Act of War S.O.S. Book 2
Chapter 5: Med Bay

Copyright© 2009 by dak

At some point I must have drifted off. I awoke still on the gurney in the alien ships med-bay. I had to escape, I had to get a message to feet command, I had to let them know what horrors where out here, I didn't even know where to begin, the Dauntless had found some alien technology and used it to build an army. The people must all be slaves to the A.I., they too looked to have been modified by the alien technology. I got off the gurney looking around the room, I couldn't find anything to use as a weapon, either way I needed to escape.

I went to the door, trying to figure out how to open it, there was a place on the side that was smoother than the rest of the wall, I pushed at it and the door hissed open, I stuck my head out side and almost fell back. There waiting at the door, was another Giant spider. It tilted its head to look at me; it seemed to think for a second then it stood straighter as it spoke.

"OH! Good you are awake, I want you to see this. Plesae follow me to the bridge." The spider sounded just like Janus.

"Um" I said.

The spider motioned with its front legs.

"I can carry you if you still feel ill commander." It said. It was odd hearing her voice from the hideous spider.

"No I will walk" I said. I needed to gather intel anyway.

I walked along the corridor with the giant spider, trying not to pay it much attention. We rode a lift for a few minutes before we exited and walked along another corridor as the spiders head tilted to look at me.

"This ship is over 15km in length and 5 km wide, it is one of our Dauntless class destroyers, my sister and her husband designed it. We used a mix of alien technology and human to create all our ships." She said conversationally.

"I see." I nodded needing to get information.

"You see, once we figured out how to use the alien technology, Jacob. Oh that's my brother in-law, he was the 2nd in command of the dauntless. Well we decided we needed to protect earth just incase of an invasion, so we set out to create a counter invasion force. It's been so long since we started all this." The spider seemed to sigh.

As we walked I looked at it.

"What are you and how are you doing this?" I asked.

"I told you I was the Dauntless A.I., when the ship got destroyed I transferred myself to the ships combat Golems, as we learned more I figured out how to act like the aliens Hive mind, you see I am spread across all of our fleet, each of the alien drones are a small part of me, think of it as each drone being a node on my network." it said.

I shuddered at the thought of the Golems.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.