Always Finding Trouble
Chapter 19

Copyright© 2009 by Dual Writer

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 19 - Chuck Johnson. his "Job Hunt" over, is now a Deputy U.S. Marshal. His life is pretty complete with his six foot seven, three hundred fifty pound girl friend and a good life. He keeps finding trouble though but battles back against the bad guys. See how he handles several tough jobs without a lot of bloodshed but it can't last. Chuck and friends meet a lot of people you know that live in the area. (Some chapters have more sexy scenes than would be considered "some sex.")

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa  

Tuesdays are always weird. Usually you spend part of Tuesday finishing up what you didn't do on Monday. But today, all my stuff was complete until I got a call from the Dallas office.

"Mr. Johnson, I'm Randal Davidson, the Assistant Chief in the Dallas/Ft. Worth station. Our chief was shot last night and may not live. We are going to need some supervision, as there are several problems that are being dealt with internally."

"Randal, why am I hearing about internal problems for the first time now? John doesn't have any notes about problems in Dallas."

"We've been trying to keep it in the family, Mr. Johnson. John would not have been very forgiving if he had found out about the problems we were having. If you would, please send us someone to help out with the decisions until we know how the chief is going to be."

"Why are you dodging the responsibility of assuming command when your chief is down?"

"You'll have to look up my file, you'll understand more then. I can assume command, but not effectively, and I cannot do some of the things a chief needs to do. I am leading and supervising at the moment, but we will need a very strong hand here to get us through these problems."

"Randal, call me Chuck, I'm a deputy, the same as you are. I will be there this afternoon. When I need information, you will give it all to me. If it is confidential, close the door. Let me get off the phone so I can arrange transportation."

Damn, I am going to have to have clothes and lots of information. I went to the door and asked Wanda, "Please arrange the fastest method to get me to Dallas ASAP. I have to go get some clothes, so it will be about an hour before I can leave. I have a long list of things you'll need to get up for me. I will need either first class passage with an internet connection or private charter with internet connection. I will need the time to study the Dallas station."

I walked out of the office, telling Angie and Conish that I would see them for a while tomorrow morning. I winked at Conish so she knew I would be here for her interview.

I ducked back into Wanda's office. She was now on the phone and I whispered to her, "Figure on getting me back here for tomorrow morning, then back to Dallas after the interview with Conish."

She rolled her eyes at me and gave me the shoo, go away, hand motion, so I would get out of there.

I walked next door to the station and motioned to Marie that I was going through Sarah's office to get to Bobby. Sarah looked up at me, surprised, but I was headed toward Bobby who was sitting at her desk.

"I have to go to Dallas. I'm going for some clothes. I have to be back for the interview with the informant tomorrow morning. I'll probably have to go right back to Dallas, but if something comes up I may have to delegate the interview to you. If you have to do it, you'll have a list of things or rules to follow. I'll e-mail it to you while on the way to Dallas." I gave her a quick kiss and was back out the door, waving at Sarah and Marie.

My junior rocket got me home quickly, where I put a sport coat, pants, and shirts into a bag, along with underwear and my travel toiletry bag. I was back in the car before thinking, and went back inside to my desk and pulled two full magazines from the desk to go with the extra I always carried. You don't go unprepared.

Back in the car, I paused and used the cell phone before pulling out of the driveway. "Wanda, where to?"

"Boy, you sure have confidence in me. It's only been twenty-five minutes since you left."

"Thank you for being so good at what you do. Where do I catch a ride?"

"Go to the air park up in Lutz. I can get you on a commercial flight but their first class is full. The price difference isn't that bad and the charter service is going to layover for you, bring you back tonight or in the morning, then we'll see what will work for Wednesday afternoon. I have Angie consolidating the last six months of activity for Dallas and will put it in your file on your PC. Also in there will be personnel files on the chief, ACE, and on down. I'll have a list made up of items to follow up on for the Conish informant's interview in the event you need someone else to cover for you. Let me know on that. Are you moving toward the air park now?"

"Yes Ma'am, as soon as you said Lutz, I was on my way. I'll be there in less than fifteen minutes."

Wanda said, "They said they would have the plane warmed up and ready for a quick departure. E-mail me the details, I just received an e-mail from D.C., saying the chief at Dallas was shot while off duty and was in critical condition."

"I don't know the details yet, but the ACE said he can't fulfill the chief's duties and that there were some serious problems. I'll let you know as soon as I know."

I paused before saying, "Let me call John while I'm on my way to see if he knows anything."

I dialed John's private number and he answered, "John Scott."

"Do you know of any problems Dallas has been or is having?"

"Sorry, Chuck, I heard a rumor that there was a problem down there and I was going to tell you about it so you wouldn't be caught short."

"I'm on my way to Dallas now, at least on my way to the airport. The ACE said he couldn't fulfill the chief's duties and was asking for help. He told me there were some serious problems."

"Don't know, Chuck, sorry. I can tell you why the ACE doesn't feel adequate. He developed MS and is confined to a wheelchair and the office. He's a hell of a man, but he just can't do what a man's got to do in this job. If you need to replace him, get him another job, but if you have to replace the chief, get a strong person so you don't need an out of the office ACE."

"Got it. I'm pulling up to the air charter place now. I guess there are times when your private plane would be good."

"Your charter service is cheaper than us trying to keep a plane there for you. Use it effectively and it's that much better. You know on trips like this you should take your office manager. You need administrative back up on some crises. In the future, plan on it. I'm sure one of your clerks is strong enough to lead in your office when you're gone."

"Didn't think of that, but I'll advise Wanda of the need."

"Good luck, Chuck, call me."

I parked in front of the S&S Charter office where other cars were parked and stepped out of the car grabbing my bag and my case. The girl with the star tattoo came out of the charter office and said, "The plane is warming up now, please get on and you'll be off. Your pilot is John. I hope you don't mind, but there is no co-pilot today. You don't have to help with the checklists as he is a very experienced pilot. Stay in touch with him in Dallas so he can be ready for you. Your office manager gave us the address of the office you're going to be at. We are going to land at a small executive airport a couple of miles from there, a lot easier than the main airport in Dallas. There is a car and driver waiting for you. Thank you for using S&S Air."

She had been walking me to the airplane and had paused at the steps. As she pushed me up the stairs into the plane, she said, "Pull the door shut and push the arm down to lock."

That was it. I put my bag in a back seat and my case on the seat next to the desk with the built in PC. It was already on. A guy that looked late fifties, early sixties came and said, "I'm not going to be able to get you coffee, tea, or me, so you'll have to serve yourself. Buckle up and we'll be out of here. My name is John."

"Chuck here, thanks for the quick response."

"My pleasure, I don't get enough time in this little "Go Fast" anyway. Most of the time I'm in a small prop jet or on a crew for the G5. Buckle up now, as we are going to go across the Gulf instead of using land based markers. We'll knock off some time that way as I understand you are in a hurry."

I smiled and said, "Let's go. When we get in the air and you get leveled out, I'll bring you some coffee. I have a lot of work to do, so I'll be busy."

"Got it. Thanks for chasing for me. We're out of here."

John put the radio on the cabin PA system, so I knew at what stage we were. I logged into my office PC, put my codes into it, waited, put the second codes into it, then saw my desktop as if I were there. I clicked on my personal file and saw that the Dallas file was not that big, but big enough.

I clicked on and began reading from the most current backwards. There was some kind of rift between the local police force, the Bureau and the marshal service. All three were claiming jurisdiction about something that was not specifically named. I read file after file and didn't come up with an answer. They had no incidents this past year but the Bureau had several. The DEA and ATF guys had a few. None looked out of line and there were no employee casualties.

The Chief was an older guy, fifty-nine, had been a deputy since he was twenty-two, wow, thirty-seven years. He had come to the service when he finished his army tour in Viet Nam. Since then, he had finished a degree in law enforcement, married, raised a family and had been promoted to chief eleven years before. Everything looked good. A notation that he had been a widower for the last fifteen years saddened me, because it would be tough to be married to the same woman so long and to lose her.

I tried to access the Dallas police force records for a detective's report on the shooting. I was denied access. I tried the Texas Ranger's site using the FBI access and was denied access. Okay, I guess there are some bridges that needed mending.

The ACE's file was full of his early exploits, then notations about his MS and the problems he's had since then. He's done a good job and his station is ranked way up there on accuracy and timeliness of reporting. I'll bet they have a strong clerk too.

My eyes were getting tired, so I got up to ask John if he wanted another coffee and he said, "We are on final approach. Go buckle up but take this empty with you. We'll be down in five minutes. Your ride is waiting. It's a limo service with just a car, if that's all right."

"Perfect, as long as the guy knows where to go and can stay with me and be ready when I need him. I'll talk to you on the ground."

I started to shut down everything but shot an e-mail to Bobby and told her that if I couldn't get back, Wanda had the list I referenced.

I shut it all down as the wheels made contact with the runway. We were slowed down, quickly pulling onto a taxiway, going toward an operations building. When we stopped, a blue Ford pulled up next to the plane.

John shut the plane down and came back. Before the door opened, I got his cell number and gave him mine. I said, "In all likelihood, we'll probably fly back this evening and come back tomorrow early afternoon. After that, I don't know."

"It's all good. I don't have any one checking up on me so I'm free to be where you need me. This is your plane until you say you don't need it anymore. The boss told me that you would say where and I would take you."

I met Ben, the car driver. Ben was very black, but had a bit of a Spanish accent. He said he knew where the office was while holding the back door open. He wouldn't let me put my little suitcase in the back seat but put it in the trunk. "I'll watch it for you. I'm not supposed to let you out of my sight and take you wherever it is you want to go."

"Let's go to the station first. We can probably get something to eat or let's stop at a Subway or a good old fashioned Texas barbecue stand for something to take along."

We did stop at a little shack that was one of the old fashioned Texas barbecue stands. Inside was a counter with a guy cutting meat for sandwiches off half a cow. He would easily slice pieces off until he had a plate full, slop on some sauce putting it where another person would load up buns, wrap the finished sandwich, and collect money.

There were no chairs. There were some tall tables that you could stand up and eat at, complete with big jars of hot peppers and other flaming additives for your sandwich. I bought twenty sandwiches as I didn't know how many mouths I might have to feed. I was pulling a bunch of peppers from the jar when the guy behind the counter just handed me a smaller jar saying, "Take that, it's easier."

I bought ten Cokes and ten Seven-ups and we were gone, carrying everything in a cardboard box. I pulled out two sandwiches for Ben asking him if two were enough, "Lordy, Mr. Johnson, them is big sandwiches. I should only eat one but they is so good."

"Coke or Seven-up?"

"Seven-up."

"When we get to the office, I'll have to leave you in the lobby until I get the lay of the land. You might have to wait a while, so if you have a book, bring it in."

"Yes sir, I be fine."

The station was in a building with tons of parking out front. We parked in a space designated for a U.S. Deputy Marshal and walked into the building. I showed my badge and the guard swiped my ID. He did a double take on my name and said, "Welcome to Dallas Deputy Johnson. If we can be of help, let us know."

He pointed to the door plainly marked U.S. Marshal and Ben and I went in carrying the box. An ancient lady was at the clerk's desk with the ACE's and Chief's offices directly behind. They had only four other duty desks in the office with no one else there. I set the box of sandwiches down and introduced myself to the lady. She smiled and said, "I'm Glenda. There is another girl that just started, but she's out to lunch. What do you have in that box, it smells good."

"Good Texas barbecue, Glenda, there's plenty with some soft drinks. Have a couple. Is Mr. Davidson in his office?"

"Randy is right through there. Go on in. Take him a couple of those sandwiches. He'll like that. You Sir," she was addressing Ben, "go sit at one of those desks and eat your lunch."

I took four sandwiches and a couple of Cokes into the ACE's office. A guy was sitting in a wheelchair, working a mouse with one hand and something with his chin. A knockout looking lady was sitting next to him seemingly ready to help him at any second. They both looked up at me expectantly.

"I'm Charles, Chuck Johnson. You are obviously Randal Davidson, and you Ma'am?"

Randal waved a hand toward me saying, "This is my helper and my wife, Jean. She comes in every day to help me with what I can't do for myself. Nice to meet you Chuck and thank you for coming so fast, how did you get here so quick?"

Jean smiled and stood to shake my hand. I said, "Sit, I brought some sandwiches. Is Coke all right with you or would Seven-up be better?"

"I'll have to have Seven-up, but Jean'll need her Coke fix. Thanks for the lunch. Jean has to feed me so this will take some time."

I went out to get a Seven-up and a couple of more sandwiches for me. Glenda said, "I'm going to take some sandwiches and soft drinks out to the guards. They'll be real happy."

Ben was smiling while eating his barbecue.

I sat with Randy and Jean watching her dedication and obvious adulation. She gently fed Randy and waited while he laboriously chewed each bite. Between bites, she would offer him the Seven-up can with a straw. She would sometimes wipe the sauce from his mouth between bites.

"Nothing like good Texas barbecue, is there? This needs some peppers though. I held up a finger to hold on and went out to the jar. I brought it in and we each took four. After taking the jar back out, I offered it to Ben who reached for it with a big grin."

Back in the office, Jean said, "These are almost too hot for me but I love them. Randy shouldn't eat them, but I can't deny him the pleasure."

As I was finishing my second Texas sized sandwich I said, "When you have the opportunity, you might begin telling me the woes I heard in your voice when we talked. Jean, since you're obviously aware of everything, feel free to add anything you can."

Jean said, "We'll get Glenda in here when our new girl gets back and we'll go from there. A lot of it is pretty childish, but it's escalated until it's a real problem."

After taking a sip of soda, Randy said, "Just before you arrived, the hospital called. The chief didn't make it."

I nodded and used my cell to call John. When he answered I said simply, "The number one is down, queue up who's next."

"He'll be there tomorrow or the day after. I'll send you an e-mail with who, what, where, and why."

"Check."

John hung up.

"The new man will be here tomorrow or the day after. Now, let's begin clearing up any problems before he gets here. I have an important meeting in the morning. I can give the briefing then leave and come back or you give the briefing and I'll be in around one or two."

I heard some chat out in the office and asked, "Is the new girl here now?"

Jean nodded, so I got up and met the new girl and brought Glenda in and we shut the door.

Jean said, "He wants it all, so you either begin or correct Randy and me as we go along."

"I'll start, Honey," Glenda said, "I'm not afraid to tell it like it is."

"Mr. Johnson, I retired two years ago. The Chief called me up about six months ago, saying the clerk or office manager whatever we are, had to leave and he wanted me here temporarily. Well, I know Randy's condition and can work with it, so I came back to work for a while."

"Right away, the chief was in trouble with the Dallas PD, then the Rangers, then the PD again. The Bureau wasn't helping us with our problems, so we began to cite chapter and verse to handle the problem."

"I'm real curious about the problem."

"The federal court building was condemned as being a dirty building and couldn't be used anymore. While the rebuilding is going on, we are using the county and state facilities for our trials. The judges all have separate chambers rented for the duration, so they're taken care of."

"Well, the County said their bailiff's were responsible for the judges on and off premise. The Dallas PD said they have jurisdiction and wanted to babysit judges because of the federal money. Then came the big blow, the Rangers said they had jurisdiction and cited that theirs superceded the Dallas PD and the County. Meanwhile, the Chief is trying to get it across to all of them that federal judges have always been under the watchful eye of the U.S. Marshal's service. The other guys would be happy with Bureau or Secret Service taking responsibility, but didn't think the Marshal's Service was big enough or tough enough to handle the job. The only place we aren't surrounded by one of the other services is here."

"They have made it tougher on us by pulling our cross communication privileges with the local and state law enforcement. I just heard they have now escalated the problem with the Bureau. The DEA just made a big bust without including the local guys, so they are all in an uproar. Homeland Security is flexing their muscles and are trying to sweep a half million Mexicans back across the border, which pisses off the head honcho of the Rangers because he can't get his grass cut or his house cleaned. Actually Sir, it's just one big pissing contest."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.