The Black Rose - Cover

The Black Rose

Copyright© 2009 by Blitzdragoon

Chapter 7 Friday

As I stood on the football field Friday morning, I shivered. It was cold for 6 am, and I normally would not be up this early even when I was 12 and playing soccer. The coaches were coming close to our first scrimmage that would be Thursday, which was less than a week away. Time was flying by, as my first week of school would be ending this afternoon. Sabrina wanted to see me after tonight's practice. I wondered what she wanted to talk about with me.

As I stood there thinking the coach decided to make it an easy morning for all of us since this was our last two-a-day, so all he wanted us to run was 20 laps around the track. We all groaned but this would be the last day we would have to get up so god awful early. I grabbed my headphones, turned on my mp3 player, and selected my track list for this run, some speed metal music to get me going, some classic rock so I could get into a real groove, then some favorites to finish off the run. I did not expect to get off the track for at least an hour since this was distance running. Hell half of us football players could double as track and field runners if we did this regularly.

As the music rolled through me, I would mumble the words to each song

I could keep my thoughts from running around, as they tended to do when I was exercising like this. Most of the guys gave me funny looks because they would recognize a song that is normally sang by a female artist and I was singing along so I just kept at my run and ignored them. I did keep track of my laps, and by the time, I was nearing 20 laps it was getting close to 7:15 am. I would have time to shower and relax in the lunchroom before I had to be at class.

AC/DC was playing on my mp3 player as I was making my last lap when I noticed that I was one of the first who would be going to the showers so I made a mad dash for the finish line. Ran up to the coach and told him I was going to take my shower now. He smiled and pointed me towards the showers. I stripped and grabbed my waterproof cover for my mp3 player and ran in to take a shower since I was the first one in there. I decided to have fun and sing while showering. Since I had finished my run with AC/DC I decided to continue with it and selected one of my personal favorites and started belting out at the top of my lungs while I showered. I bet all the players that could hear me as they came into the locker room were wondering what was going on as I screamed, "If you want blood, you've got it."

I dressed quickly and decided since I was in a mood to sing aloud the lunchroom was not the place to be so I went onto the patio that was for seniors' lunch. It was just outside of the building, so that I may not draw too much attention. I pulled out a set of drumsticks and started tapping out the beat as I sang along to keep in practice. I felt like I was in paradise, as I actually felt so energetic all of a sudden. Everything was going great and my dark thoughts were not even bothering me this morning. Since I was in a classic rock mood, I decided practicing hair band songs by selecting all 80's music. Since I was the only one here, I was able to have fun with it and not give a crap what everyone thought. These preps probably would laugh at me because I liked music that was from before I was born. My dad was to blame for my taste in music. While he was alive, he got me hooked on classic rock while he drove, mom did not mind so much but me and dad just grooved to it. I really missed dad, ever since he died in that plane crash. They buried him with military honors but since he died during peacetime, we would receive only so much for benefits. Luckily, mom and dad invested well and dad kept a life insurance policy that helped mom from having to worry about our educations, and take care of us without Mom having to work two jobs like some had to. We are not rich by any stretch of the meaning but we do not have to worry about going hungry either.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.