Golem - Cover

Golem

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 17

Shanor

Slowly I came to, I was lying on the floor with Laura knelling over me, she was watching me expectantly. Everything was so bright and clear, I had gone through the training with Laura, or the other Laura on how to control my new parts, I knew I had to be careful of my strength. I looked around taking in my surroundings, I saw the parts for Entoch's body stacked to one side, I also saw Entoch lying on the sleeping furs unmoving.

I flexed my hands, getting a sense of power from them, slowly I sat up. Tilting my head from side to side, just getting a feel for everything. I looked down at myself, I looked the same, I was naked, I could see a series of light lines criss-crossing my skin where Laura had operated, she was still looking at me. I smiled at her.

"Everything feels okay."

She smiled back at me all the tension releasing from her shoulders, she slumped.

"Thank God."

Laura stood holding out her hand to help me up, I grabbed it and stood.

"Shanor, it movement might take awhile to get used to, so be careful."

I smiled eager to test out if I could do the same things Laura could.

"Can I go outside to um ... test things out?"

Laura looked over at Entoch.

"Entoch you okay here by yourself?"

We both heard the answer in our head.

"No problem I am fine here"

Laura looked at me.

"Your clothes are in the corner."

I blushed having forgotten I was naked, I ran to the corner faster then I had expected, I held out my arms as I almost impacted the wall, Laura was right this would take some time. I dressed slowly, I turned to see Laura watching me. I giggled slightly, getting eager to explore, Laura motioned to the door.

I took off at a sprint, laughing at the feel of acceleration, the wind whipped through my hair as I ran down the hill, I had never moved so fast, I skidded to a halt as I saw Laura standing several yards ahead of me.

"How the?!"

I looked back at the cave entrance, I had left first, I looked back at Laura she was smiling.

"I'm faster"

She turned and took off running, I heard her voice laugh in my head.

"Catch me if you can Shanor"

I smiled and took off after her, the miles flew by as we ran, I decided to try to jump, as speed up and left, I took off into the air much faster then I had anticipated, I started to tumble through the air.

"Crap"

I had no way to control my fall, I started to panic, as the ground came up at me I saw movement from the corner of my eye, next thing I knew I had landed in Laura's arms. She looked at me as she set me on the floor.

"Careful with some of your strength, you don't have the processors to calculate things like trajectory and airspeed, you have to practice until you get the hang of it."

I nodded, looking sheepish, just then I heard what sounded like a sonic boom, Entoch and I had learned about them with the other Laura, I looked to Laura and saw her staring at the horizon.

"what is it Laura?"

She was staring into the distance, I could see a dot in the sky but could barely make it out, Suddenly Laura shoved me hard, I went tumbling several yards away.


Laura

I had just caught Shanor and set her down when my sensors picked up a gravitational distortion, much like I had sensed twice before, I looked to the sky in the direction of the wormhole, I next picked up the sonic boom. I saw some kind of object appear in the sky flying at high speed, I instantly detected it energy signal, It hit me then that in the rush to repair the children I had neglected to mask myself as the other me had suggested, I got a burst of signal from it, it was the same signal from the probe to shut me down, I shrugged it off this time with no effort.

I heard Shanor ask me what it was when I saw the object turn and pick up speed, I shoved Shanor out of the way as I picked up the spike in energy from it. The beam weapon slammed into my side and I went tumbling, every warning I had was blaring in my head as I rolled in the dirt, my side was on fire, I skidded to a halt resting on my back. I sent a message to Shanor.

"Shanor, Run, get to the cave, protect Entoch, Ill distract this thing."

I saw Shanor Hesitate so I yelled out loud.

"Now!"

She turned and ran, I stood up again slowly looking as the thing banked to come around for another pass, I Held up my arms crossing them to shield my head as another burst from its beam weapon slammed into me, my feet buckled as I feel to the ground, I still held my arms up blocking the beam as continued to hit me. I saw the skin melt off my arms revealing the armored skeleton underneath, I shut of my pain receptors at this point, as it was just getting annoying.

My H.U.D. Flashed a warning for a target lock on my, I saw the missiles launch from it and streak toward me.

"great"

I took off running in the opposite direction of the cave, I tracked the missiles as it closed in on me, I dove to the right as the first one arched down at me, I felt the heat from the explosion as I continued running. I turned and targeted the next missiles, I raised my hand letting my cutting laser fire at the first one, it exploded taking out the other missile as well. I focused activating my combat programing, instantly everything seemed to slow down, I focused on my target scanning it. It was a combat Golem, it had a full combat suit on, that was where the missile and flight capability came from, it held a particle beam rifle.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.