Act of War S.O.S. Book 2
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Escape Pod.

I was still on the floor, I was sort of mesmerized by the changes in my perception, I could feel the movement of the pod as we moved through space, heading for the fleet that had arrived and started attacking the enemy ships. It would seem the momentary distraction had given them the opening to take out some of the larger enemy ships, I knew all of this with my new senses, instinctively I could feel the hybrid ships, I could feel what the ships sensors read, I almost couldn't think with all the information.

// "Easy Captain, it will take time to adjust." I heard Jans voice in my head.

// "Captain it will take time to adjust." I heard Janus voice almost at the same time.

What the hell had they done to me, I flexed my fingers and watched amazed as my nails peeled into the floor of the pod.

"What the hell have you done to me?" I said.

"Anthony, we needed to mask the human presence on the pod otherwise the aliens would of found us in the debris field. We didn't think about the nanites, the other captains didn't have them so the process was simple, you however had nanites that had fought the change, Jan had to override them and adjust the changes to in corporate them, not only do you have the alien microbes you have your original nanites." Coral answered me.

I looked up from my position to see the other ship captains still sedated in their beds, I could tell from my connection to the hive mind that they still slept, I could also feel a connection with Jan and Jacob, it was all very strange, I looked at Coral she stood back from me, I could sense the concern in her.

"Is that why I can hear Jan and Janus in my head?" I asked.

I saw everyones eyes widen, Jacob just looked hostile to me.

"I can also sense the aliens as well as Janus's ships." I said.

Jan shook her head.

"We never tried combining the two technologies Anthony, I don't know what happened, the closest we have come is Janus, but she was never a human, she was a combination of the golems and the aliens, you are something new." Jan said

I slowly stood, getting my bearings, it was a lot to take in.

"I sensed the enemies mind, I was in its head." I said.

Jacob nodded.

"Janus has been getting probed by their hive since the wormhole opened, she said that stopped when the virus ran its course in you." Jacob said.

I rubbed my hand over my face.

"Its all very confusing, I can feel the enemy in my head, I sense their fleet, I also sense our fleet, its too much information, I am having a hard time taking this all in." I said.

Coral walked up to embrace me, she held on tight, it felt good to hold her in my arms.

"Anthony it will be okay, the fleets here we will make our retreat soon to regroup." Coral said.

"This might be used to our advantage Anthony." Janus's voice came over the intercom.

"What happen to the human ships Janus?" I asked.

"Two made out, the rest are gone." Janus said.

I nodded, when I tried to focus on the information I was getting I could almost make out the individual movements of all the ships on the battlefield, the alien fleet alone was massive and I was getting dizzy from trying, coral moved me to sit back on the gurney.

"Janus I don't know how useful this will be, its very hard to focus." I said.

"I have never seen an adult go through the process, we are born this way, I don't know how long it will take to get used to." Coral said.

"I remember the process, it took me weeks to recover, and I did not go through half of what Anthony is." The Governor said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.