Golem
Epilogue

Copyright© 2009 by dak

The Agent had the lab secured, the directors body was sent down to cold storage, he had ordered the military to secure the lab preventing any scientist from leaving. He sat at the former directors desk, he was going through her files. The company had been under investigation for several years, the government knew of the possibility of other dimensions, just not to the extent that was actually there. He had been recruited out of college to the NSA just like Lady Sumner had said he would, she had ensured that his grades and records matched the NSA's recruiting profile.

He had also been assigned to investigate the company with the help of a U.S. Senator, he was attempting to hack into the directors personal files for a project called Phoenix, it was heavily encrypted. His phone rang, he checked who it was, it was from the Senators office, he answered, immediately.

"Hello"

It was the senators personal assistant.

"Yes Mrs. Dane"

"Yes, its done you can tell the Senator the site is being secured"

"Yes Ma'am it looks like the company is owned through several dummy corporations by what used to be Dent Inc. like the senator suspected"

"Yes Ma'am I am in the process of decrypting her personal files as we speak, I will contact you as soon as I know more"

"Yes Ma'am it looks like this lab was only the tip of the iceberg as far as the wormhole research goes, I would recommend we secure the lab on the moon, it has all the same equipment as here, In theory it could duplicate the results here"

"Yes Ma'am as far as I can tell they only ever thought it was time travel, we may have got it in time"

"I know Ma'am, if she hadn't jumped the gun with the warheads we may not have been able to stop them before they figured it all out"

"Yes Ma'am I have full confidence Doctor Sumner will handle things in her new world"

"Thank you Ma'am, I will Ma'am, and please thank your husband for all the faith he has shown in me Ma'am, he has my vote when he runs for the big office"

Laura.

.

.

.

I took a deep breath, waking up in the hut, Ben and the Children stood over me, the first thing I noticed was Entoch's body was now very human looking, he was covered in natural flesh. I sat up, they both all smiled at me. Ben reached down to help me up.

"Good nap sleepy head?"

I stood looking at them, I felt my face, it too had been repaired, I did a system check to see multiple upgrades had been completed, I tried to contact the other me I couldn't raise her, that was odd.

"What did I miss?"

The kids laughed, I saw them holding each others hand, Entoch spoke first.

"You have been out for a month Laura, we moved the village further north to an island we found, Ben here has been very busy. After we moved you to the village he detected another surge from the worm hole, he went to check it out just in case."

Ben nodded and started his own naritave.

"Yes, I took the flight pack to see if it was another attack, I found two Golems with massive amounts of equipment, and two warheads"

I frowned.

"It wasn't an attack, the Golems barely had any programming, a Male and Female, both had only one directive to find you. Your double helped us sort it all out, we used the male Golem to finish Entoch and repair you, the equipment we need your help though, it looks like our benefactor on the other side has given us what we need to shut the wormhole down for good, we need you for that, your double said it would take some time to rig up the device though"

I went over to Entoch and Shanor embracing them both in a hug.

"thank you two, I am so happy you survived it all"

Shanor laughed.

"Laura we where more worried about you, but Stephanie said you would be okay."

I frowned.

"Stephanie?"

the door to the hut opened, in stepped a tall African woman my sensors identified her as a golem, she smiled at seeing me.

"Your finally up sleepy head?"

I looked at her then at the children.

"Um?"

The african woman smiled at my confusion.

"Laura its me, your other half, I realized I could transfer myself to the new golem since it was essentially an empty shell"

I looked at her thinking for a moment.

"And Stephanie?"

She smiled at me, as I stepped away from the children, and took an appraising look at her.

"Stephanie after Mom Laura, you know the other you used large portion of her memory to create my a.i., with all the time I had, I grew to be much more"

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.