Shotgun Jack - Cover

Shotgun Jack

Copyright© 2009 by aubie56

Chapter 5

Back at the ranch, I got there just in time for supper, and, hot damn, we did have some more of that delicious peach cobbler. After supper, I told Miz. Emily and Jake Witherspoon, the foreman, what had happened at the Rockin' K ranch.

They didn't have much to say fer or against Mr. Kilgore, the owner. They did know that he had been confined to that there wheel chair fer close on to 30 years as the result of an accident with a horse. Beyond that, they didn't know much. They did think that it was strange fer him to be behind the killin' of Mr. Williams. It looked like I needed to make another trip into Cheyenne to see what I might find out about this strange goin's on.

That evenin', Miz. Emily sat on the veranda swing with me and, this time, held on to my hand fer the whole three hours. Shit, at this rate, I was gonna need to visit that there Social Club the next time I was in Cheyenne! Whores aside, I probably could git some good information ifen I stopped in and just listened fer a while. I could combine business with pleasure by quizzing the whore afore I used her.

I know that sounds kinda crude, but whores know a whole lot more than most folks give them credit for. It's amazing what a man will say when he is busy with a good fuck. It sure wouldn't hurt to ask. An extra eagle ($10), or even a double-eagle ($20), could stir up a whole lot of memories and information, especially when the whore didn't have to share it with nobody.

I left fer Cheyenne the next mornin', and went to some of the other saloons afore I went to the Social Club. I got enough information to know that Mr. Kilgore had it in fer Mr. Williams, but I didn't know why. It looked like a full scale range war could break out between the Rockin' K and the Flyin' W at any time, but I couldn't find the reason fer it.

Along about mid-afternoon, I meandered over to The Cheyenne Social Club and went in. The bouncer let me in this time with a polite nod when I told him that I was there as a customer. The first thing I did was amble up to the bar and ask fer a Mexican beer. The bartender said that he didn't have no call fer that kind of beer, but he had some right good German beer on hand. I nearly shit a brick when I found out that it was gonna cost me a whole 15 cents, but then I remembered that this was a highfalutin place where people threw money around like there was no tomorrow. Well, as one of my employers used to say, "When in Rome..."

The place wasn't busy right then, soz I engaged the bartender in conversation. I told him I was from Texas, as ifen he hadn't guessed that from my accent, and I had heard about a bunch of range wars goin' on in Montana and Wyoming. He said he didn't know about Montana, but he did know about around Cheyenne. He mentioned an old feud between Kilgore and Williams what dated back about 30 years. It seemed that Kilgore somehow blamed Williams fer the riding accident what put him in the wheel chair. The bartender said that back then Williams had married the woman what Kilgore had been sparkin'. That really soured Kilgore and he had brought in and married a woman from back East, Philadelphia or someplace.

Anyway, Kilgore had always hated Williams after that, and had sworn revenge on him. Kilgore hadn't never done anythin' about the feud directly, but Williams did complain about losing cattle now and again.

Well, the place started fillin' up about supper time, soz the bartender had a steady stream of customers and didn't have no more time to talk to me. I figured I had all I was gonna git from him, anyway, soz I went into the dining room fer supper. There weren't no prices posted on the menu, soz I nearly shit another brick when I got a tab fer $2.50 fer supper. I paid it without complainin', but I did leave a reasonable tip. The waitress was naked, and I did git an eyeful while I was bein' served. She even had her pussy hair shaved off, soz I figured that I owed her sumpthin'.

After supper, I treated myself to a cigar and went to find me a whore fer the night. That's when I discovered why the whores there were so expensive. You didn't rent one fer just a fuck or fer an hour, you rented her fer the whole night, and that included the room and a light breakfast. Shit, I had screwed up on my first visit—no wonder I got such a funny look from the whore and the doorman when I left to take a room at the hotel.

I found me a nice lookin' woman what wasn't the youngest one working there, but she was experienced, and that was what I wanted. My whore was about 30 years old, soz she had some miles on her, but she really knew how to please a man. We really got into it, and she claimed that she came fer real, which didn't happen all that often.

Before we started, we talked a while, and she told me pretty much the same story I had gotten from the bartender about Kilgore and Williams, soz I guessed that I could believe it. I did find out that the son/foreman I had shot was the only heir, so the Rockin' K would probably be sold at Kilgore's death.

I left the next mornin', full of information and empty of jism, soz I was happy all around! I rode back to the Flyin' W to talk to Miz. Emily and Jake Witherspoon about what I had learned of Kilgore. They were both a bit surprised by my news, but neither one had ever asked the right questions from the right people, soz I wasn't all that surprised that they didn't know.

I spent the rest of the day restin' up from all of my vigorous exercise durin' the previous night. That was the first time I know of where I came three times in one night. I was never gonna forgit that whore! Ifen I ever got married, I was gonna try to teach my wife how to do some of them things that there whore did.

After supper that night, Miz. Emily and I was sitting on the veranda and she was holdin' my hand, again. At the start of the second hour, she pulled my left arm behind her neck and placed my hand on her breast! You talk about being surprised!?! Of course, it was a warm night, soz she wasn't wearing nothing under her dress, as was the custom in the West at that time. Her breast, I won't say "tit" because I thought of her as a lady, was a nice hand full, and her nipple was standin' out like my cock was doin'. She rubbed my hand back and forth across her nipple, and I could tell that she was gittin' more and more excited. Well, fer sure, I was too!

I had just come out of my surprise and was about to take some of my own action when a bunch of horses came roarin' by, and men started shootin'. Now, this was sumpthin' I knew how to deal with. I pushed Miz. Emily onto the floor and dropped down there, myself. I don't go nowhere without my shotgun, soz I pulled it from its special holster and cocked both hammers. The horsemen was pretty much passed us by then, but I could see them easy in the moonlight. Plus, I had the muzzle flashes from their pistols to guide me. Anyway, I aimed fer the last man in line and pulled both triggers. I was already in the process of reachin' fer my reload cartridges afore the recoil was complete. I popped open the breach and dropped in two more shells. I closed the breech and cocked both hammers, all in one motion.

I got off a second shot afore they was out of range. I know I hit several of them because of the way they was sittin' in their saddles as they rode off. I don't think they really expected to hit anybody with their shooting, since it was night and they were on movin' horses. However, I know that they never expected to be hit by return fire, much less, as devastatin' as mine was.

It don't make much difference where you're hit by multiple .36 caliber balls at close range from a 10-gauge shotgun, you're gonna be hurt real bad. Soz I didn't know how many I hurt, but I could see that there was two of them galoots what weren't gonna git back to the Rockin' K afore they died. I was sure that several more would die of gangrene in the next week or so. I hoped that this was enough to stop any more foolishness like tonight.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.