Golem - Cover

Golem

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 13

// temporal displacement...

// unidentified energy disturbance.

// localized error in telemetry data.

// quantum teether attempting to re-establish contact.

// 5...

// 4...

// 3...

// 2...

// 1...

// incoming Burst Transmission...

// teether connection connect...

The directors assistant sat at the terminal, it was 3am. He had waited until there would be the least amount of people onsite. His clearance allowed him access to the equipment, he had followed his instructions down to the letter, he never opened the data file he sent, he just knew it was vital that he transmit it to the Golem.

When his father had told him what had to be done he had never really believed him, but hell the crazy old man had promised to pay for his education and establish a trust for him if he agreed to follow every detail the old man had mapped out for him. When he was young he had thought it was all crazed rantings of a delusional old man, but now as he sat at the terminal he knew it had all been true. The events of the past few months had all but confirmed it, now sitting here watching as every step had worked, instructions given to him before these systems had even been made had worked.

Now there was still much for him to do, still more steps to be followed.

Laura...

.

.

Sleep, I had not slept since I got here, I had not felt the need. Now with my biological systems carrying most of the load in keeping me functioning I had drifted off to sleep. I found myself in my old lab, watching the attack that had started it all, I saw my body get riddled with bullets, I winced as each one entered my body. Then I saw the chain reaction, saw the golem get sucked into the event horizon of the worm hole.

I thought I would see my crash landing, but I was still at the lab, I saw ripple go out from the worm hole destroying everything in its path. Soon I stood at ground zero watching the rubble of my lab, then the helicopters came, the military I guessed. I watched them set up camp, I walked among them, this was surreal, I heard the roar of a jet engine. I looked up and saw the hover jet with the logo of the company that I had been working for, I watched as the woman who recruited me out of college stepped from it.

I watched everything ... Up until her assistant had walked up to the terminal to send a file to ... to me? Static burst through my dream and I found myself floating weightless in a sea of black. A voice spoke I the darkness it sounded familiar but I could not place it.

"Dr. Laura Sumner, if all has gone as it was supposed to then you are what appears to you to be several hundreds of thousands of years in the past, somewhere you would consider to be europe."

Wait my calculations begged to differ.

"The systems you now employ are lacking several key databases to allow you to properly calculate these things, included with this message are the missing data files you need"

Oh that explained that.

"There are things you can't yet know, instructions that you need to follow, all of which will be revealed to you at the proper time."

This was a very helpful dream?

"These files will prove the authenticity of this message, Dr. Sumner as you may have guessed by what you saw, you have been set up, they knew who you were and what you where destined to become before your birth"

I frowned at that.

"You may remember how easy it was for you to obtain entrance and scholarship to MIT, out of that gratitude you agreed to work for the company that would ensure the death of the human body you once inhabited"

My fist involuntarily clenched.

"Fortunately for you they are extremely arrogant, they see you as a mistake to be corrected easily, first with the attempt to shut you down, and with what is to come. What they don't understand is that time is a very powerful weapon Dr. Sumner, when they have armies, soldiers, governments to do their bidding, You have time"

I nodded at that, I had already decided to minimize my impact on the timeline.

"Dr. Sumner you see there is far more to reality then you currently understand, worlds you may never see, alternative planes of existence, so where I may speak with some certainty of what has happened and what is to come, due to these variances things may come out very differently. You see Dr. Sumner you didn't just manage to jump through time, You have ripped a hole into a separate reality, one that is Identical to the world you came from."

Whoa, that didn't make sense then how did this guy know to send me this.

"Dr. Sumner you see, there are several millions of you, several millions of me, all getting this data from an alternate world, off set slightly to the next. The farther the variance in reality the more energy it takes to reach it, that is why I can say with some certainty what has happened to you and what will."

My head was beginning to spin at the possibility of it all.

"Dr. Sumner, your company had two goals, first was to create a method of transferring a human mind to a golem, imagine if instead of a golem, they had a memory unit, then they could edit what was stored and would produce copy after copy for an army of golems, as it stands now you have to use a human at a base some where to control the golem, so in essence you are still limited by the size of your human army. Unfortunately the process to do that takes a massive amount of energy, to copy what comes down to the soul, requires so much energy that it needs a singularity to do it, that brings us to their next goal"

They wanted an army of me, why?

"The second goal was time travel, something they still have not realized they haven't accomplished they, they wish to send a contingent to the past in order to establish themselves permanently throughout human history. Because things have come through from alternative realities they still think its possible to do it, they do not yet know that it is just an illusion, all it was was someone coming through from a world either forward in its time line or back in it."

This all seemed very convoluted thinking.

"Dr. Sumner, this has happened before on other worlds, where some entity or organization managed to get to a world that was in its early development, with an unlimited timeline there is no end to the advancement they can achieve or the horror they can inflict. Sooner or later they figure out they are on an alternate plane and when they have already conquered their world they spread out like a virus, devouring world after world."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.