The Black Rose - Cover

The Black Rose

Copyright© 2009 by Blitzdragoon

Chapter 8

After practice, I sat on the bleachers waiting for him. Dad had worked them hard for most of the afternoon. Mike was a little upset; I had told him at lunch that I was thinking of talking with Alex after practice. He understood where this was going. We discussed how we had moved apart and that I still liked him, just that we were good friends. He smiled, brushed my hair back, and kissed me on the cheek. I blushed lightly, and was slightly sad that it was now over between Mike and me. The rest of the day was a blur until practice started.

Dad was prepping the team for our first scrimmage game next week, so he was hell bent to get them ready. Mike decided to give Alex a harder time, I knew he still cared for me but even the coach noticed that Alex had a bull's-eye on him. Dad smiled because he saw me watching Alex intentionally, as he took a big hit and I covered my face. Alex got up as if it was nothing and I blushed, as he looked my way. His face smiled back but his eyes were much darker. "What is hiding behind those eyes?" I wondered.

He was the school's biggest mystery. He barely conversed with anyone. He always had headphones on, listening to loud music, most of which no one here recognized. From what some of the squad have said, he sings in the shower at the top of his lungs, he makes sure he is the only one in the shower when he does this. His grades are good from what we can tell; my dad has been watching his grades like a hawk. In addition, he has no friends from what any of us can tell. The seniors on the squad liked him enough, but he just was not sociable in there opinion.

Tonight was going to change that one way or another. The squad had asked me to get him singled out and alone so that they could properly welcome him to the team. Hazing is one thing but, dragging him out to the middle of no where for one of the seniors' parties and have him drink himself under the table then have him stripped and left to wander for a few hours out in the middle of nowhere. I told them that I would drag him to the party as long as they did not make him wander the countryside for hours. I could not help myself; I knew that I was falling for him all because I could not figure him out. As I waited on the bleachers, my father walked over to me.

"Sabrina."

"Yeah, dad" I replied.

"Is Mike taking you out to the party tonight?" he asked while smirking.

"In a way, you could say yes. I am supposed to bring Alex with me. The guys plan to celebrate his joining the varsity squad." I smiled sweetly.

"Your not getting sweet on this boy, now are you. He is not ... Well ... I just don't like him close to you, he causes trouble." Dad stammered.

"If he causes so much trouble, why do you want him on the team, let alone on the varsity? Because deep down you know he is good, he just is not what you expected of me is it. Well I don't care, I like him dad and if I decide to date him you better not say anything or ill do worse than just date him and you know it." I huffed, staring my father down.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.