His personal account was based in New York.

Brian finally sat back and stood up to stretch and asked where the bathroom was. He was directed to the one down the hall and he sat down in a stall. He reached out to scan the various minds in the building he could detect in the stream. Most were thinking of their duties at the time. One caught his attention as he was thinking some pretty nasty thoughts about Emmy. Brian quickly brought his mind forward.

"I can't wait until tomorrow and I can have her helpless underneath of me, the little bitch. That will finally be payback for her rejecting me like that when she first moved into the condo. I'll show her who's too high and mighty to even go on a date with me, a partner in a prestigious law firm at only thirty! Well I've got her money and now I'll own her body too! Too bad I have to share it with that head of Security over there but he was the only one that could bypass the security long enough to plant the bugs.

I wonder why he hasn't called with anything on our new targets. Maybe something didn't work yesterday. I guess we can use Emmy to get them trapped and start sucking more money out of their trust fund than I can get out with all of the people watching over it now. I still got a couple million out of it and that property on Fifth Avenue that I can turn over for a handsome profit.

His girlfriend looks sexy from the pictures the agency provided. It will be so hot to get her and Emmy together under my thumb while he has to sit and watch!"

Brian was happy that he found the culprit behind the blackmail and a thief of a bit of the trust fund, but was disgusted at what the asshole had done and wanted to do with Emmy and Heather. Now he had to find a way to let Gary know about him without revealing how he found out.

He finished up and after washing his hands, walked back to the boardroom. Everyone was back in their seats and waiting for him to return. He sat down and turned back to the first page.

"Ok, we've reviewed your overview" Brian started. "It's quite an eclectic mix of stocks and bonds, companies, resorts and hotels, personal residences and funds spread out all over the place to say the least. I can see a bit of my Grandparents hand in some of the locations after their comments last night about taking some time to enjoy ourselves. I also assume the capital fund is spread out to minimize any one institution going under in these scary economic times?"

"You are correct on both accounts Mr. Trainer" Miss Burns answered. "There are tax reasons as well."

"On the subject of the properties, the stocks and bonds, and the private companies, I don't know enough about most of them to ask proper questions at this time. I would like information about each of them for us to review later. I assume that the properties and the stocks and bonds are mostly for investment purposes and the companies are more of an opportunity to me to get involved in whatever interests me?"

Miss Burns responded "We have all the information for each property, each stock and bond, and each company all ready for you to review Mr. Trainer. I suggest that each of you pick a couple that you might have a particular interest in and our experts here can go over those with you today. The rest you can go over at your leisure in your condo. On your second point, the companies were selected with that possibility in mind for most of them. Some are excellent investments at the same time and have grown significantly since the original investment."

"Ok, that sounds like a good plan. What's up with the entertainment portfolio, it seems a strange one? Brian asked.

"Your Grandmother insisted on that portfolio be added in the last few years. You will have to discuss that more fully with her the reasons why Mr. Trainer, if she hasn't already" Miss Burns replied. "I think you can guess who picked the sports teams as well."

Brian guessed it started with matchmaking with Emmy when she first made it big. He looked over at the women beside him and Heather just smirked at him.

"Ok, do you two ladies have a couple you would like to discuss with these experts?" he asked them.

They both did and they soon had a person from each firm going over the specifics while Brian listened in on both conversations. His mother went after the New York properties while Heather was going over the stocks. They both showed a fine grasp of the particular property or stock they were interested in and asked pointed questions that had the experts scrabbling for their files. Brian was impressed with both of them as they finally were satisfied with the answers provided.

Brian was interested in some the companies he owned or partially owned but wanted to keep it to himself which ones so he just asked about access to the personal fund so he could get Gary on board with them, not through the law firm.

Miss Burns said "We have checks plus a credit card and bank card all ready for you on that account. It is set up to have the balance always at ten million, pulling funds from the other capital fund accounts as necessary. We will hand those over as soon as you sign the documents taking over control of the funds."

"Ok, let's get those documents in here and have a look at them Miss Burns" he said.

"Before we do that, do you have any more questions for these folks? If not, they can head out and we'll do the lawyer type stuff by ourselves" she said.

"I think we're good for today" Brian said after checking with the ladies. "I'm sure we will have more questions in the next few days or I should say early next week for them as we review everything in more detail. Thank you all for your hard work and we'll see you next week."

They thanked him and filed out of the boardroom.

"I'll go get my assistants and we'll get the documents that I've prepared for you to sign off on Mr. Trainer" Stacy said, keeping it professional while letting him know that she approved them.

She left the boardroom and they talked over things in generalities until she returned with two women and a man, carrying a box of folders. They were introduced to them and Miss Burns got started. Over the next hour Brian and his Ladies reviewed everything he was to sign. They didn't find anything remotely suspicious and Brian didn't find anything in any of the assistants' minds or in Miss Burns' either.

He went ahead and signed the papers in triplicate, with Brian receiving one copy for his files. When he was all done, the assistants bundled everything up and left the room. Miss Burns then had him sign the credit card, bank debit card and the signature card for the bank account. She handed them all over with a couple of check books in case he needed them as well.

"That concludes our morning's business Mr. Trainer, congratulations and thank you for your patience" Miss Burns said, shaking all of their hands.

"Miss Burns, it's been a pleasure. You have definitely impressed us with your professionalism and the obvious great stewardship of the trust fund for the past couple of years. I will be sure to let the other partners know of all of your fine work" Brian told her.

"Thank you very much Mr. Trainer, it's nice to hear all our efforts are appreciated. There have been many people involved in getting your fund to where it stands today, I'm just one of many dedicated employees" she informed him. "I will see if the partners are ready for lunch if you still would like to join them?"

"As long as you are present as well Miss Burns, we would be glad to have lunch with them. Is it being brought in or are we going to a restaurant?" Brian asked.

"They have reservations at Portman's, just a ten minute drive away" she said. "I will inform the security detail and they will have your limo in front in a few minutes. The partners will travel in their own limos to the restaurant and meet us there. I'll accompany you if you don't mind Mr. Trainer?"

"Please do so Miss Burns" he answered as she left the room.

Stacy came back a few minutes later and guided them out of the office and into their limo. Gary and Bob were inside in the back and both had a finger to his mouth as they entered. The door was shut and Bob scanned each one of them. He found a bug in Stacy's purse and dropped it out the window.

"Ok, we're clean. Miss Burns, who do you think had access to your purse?" Gary asked.

"It was in my possession after I left you yesterday. I went back into the office for a while and then went to my apartment. I came back in early this morning and left it in my office while I was with these three. I swear I don't know how it got in there" she said.

Brian had read her mind and confirmed that as soon as Bob found the bug.

"We go with the assumption that you didn't have anything to do with it for now. I think you know how badly it will turn out for anyone who is involved and didn't tell us up front. My grandfather seems to have enough money to take care of anything that I can't and he has the will to use it" Brian said.

"I swear, I'm completely honest with you and know nothing about any of this" she said.

Brian looked at the other occupants and not getting a warm fuzzy either way made the decision to trust her.

"Ok, she's still in. I figure the best place to plant it is at the law firm, while she's with us. Who has access to your office?" Brian asked her.

"My personal secretary, maintenance at night, and I suppose anyone who could pick a lock or go in while my secretary was helping me. I can ask her if anyone came around if you like?" she asked.

Gary stepped in "Not yet, let's just assume it's someone there for now, probably higher up to afford such expensive electronics. The partners were all on the list of suspects anyway so nothing changes. We've made progress at the hotel, now we just have to link any partners to our suspect."

"That's good news Gary. The less said the better right now" Brian said. "Ok, give Miss Burns her new cell please. I suggest you let people know you've lost your other one and let Bob dispose of it."

They made the switch and Bob did something to her old phone before putting it away.

"Stacy, how much are we paying Gary for his services?" Brian asked.

"Fifty thousand a month" she stated.

Brian pulled out his new check book and wrote a check out for a hundred thousand and handed it over to Gary.

"You're working directly for me Gary. That covers the first month starting yesterday. We'll set up a permanent contract as soon as we can. Let me know of any additional expenses for this issue and I will write you another one for that. Do we have a deal?" Brian asked.

"You have a deal Mr. Trainer" Gary said with a smile as they shook hands.

"Good. I won't tell you how to do it but make this issue disappear by tomorrow and the bonus will be the same as what I just gave you" Brian told him.

"Consider it done Mr. Trainer" Gary said with conviction.

"I like the sound of that Gary" Brian said. "Stacy, what are we walking into at lunch?"

"They will try and get you to keep everything with the three firms at the same two percent or maybe even more if they think they can get away with it. They will try and get you a bit drunk so you sign on the dotted line. The older three partners are more figureheads than anything else and are semi-retired; it's the other four you probably have to worry about. The youngest two have both propositioned me more than once and aren't well liked by any of the women in the office.

All three of you watch your drinks and don't sign anything. Get a copy and we can look at it later. Suggest a straight fee for a month or something if you need to have something done today but I would try and delay anything until after the weekend. The fund won't be easy to move it out of the law firm quickly so we have to make some plans to do that rather than make a hasty decision."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.