Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel - Cover

Book 6 - Revanche and Laurel

Copyright© 2009 by The Missing Eros

Chapter 3

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 3 - A tale of Damsels, Dragons and Knights...and much more. See Disclaimer on author's page for more information. Have fun in fantasy!

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

Jacob and Laurel were shown into the large hall of a big manor house, it was an old house filled with tapestries, tables in rows in the hall, shields and crossed axes and swords on the walls. The maid that had come out to their wagon had told them to carry in the fabric they had for the Lady Joan and her friends to look over.

Laurel carried in the smaller bolts of fabric setting them on a long table, she got out of the way as Jacob started to tell the Ladies about the quality of the fabrics and the wonderful gowns they would make. Laurel noticed that one of the Ladies barely looked at the fabric, she was a sad looking pretty woman with shiny brown hair and soft hazel eyes, when the woman went over and sat on a big old carved wood chair Laurel followed. "Is there something I could show you My Lady that might be of interest to you, something special you're looking for?" Laurel asked. The woman smiled kindly "no thank you child" then Laurel was shooed away by one of the other women telling her not to bother Lady Joan.

When it was found out that Jacob could do a cobblers job of repairing shoes and boot's they were invited to stay for the day, to Laurel it looked like everyone in the big house had shoes that needed repairing, she chuckled seeing the big smile on Jacob's face, as much as he enjoyed being a tinker he loved being a cobbler. Sitting off to the side eating an apple Laurel listened to the gossip, she found out the Lady Joan's husband that she loved very much had died the year before. Laurel wasn't quite sure what a decline was that they said the Lady had gone into but it didn't sound very nice, she heard a page boy say that the Lord used to sit at night with his Lady and sing to her in his deep baritone and play on his lute.

Laurel saw the Lady pick a pear shaped box, frowning Laurel tried to remember where she had seen such a thing before, then as she winced at a discordant note Laurel smiled her mama had played a musical instrument much like that one except her mama's had beautiful pictures painted on hers, she remembered her papa saying it was very, very old and had been in the family for many years. Cautiously going over to the Lady afraid of being run off again, Laurel smiled and pointed to a string on the lute "play that one first" pointing to another then another "then those, then go back to the first one."

Lady Joan looked at the child with a touch of interest "do you play the lute?" Laurel shook her head saying her mama had showed her how but she had never gotten to hold her mama's lute, but she used to sit and sing with her mama while she played. Laurel looked in surprise at the lute the Lady held out to her "why don't you try, surely you can do better then I" Lady Joan chuckled. Laurel sat on the floor carefully holding the lute, she closed her eyes for a moment when she felt a tear remembering her mama and papa, putting her fingers to the strings it was as if her fingers knew what to do. Laurel closed her eyes again feeling the music flow from her as her fingers danced over the musical instrument, she smiled to herself and started to sing of traveling far and wide, of wonders seen and hopes of wonders to come, of forests, valleys and mountains that seemed to reach up to the sky.

Jacob was the only one who didn't come to a halt listening to Laurel, he smiled to himself so the child can play a lute that should prove interesting, he wondered for a moment what else the child was capable of. Laurel had been with him for almost three years now and she continued to surprise him with her abilities, she was good at helping him sell from his wagon, she seemed to instinctively know what a person was interested in and guided them to the item, she always was listening and would tell him funny stories and the gossip she had heard which helped him avoid certain area's if there was talk of illness or trouble, or head to a certain town hearing that they needed this or that. The child had in time settled in and become comfortable with her life on the road, she had learned to sew and usually sat on the seat next to him or in the back of the wagon mending their clothes or making new ones. The only thing he had ever seen her truly sad about was as they traveled further and further through the country she saw less and less of the her friend the little Lordling.

Lady Joan touched Laurel's head "you have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard child, thank you for bringing a smile to my heart." The Lady invited Laurel and Jacob to stay the night, Laurel sang several more songs for the Lady after supper, that night for the first time she could remember Laurel slept inside curled up in her blanket by the large fireplace in the hall. As she did each night Laurel whispered good night to Marti'en and received her good night in return, then she would send a goodnight whisper to Revanche always receiving a sleepy goodnight back.

The next morning Jacob and Laurel packed up the wagon, Jacob smiling it had been a good stay, he had made good sales and with the added money for repairing the shoes it would help during the winter. Laurel went to say goodbye to Lady Joan, saying she hoped they would be back this way one day soon. Lady Joan smiled then handed Laurel the lute, Laurel stared at the instrument in her hand "I can't take this Lady Joan, I have no way of paying you for it" The Lady chuckled "no child this is in payment for your music, you gave me a service by singing your wonderful songs and I am paying you with the lute." Laurel hugged the lute against her chest, her eyes wide she thanked the Lady, not quite sure what to say.

In the wagon Laurel still clutching the lute looked at Jacob "why would anyone want to pay for a song?" Jacob grinned "Laurel lassie, yea have a sweet voice and a way of telling a tale that makes people listen and those people many of them would pay to hear yea singing, have thought a time or two of saying something to yea but didn't know how yea felt about singing in front of people. Yea could make your fortune with a voice like yea have, didn't yea see all those folks in the great hall stop to listen to yea?" Laurel shook her head and giggled saying she hadn't because she had kept her eyes closed, but she would think on it.

Revanche, Trevor and Christopher were having a grand time going from group to group listening in as everyone talked and visited, it was the first time the whole family had attended the gathering, the three had escaped their mama's and had decided to go see what was going on. They stuck their snouts and noses into cooking pots, licked their fingers and talon's after eating tasty treats, they sat listening to the storytellers with much ohhhing and ahhhing.

Revanche startled as the huge red Gryphon suddenly appeared in front of him fell backwards tripping over his own tail, letting out a screech he tried to right himself his wings flapping wildly. Trevor and Christopher slowly backed up as the Gryphon roared slapping at his singed mane, Trevor started to giggle then quickly stopped when the Gryphon turned to stare at him. Falk started to laugh seeing Revanche and Christopher join ranks and step in front of the small fairy. The boy, the young dragon and the small fairy all jumped with startled gasps to hear a great roar and see Revanche's father suddenly tackle the huge Gryphon, the two rolling around on the ground.

Falk stood up pounding Rav on the back laughing "good to see you boy, hear you got the whole clan with you this time" Rav chuckled then started to laugh seeing Falk's singed mane, Rav winked at his son with a big grin on his face "I see you've already met my son Revanche" Falk his laughing roar filling the air grinned back "I should of known he was yours, why the first time I met your daddy here he puffed smoke in my face, naughty little dragon that he was." All three giggled to hear Revanche's pawpaw called naughty, Rav grinned flicking a talon against Falk's mane "we try and keep it in the family" Falk laughed "now, now I thought you reserved that for Trink, no need to go passing it on to the rest of us. Let's hear it lads, who are you." Christopher of Cairin came the first reply, Trevor of SheringCross came another, Revanche of the World and Universes as yet unknown came the third reply. The boys all started to laugh and giggle at the same time, they were soon wandering off to hear more tales of adventure and daring do by the many creatures all come to the gathering.

A tired Revanche curled up against his mother laying his head in her lap, Natalie gently stroked his wings humming softly to him as she watched the children slowly start to settle down for the night. Revanche heard his nightly "night night" from Laurel, yawning he said "night night Laurel, why can't you come to the gathering you would have so much fun, you could meet dragons and elves and fairies and Gryphons and mages and see so many other wonderful things" Laurel lay curled up in her blankets in the wagon, Jacob had gone off to the village pub by where they were camped, he didn't do that often but she always giggled when he would come back at sunrise swaying from side to side and smelling pretty. She wanted to go to the gathering so badly, Revanche had been talking about it for weeks and weeks, now he was there and she felt a twinge of jealousy at the amazing things he must be seeing and doing.

Marti'en heard the note of sadness in Laurel's voice as she said good night, "what's wrong child? are you alright?" Marti'en asked in concern, rarely did she hear such sadness in Laurel's voice. "I'm ok, it sounds like Re is having a good time at the gathering, he even said there is a Gryphon there, is it fun? Marti'en"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.