The Defenceman
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2009 by Cold Creek

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 15 - Michael Stewart, a Canadian at the University of Michigan on a Computer Science scholarship, is seen shooting at a free skate and is asked to try out for the U of M Men's hockey team. This story follows Mike's first year as he tries to fit hockey into a busy school schedule and a possible new girl friend.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Celebrity   School  

I woke up Monday morning with Vicky still draped on top of me hugging me tightly. The clock showed it was quarter to seven so it was time to get up. I gently lifted her up and put her beside me and quickly got up to shower and shave after using the washroom.

I got dressed and wrote her a note that I would see her at lunch at the cafeteria at the Central Campus at noon and hoped she had a good morning. I left the note on the table and left the apartment for morning practice. It was early so I grabbed some breakfast in the cafeteria and read my Logics textbook for a bit. I read until about ten after seven and then went to the locker room and got changed.

We did our normal skate and shoot warm-up and then Fred and Frank called us together.

Fred started talking "I trust everyone had a good weekend after our first game. Congratulations on your first win of the season. We had some good things happen and we found out some things that we really need to work on for our next game. You had better believe that The Wildcats of New Hampshire will see the tape of Saturday's game and try to exploit our weaknesses.

Albert Summers is still feeling the effects of the concussion he suffered Saturday. So we are moving up the second and third pair to the first and second pair and Steve Mason will pair with freshman Ian Pratasky for the third pairing unless Albert is ready for Saturday. John and Mike will have to practice for the penalty kill this week and still be on the power play.

We will have to give our defence more help in our defensive zone like we did on Saturday. We will continue with the extra two forwards helping deep and only one forward to shadow the point. On offence we will only send two forwards in deep and have the centre out in the slot to quickly help defensively if needed.

So, we are vunerable this week to speed and with our inexperienced defence. This is where we are now. Let's make sure we have a good week of practice to solve these issues before Saturday night. Are there any questions?"

There were none so the coaches started us off with some special team practice, but this time John and I were on the penalty killing team. Frank gave me a few pointers before we started and stood near me and basically told me what to do for the first few shifts until I got the hang of it. They decided that whenever possible, I would be the guy in front of the net trying to tie up the offensive player from getting an open shot or an easy deflection. That was when they had already established the power play in our zone. Prior to that John and I were to stand up at the blue line and try to force them to dump the puck in and we would chase their forwards and let them retrieve it if it was going to be a close race to the puck. That way we could hit them rather than they hit us.

We worked the power play versus the penalty kill for a good half hour and then did some five on five drills; emphasizing the schemes that Fred wanted us to run. It was a more conservative game plan but it would hopefully save us from costly mistakes or too many odd man situations. John and I got to work more with the first and second lines so we could get used to how they played. They were faster than the third and fourth lines and expected passes that much quicker.

Finally we had a full blown five on five game with first and fourth lines against second and third lines. The defence pairs were split up as well. Fred and Frank stressed the game plan to all lines and defence pairings.

The let us go at nine so I quickly went in and got showered and rushed off to the math building for my logics class. I got there a little early so used the front door and got a seat. Stephanie came in and sat a couple seats over from me. I gave her a small smile and said "Hi there Stephanie, I didn't know you were in this class too."

"Hi Michael, it's a requirement for Comp Sci. So how was your weekend?" she asked.

"Good Stephanie and yours? I replied.

"Not too bad. I spent it with the family" she said.

"That's nice to be able to still spend time with your folks. Do you have brothers and sisters too?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have two brothers and a sister all younger" she said. "They are a pain most of the time but it's nice to see them once and a while."

The professor came in and started the lecture. He quickly reviewed the first chapters and then went onto the next couple, hitting the high points with a couple of examples that left most of the class looking confused, including Stephanie. As the class finished and the professor had given out the next assignment after collecting our first one, Stephanie asked me if I got this stuff.

"I read ahead and do all the questions in the back of the chapter so I can follow him in class. He really doesn't do much to help people understand it. You have to do it yourself mostly" I replied.

"Maybe we can get together and you can help get me caught up?" she asked.

"Well I don't have much free time, except between 2:30 to about 3:45 or after 7:00 when I study. We can try and hook up then, but my girlfriend might be with me too. Let me give you my cell number and we can hook up today or tomorrow ok?" I replied as I quickly gave it to her.

"Ok, I'm free then as well. I'll call you to hook up after my class gets out. Thanks Michael" she said.

"Sure. Now I have to hurry to my next class. See you later Stephanie" I replied and took off for Creative Writing in the English Department. I ran up the steps to the third floor got in just as the professor walked in. I went and sat down quickly before she started. The professor continued the poetry theme, concentrating on symbolism as the major tool in most poetry. At the end she gave the first assignment to write a short poem for next class. I quickly grabbed my stuff and went to meet up with Vicky at the cafeteria. She wasn't outside waiting so I went in looking for her but couldn't see her in there either. I went back out and stood for a few minutes and then grabbed my cell and called her. She answered on the third ring.

"Hi Sweetie, sorry I can't make lunch with you. We just got out of Sociology and I have to get something done for Bio-Chem. class before it starts. I was just about to call you" she said.

"Sorry to hear that Vicky" I replied. "Do you want to meet after your Bio-Chem. and my Algebra class? I might have to help another Comp Sci student with some logic work but I told her you might be there."

"Sure Michael, I had better check out the competition" she replied. "Where should we meet?"

"How about this cafeteria? It's close and hopefully she will know where it is" I stated.

"Ok Sweetie, see you at 2:30" she said before hanging up.

I went in and grabbed some food, paid with my card and then found a seat. I opened my Algebra and read ahead while quickly shovelling in my food. After about a half hour I packed up, put my tray away and went back to the math building. I walked up the stairs and got there in time to grab a seat before Professor Adams entered the room.

He asked for everyone's assignment to be passed the end of the row and then collected them himself. He then rushed into his lecture on the next couple of chapters leaving most people in the dust quickly. Man, I was so glad I had continued to read ahead and do the work at the back of the chapters. I understood what he was saying and showing us for the most part but I didn't see how he got an answer to one of the equations he had just solved. It looked wrong but I wasn't sure. I put up my hand when he asked for questions and asked him about that answer when I thought it should be something else. He looked it over very quickly and said it looked ok but when I pointed out where I thought it incorrect he stood back and then said "Why yes, it looks like I made a mistake there. Ok, let's quickly fix that shall we?"

He spent the next couple of minutes redoing the problem from that point on and finally getting the answer I got as well.

"Does that match what you got, sorry, what's your name?" he asked.

"It's Mike and yes it does. Thanks" I replied.

"No, thank you Mike, I don't like to put an example for the class and get it wrong" he said. "Ok, any other questions?"

There were none and he quickly gave out the assignment for next class, most of which I had already finished on the weekend thankfully. I left with the masses and walked back to the cafeteria to find Vicky and Jessica waiting outside for me as my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number so I just said hello.

"Michael, it's Stephanie, can we meet now to go over the Logic assignment?" she asked.

"Sure, we're at the cafeteria near the math building. I'll be inside sitting with a couple of girls, a brunette and a blond" I replied.

"Ok, see you in about five minutes. Thanks" she said as she hung up.

"Nice to see you again Jessica" I said as I walked up to the girls. "Hi Vicky, how was your day?"

"Hi Michael" said Jessica as Vicky came over and gave me a quick hug and kiss.

"Hi there Sweetie, my day was ok but busy. How was yours?" Vicky asked

"Not bad Honey, but I'm glad I'm reading ahead and doing the work before the classes so I can understand what the professors are doing" I replied. "So many people are lost already because they're trying to learn from the professor rather than by themselves."

"Good for you Michael, you've learned the secret of success at University early" said Jessica. "It took me a whole semester to learn that one."

"So where is this girl that you've agreed to help out?" asked Vicky. "I bet you she's hot Jessica and I'm going to be cast aside like yesterday's newspaper."

"Now now there you poor thing, I'll take care of you in your old age while he gallivants around with the new younger woman" Jessica comforted her as she gave her a hug.

"Ladies, Stephanie is cute but she can't hold a candle to either of you gorgeous ladies. She needs some help in my Logics class that's it" I said shaking my head. "So, shall we go in and get something to eat and grab a seat?"

"We might as well Jessica, at least I will get a last meal before the end" Vicky moaned in despair.

"You know, you two really have the wrong major; you both should have enrolled in the drama school" I said with a grin. "Though the moan was a little overdone I think."

"Yes Michael, I have to agree, the moan was a touch too dramatic for this scene. What was your motivation for that Vicky?" asked Jessica, switching to a reporter's voice.

"Well Jessica, I was following the director's instructions in that scene. I told him it was over the top but he insisted. I do hope it doesn't cost me the Oscar this year" said Vicky in a fake superstar diva voice.

"Well, you might have to sleep with this critic here to get him to change his tune" suggested Jessica as we walked into the cafeteria.

"Again, isn't once enough" Vicky replied. "The things I do for my career!"

I just shook my head, grabbed a tray and put some food and snacks on it. The girls added some more stuff and we all grabbed some drinks and I paid at the check-out with my card. We had just sat down when I saw Stephanie come in looking for me. I waved and she smiled and came over to sit opposite me.

"Stephanie, this is Vicky, my girlfriend and her friend Jessica, Ladies, this is Stephanie, a girl in my Computer Science classes" I said.

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me take up a little of Mike's time to try and get a handle on this Logic stuff" Stephanie said as she sat down.

"Nice to meet you Stephanie and it's no problem at all. Vicky and I can stay for only a few minutes anyway and then I have to go for an appointment. You just have to make sure he leaves for the arena in plenty of time to get changed" replied Vicky.

"Sure thing Vicky, I'm just going to grab a drink and be right back" Stephanie replied as she got up.

"Oh she is a cutie Vicky" teased Jessica. "You have some competition there I think.

"Her, no way, I can take her easy" said Vicky.

"So Michael, what do you know about her?" asked Jessica.

She went home on the weekend, she has two younger brothers and a younger sister, she's in first year Computer Science and I have Logics and Programming classes with her. That's it I'm afraid" I said.

"Ok, it's a start. I'll find out a bit more before we leave for Vicky's appointment with Dr. Peterson" replied Jessica as we saw Stephanie walking back to the table.

She sat down and pulled out her Logic books and I did the same. She had a big drink and a bite of a sandwich so I continued to eat for a couple of minutes. Vicky and Jessica were talking about the weekend and Jessica worked Stephanie into the conversation.

"So Stephanie, did you have a nice weekend? Maybe a big date with your boyfriend" asked Jessica.

"I spent it back home with my family. No date I'm afraid, I'm not seeing anyone right now" she replied.

"Me either" said Jessica. "These two lovebirds spent all weekend together and left me all alone."

"I'm surprised a gorgeous girl like you doesn't have a boyfriend" Stephanie replied.

"Vicky got to Michael first, and I haven't seen anyone else lately that impresses me in the male population of this school" Jessica answered.

"Tell me about it, now that I know Michael is taken, most of the rest of the Computer Science guys are pretty geeky" said Stephanie. "We might have to get Vicky to loan us Michael once and awhile!"

"You ladies know I'm sitting right here" I spoke up.

"Don't worry Sweetie, I don't think the Ladies could afford the stud fee" Vicky said as she patted me on my leg.

"Well, some friend you are Victoria Waters" said Jessica with a pout, "leaving poor Stephanie and myself all frustrated and lonely. We'll end up poor old spinsters, pining away for Michael as you get serviced by your stud every night."

"Yeah Vicky, poor Jessica is looking at Mike like a wolf looks like a poor little lamb. I'd love some lamb chops too" added Stephanie.

"Good try girls, but he's mine so buy a vibrator and help each other out" said Vicky to both of them.

"Damn, it was worth a try Stephanie" said Jessica. "I guess we'll have to spend our nights together pining away for what could have been."

"Oh well, maybe he isn't any good anyway Jessica. He looks a bit skinny to be um, substantial" Stephanie mock whispered.

"Well Stephanie, sorry to burst that bubble but he is not only quite talented with fingers, and tongue, my nickname for him is Big Mike; and it's not because he's tall let me tell you!" replied Vicky with a grin.

I of course turned beet red as the girls looked over at me with undisguised interest.

"Ok, enough about me ladies please, if I cut myself shaving right now I would bleed to death in a matter of seconds!" I said. "Can we get to studying while there is still some time?"

"Fine Michael, But Stephanie and I are not giving up so easily. Stephanie, give me your number will you. We need to get together and plan our strategy or just go out together and commiserate" said Jessica.

Stephanie laughed but did give Jessica her number.

"Ok Michael, I have to go to my appointment now" said Vicky. "I'll either meet you at the arena or back at our apartments ok?"

"Ok Vicky, tell her I said hi too" I said as I gave her a hug and kiss.

"I will. It was nice to meet you Stephanie. I hope to see you more often at this time ok?" Vicky said.

"It was nice to meet you too Vicky" replied Stephanie. "It looks like I will need Michael's help for both my classes so I'm sure we will be seeing lots of each other as long as you don't mind."

"Why would I mind Steph? I think we will all be good friends" asked Vicky.

I stood up and kissed Vicky again and watched as Vicky and Jessica walked away. Stephanie was watching them and we waved when they both turned around to look at us.

"So, shall we get to work Stephanie?" I asked as she looked at the girls.

She looked over at me and nodded. We went through the first chapter and did some of the questions in the back. Once she said she had a handle on those we went through the second chapter and did some more examples. She caught on fairly quickly and did a couple on her own. I quickly showed her a couple things in the third chapter and said we could meet tomorrow at the same time but at the Arena cafeteria if she wanted to continue.

"Sure Michael thanks so much for spending your time with me. Now, you better get going to the Arena if you're going to be on time. Why are you going their anyway, some intramural hockey game or something?" she asked.

"I have practice for the University team Stephanie. So, I'll see you in programming class tomorrow ok? I asked.

"Ok Michael, thanks for all of your help" she gushed. She gave me a quick hug and then gave me a big smile.

"You're welcome Stephanie, just don't let Vicky see you do that or we're both dead" I said.

She just laughed and we walked out of the building together. We split up and I hurried to the arena and got changed quickly. I got in a couple minutes of stretching before we got on the ice for our normal skating and shooting warm-ups.

Practice was more of the same from this morning's practice. John and I got a lot of time on the penalty kill and some on the power play. We also were pitted against the first line in the scrimmages to improve our play against top players. We got burned a few times but I felt better as the practice went on. We tended to play better against better competition and we certainly learned a lot about playing against elite players.

We had our usual game at the end and I was feeling pretty good as we kept playing. We were up in the offensive zone against the number one line and the new number one D pair but the second line with John and I on D were keeping them pinned in their zone. John faked a shot and went in around their right winger and wound up for a big shot. It clanged off the crossbar and rebounded out to their left winger who spotted the right winger breaking out while John was caught in deep. I had moved to cover the middle and quickly turned to cover the streaking winger. The pass was perfect and the right winger took it in stride without having to slow down. I had the angle to get to him before he could get in on our goalie all alone so he quickly stopped, hoping I would skate by uncontrolled and let him walk in alone. I stopped just as quickly and ended up in front of him between him and the net. He tried to deke his way by but I played the man and let the puck go as I checked him away from the net. The puck squirted to the centre of the zone and I saw the other winger had followed up his pass and was desperately trying to get into the play. We both rushed to the puck and I managed to tip the puck by him just before we collided hard and sprawled out on the ice. Our centre corralled the puck and quickly passed it back up to get a four on three odd man rush while their two wingers and I tried to get back into the play. The puck ended up in their net via a shot from John so the extra effort was worth it.

We continued for a while longer and then practice was called. I looked up to see both Vicky and Amanda sitting together along with Susan Wheeler, Mark's girlfriend up in the arena seats. I waved and smiled and they all waved back with big smiles. I hurried up and got into the shower and got dressed. John and Mark had seen the girls too so they were quickly getting ready too. We all went out together and greeted the girls who gave us hugs and kisses.

"So, shall we get some food in the cafeteria Ladies?" suggested John.

Amanda replied "Sound good to me, girls?"

"Sure, saves us from cooking right Michael?" Vicky agreed.

"Yep, and no dishes either!" I said with a smile.

Susan looked at Mark and he nodded so she said "Fine with us too."

"Great, let's go" John stated and led the way to the cafeteria with Amanda by his side.

We paired off and I held Vicky's hand as we walked up the stairs. We entered the room and got in line to grab some food. The guys paid for the girls and we found seats together at a table. The guys dug in as we were all quite hungry after practice while the girls ate at a more sedate pace.

"So, it looked like a good practice out their today guys" said Susan.

"Not too bad Sue, we've had to switch up a few things due to all of our injuries on defence" Mark answered. "John and Mike here are moved up to second defence pair temporally while Albert is still out with a concussion. We have to get them up to speed on penalty killing and working with and against the top lines quickly or we will be in big trouble on Saturday."

"Well, they looked pretty good by the time we all got there" she replied. "Mike broke up that breakaway by the first line nicely and John put the puck in their net right after."

"Just got lucky on that one Susan" I said before putting in another bite into my mouth.

The other two guys laughed and John said "You seem to be getting lucky a lot Mike."

Mark added "I guess I'm just lucky to have you as a defenceman then."

I just kept eating as Vicky smiled with pride.

Susan then turned to John and said "Your shooting has improved a lot from last year John. Your offseason workouts seemed to have really helped."

"Thanks Susan, I think they have helped" John replied. "I have Amanda to thank for motivating me."

"Well it certainly helped. You two make a dangerous pair back at the point. They won't know who to concentrate on with both of you having good shots" Susan said.

Amanda was smiling now as well and added "Well, it would be all for naught if we didn't have Mark here stopping just about everything that comes his way."

"Thanks Amanda but these guys made it pretty easy last game for me to look good" Mark said.

"Yeah right, you deserve all the credit you get Mark, you're the reason we will go far this year" John piped up as Susan now got to smile.

I just kept eating and kept out of the discussion. I had no interest in getting a big head or stroking people's ego. I knew we had a long way to go to be a good team and I needed a lot of practice before I felt comfortable out on the ice. Thankfully the topic switched and Susan was asked how she was doing after the incident on Friday.

"I'm much better actually" Susan replied. "Dr. Peterson helped a lot and so did Vicky and Amanda here. Of course Mark was there for me all weekend when I did get upset. I think I've put it behind me now but I'll go see Dr. Peterson a couple more times just to talk things over and make sure."

We were all happy to hear it and Vicky told her to call her anytime she wanted to talk, day or night. It was nice to see the girls getting along and helping each other out. We sat for a bit talking about trivial things until seven rolled around. We got up and cleaned up the table wished each other a good night. Mark and Susan walked back to the dorms with John and Amanda, while Vicky and I drove home.

"Shall we split up to get some homework done or do you want to come over and keep me company Vicky?" I asked.

"As long as we study, I don't mind getting together. I'll get changed and grab my stuff and be over in a few" she replied.

I got changed into a tee shirt and shorts and started working on my Logic's assignment. I had it half finished before Vicky came over with her books, also dressed in a tee shirt and shorts. I made room for her on the table and we worked in silence for awhile. I finished the assignment and then pulled out my Algebra and did that assignment, copying what I had done already and finishing the rest of the questions. Finally, I worked on a new poem, trying to use symbolism instead of writing directly about the topic. I decided to first write one poem without any symbolism and then try and capture the essence of that one using metaphors and hidden meanings. I was always a direct sort of person so it didn't come very easy.

I was reminded of the movie The Prince and I, where Julia Stiles plays a student chemist, and the in disguise Prince has to explain Shakespeare to her with the sun rising meaning something other than the actual sunrise. I felt just like her when it all went whoosh over her head. She was cute and the only reason I watched the movie in the first place.

I went back to translating the direct poem about my ladies into stupid symbolic poetry using a nature theme. I finally got through it and sighed in relief as I finished the poem. I looked up to see Vicky sitting there grinning at me.

"What?" I asked her. "Do I have something on my face or something?"

"Sweetie, you looked so cute trying to figure out that poem. I wish I had a video camera to record that. You really don't have a poetic bone in your body do you?" she said with a smile to lessen the critique.

"Sorry Honey, I don't think so. I wrote a poem how I would say things and then tried to translate it into symbolic poetry" I explained to her. "Here, read them both and see what you think."

I handed them to her and watched as she read the two versions. I saw her wince once reading the second one so I knew it needed help a lot of help.

"Well Sweetie, I give you an A for effort but a D for the final result. I think I can help though if you want?" she asked.

"Please Honey, I would so appreciate it. But we have to make it still sound from a guy ok?" I replied worriedly.

"Of course Sweetie, like I would make my man sound like anything else than manly" she assured me as she put a hand on my face. "Remember, I know how much a man you are Michael."

"Thanks Vicky, I don't know how to repay you Honey" I said as I leaned in and kissed her.

"Hmmm, that's a good start Sweetie, I'm sure we can figure out proper compensation later" she replied with a grin. "Ok, leave me alone for a bit and let me see what I can turn your original concept into something more poetic" she instructed me.

"Sure honey, I'll go and work on my laptop in the bedroom. Thanks" I said as I got up and gave her a quick hug before moving to the bedroom.

I logged on to the network and checked my email. My lawyer actually emailed me an update. The company that owned the mill had offered a half million as a settlement and if I accepted it the insurance company was also going to pay off on their policy, having worked out some sort of deal with the company. He recommended accepting the offer as it was fair and it would be difficult to get more from them without a long drawn out legal battle with only a small chance to win. The lawyer also said that the realtor had said a fair offer was in the works for the house so hopefully all of my parent's affairs could be wrapped up soon.

I responded back to him telling him to accept the company's offer and to let me know when both the company and the insurance people would transfer the funds. I thanked him for his efforts and signed off.

I was happy that it looked like it things were looking up with my parent's affairs. It was nice to know I wouldn't be hurting for money for a long while and could concentrate on school and hockey. I really didn't need much money right now but it was nice to have in case something came up unexpectedly.

I played some games for a bit until Vicky came into the room with a sheet of paper.

"Here, see what you think Michael" she instructed me.

I read the poem and quickly saw how she had taken my ideas and transformed them into a simple but eloquent poem with lots of imagery. I probably wouldn't have gotten all of it if I hadn't written the original but I could easily see how it mirrored what I started out with.

"Vicky, this is fantastic" I complimented her. "I can't believe how well it captures what I wanted to say but looks and sounds so different. You could be a very good writer if you wanted to be one."

"Thank you Michael, I always did well in creative writing. So, do you think you can pass it off as yours?" she asked.

"Nope, not a chance. I'm not good at lying so I will try and do something similar using just a small amount of yours. It won't be as good but at least I know it's mostly mine. I really do appreciate you doing this so I get a good idea on what a good poem should be" I said as I stood up and hugged and kissed her.

"Well your welcome Sweetie. You're in a good mood all of a sudden" she replied.

"I got some good news on my parent's affairs from the lawyer. He got a good offer from the company so we should be able to wrap it up soon. There's going to be an offer on the house too" I enthused.

"What are you talking about Michael?" she asked with a frown.

"Oh that's right, we never talked about this" I said. "I talked it over a bit with your Dad the weekend I stayed over at your place but I haven't told you two about it yet. I'm not sure why I haven't. Anyway, the lawyer handling my parents' affairs, my Dad's really as my Mom died earlier in the year, finally got an offer from the company that owned the Saw Mill where my Dad died in an industrial accident a few weeks ago. The insurance company was waiting for that to happen before they would pay off on his policy. And he also said that the realtor expects a good offer on the house in the next day or two."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.