Act of War S.O.S. Book 2 - Cover

Act of War S.O.S. Book 2

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 18

Deep Space.

I blacked out, the acceleration had caused me to faint, I came to floating in the debris field, it was an amazing sight, all that destruction, I couldn't help it, there was a strange beauty to it all, the other thing that got me was did not need to breath, it felt like I was holding my breath for a really long time, it was not uncomfortable just odd.

My eyes could make out fine detail in space, I could see the alien ships floating dead in space, I could sense they had lost their link with the collective and now were mindless drones, I could reach out and touch their minds, I could control them, I found that one of the other mes had already figured that out, several of the alien ships were being moved out of the debris, there was so much hardware out there now that we could use.

I felt Janus franticly searching for me, I reached out to let her know I was okay, she filled me in on what had happen, it had been 2 hours since the worm hole collapsed, they had heard from the fleet they had sent to fleet HQ that the colony had been saved, and there like here the aliens had simply stopped fighting, more ships however kept showing up as Jan, Coral and the Governor had taken their job very seriously.

// "Anthony I am sending a ship to get you, hang tight."

// "Janus how did you know I could survive being fired out of the cannon into deep space?"

// "I didn't"

I started to laugh, which is hard to do in a vacuum.

// "I think I am starting to like you Janus." I said.

// "I think I am starting to like you too Anthony, hang tight, there is still a lot of work to do." She said

I floated in space for another thirty minutes before the battleship Dauntless II came to get me, it was Jacob's ship, he personally pulled me on board, shaking my hand once we were safe.

"You aren't such a bastard after all" He said.

"Jury is still out on you." I said.

He started laughing at patted me on the back.

"That was damn brave Anthony." He said.

I shook my head.

"I only did what had to be done." I said.

He nodded.

"I know how that is, still brave." He said.

"Its going to take awhile to sort this all out, how many ships ended up coming to our aid?" I asked.

"Last count had it at 1.7 million, all ranging from colony ships too fighters, all with different stories, all from someplace else." He said.

We walked toward Medical where I would be checked out.

"Its going to take awhile to get used to this whole multi-verse idea." I said.

He looked at me.

"Hey you are the one with all the answers here, with out you we would not have known how to pin-point the other versions of us." He said.

I shook my head.

"I just pulled it out of the aliens head." I said.

He nodded.

"Still, there is going to be a place for you in the alliance." He said.

We entered medical where a nurse began to check me out.

"Yeah Jan's calling it the Muti-verse Alliance, a mutual defense pledge, any dimension in the alliance needs help and we all join together to help, Janus and Jan are both very excited." He said shaking his head.

I sat down on the gurney.

"Thats not a bad idea, who knows what else is out there." I said.

"exactly, and for the most part we can trust our counter parts, they seem not to different, there is a lot of fine tuning to be done." He said.

The nurse continued to check out my vitals, I caught myself in the reflection of the mirror in medical, I had not stopped to look at myself since this all started, what I saw was an alien, my eyes held a fait mechanical glow, my facial structure had been altered, my limbs looked longer, my face had an elfin look to it, here I sat the first Alien/human hybrid with nanite enhancement, and yet now I was not alone, there was at least 53 others just like me.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.