The Defenceman
Chapter 42

Copyright© 2009 by Cold Creek

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 42 - Michael Stewart, a Canadian at the University of Michigan on a Computer Science scholarship, is seen shooting at a free skate and is asked to try out for the U of M Men's hockey team. This story follows Mike's first year as he tries to fit hockey into a busy school schedule and a possible new girl friend.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Celebrity   School  

I woke up to the alarm and snuck out of bed without waking Trisha. I left her a note telling her I would be back at two thirty to spend some time with her before going back for afternoon practice. I put the itinerary beside the note on the dining room table and left her my cell number as well as Katie's in case she needed either of us.

I drove to the arena and hustled in to get out of the cold. February was deciding to come in and make January feel balmy by comparison. I got suited up and did my usual stretching before skating longer than usual, just holding my stick lightly. After I had enough of skating by myself, I stick handled with a puck and started some light wrist shots close in to test the hand. It felt fine and there wasn't any pain so I started shooting harder. After a dozen shots, I checked the hand out and there didn't seem to be any swelling, which was a good thing because Chris and Fred came out of the tunnel looking pissed.

I smiled and skated over to them and, before they could say a thing, said, "Before you get mad, the swelling is gone and there's no pain at all. Take a look."

Chris looked at the hand, turning it over and bending the finger down to make a fist. I just smiled and let him try and torture me.

"It looks ok," Chris said to Fred. "Either he's a fast healer or it wasn't as damaged as bad as it looked Saturday night."

"You guys should have let me play Saturday night, I could have helped," I said, shaking my head. "C'est la vie."

"I'm sure you would have, but we don't take chances with our athletes," Fred replied. "Ok, let Chris know if you have pain or it swells up again."

I nodded and skated back to my line of pucks and started cranking shots off Patrick. My teammates joined me and I had to stop so they could skate. I joined them for a bit and then rested on the bench.

"So the hand's better?" John asked, skating up to the bench.

"Yep, good as new," I replied.

"That's good news, we needed you Saturday night," he stated. "No offence to Rob or Ian, but they can't keep up with a guy like Mitchell."

"No one can keep up with him," I replied. "You have to give yourself a head start."

"True, but you know what I mean," he responded. "Anyway, it's good that you're ok."

Fred gathered us together soon afterwards and started his speech.

"Gentlemen, we had a good weekend," he said, once he had our attention. "We beat the number one team in the nation in their building and took them to overtime here. I'm proud to say that we've jumped up to fourth in the nation, so congratulations!"

We all cheered and pounded our sticks on the ice for a bit.

"Ok, so we have the Lake Superior State Lakers in here this weekend for two games," he continued. "Two games we should and need to win, so we're going to continue with our mix and match style to confuse our intentions. Let's keep up the intensity and make sure we don't let these two slip by."

We broke apart and practiced all aspects of our game. I was paired with Mat again and enjoyed being the puck carrier of our duo. It felt good to be back on the ice after a couple days off.

After practice, I had to have a quick shower and walked up to algebra. I handed in my assignment and found a seat. The professor went a bit slower than last week and only tackled one chapter before assigning a bunch of questions for the next assignment. I packed up and went to calculus.

Professor Hiller outdid herself, wearing a clingy blouse and short skirt under a matching jacket. She was a bit kinder on us as well, reviewing parts of the last chapter and only going through one new one. She even took it easy on us for the assignment. As usual, I stuck around to the end.

"Miss Hiller, I must say you look simply ravishing," I told her. "I'm sure I can get you a modeling contract if you wish."

"Why thank you Mr. Stewart, that is so kind of you to say," she replied. "You played well on Friday night but I missed you on Saturday. They say you hurt your hand saving that last shot. How is it?"

"It's almost healed," I said, showing her the hand. "It was too swollen to play Saturday. I'm surprised you're watching hockey so often. Do you like it that much?"

"I like a certain player enough to watch," she said with a grin. "My girlfriends don't quite know what to make of me lately. I've stopped going out to the pub with them."

"I'm flattered Miss Hiller, but you shouldn't give up your friends just to watch hockey," I told her. "You're a beautiful young lady who should be out enjoying herself."

"I do enjoy watching you play," she replied. "I don't like going out that much anyway; the men are juvenile, the music is too loud and the air is too smoky. I get into my pyjamas and bundle up on the couch with some snacks and a glass of wine and watch you play. It's the next best thing to having you there with me."

"It sounds boring to me," I told her. "I think we better get together when I get back from New York. I'm going there tonight and I'll be on Live with Regis and Kelly Tuesday morning and on Letterman that night."

"Really, I'll be sure to record them both," she replied. "We can't get together though, it's too dangerous."

"We live in dangerous times," I replied with a grin. "If you think you can tell me you lie around in sexy lingerie watching me play hockey and not do anything about it, you're mistaken."

"I said pyjamas," she corrected me with a smirk on her face.

"I heard lingerie and I'm picturing you in a sexy, short tank top and matching thong, sipping on a glass of wine," I told her. "I'm sure you look gorgeous with your long, bare legs stretched out on the couch. I can't wait to see you for real."

She blushed as she fiddled with her briefcase for a few seconds before looking up at me and said, "You're very tempting Mr. Stewart, but we'll have to be good for both our sakes."

"I know, thought it's good to fantasize," I said. "So, I will see you in class on Wednesday."

"Ok Mike, you have a safe trip and I'll see you Wednesday," she replied.

We went our separate ways once out the door and I made my way to the cafeteria. I worked on my new math assignments while having some chicken wings and fries. When it was time, I packed up and walked over to the philosophy class and found a seat. It looked like Nora had moved on as she was sitting with another good looking guy.

The lecture was a bit dry and it took a bit of concentration not to let my thoughts drift to other, more delectable topics. It was finally over and I checked my messages as I walked to the arena to get my SUV. There was one from Trisha.

"Mike, we had a change in plans. I'm going to head to New York now, it's just after one," she started. "I have to let my agent know and she happens to be a friend of my Mom, so I need to be in New York in case my parents want to get hold of me or even come and watch. Katie helped me get on an earlier flight and I'll be at the hotel with her when you get in. Sorry for the change but I'll see you tonight."

I continued on to the arena, as I still had to go home to pack. It seemed a bit strange why she couldn't just call home from her cell and tell her parents she was staying at the Waldorf hotel, but out right now. I was sure something was up, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what it could be.

It didn't take long to get home and throw some clothes into a suitcase and a garment bag. I gathered up my toiletries and then made sure to grab the itinerary and my passport before heading back to the arena. I got in a quick workout before getting into my gear and getting into position to watch the skaters. They were all in a group, standing around the benches listening to the head coach talk, while the other coaches stood around her. It looked pretty serious and I wondered what was up as the girls were looking very upset.

The meeting broke up and they filed past me, most of them too upset to even attempt a smile at me. Mitsy and Casey, looking just as upset, came up to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "Everyone looks really upset."

"They just told us that they're dropping the figure skating program from the athletic department at the end of the semester," Mitsy told me.

"Oh no, how could they do that?" I asked.

"They say it's not generating enough revenue to justify it anymore," Casey replied. "So we either transfer to another school to skate or join a local club using our own money."

"Luckily we won't have to sit out a year like a normal transfer, the NCAA is willing to forgo that because the program is ending here," Mitsy informed me.

"What about school?" I asked.

"The scholarships end with the end of the program, so either we get new ones from another school or we have to pay tuition," Casey responded. "I can't afford that so I have to hope another school will give me a scholarship."

"If you want to stay here, I'll help you," I said.

"And so would I," Mitsy added.

"Thanks guys, but what would we do about skating, we can't give that up?" she asked.

"Join a club if you want, but you have a bit of time to explore all your options," I replied. "Mitsy, what are you thinking of doing?"

"I'm not sure, but I think I want to stick with Casey, so like you said, we need to explore all our options," she replied. "But if we go to another school, we need to get on that quickly or their scholarships could be all awarded. Most of them probably are but they sometimes keep a few back for situations like this."

"That sounds like you better start on that right away then," I agreed. "Let me know if you need any help with anything. Just know you have options and I'll make sure you don't have to worry about the financial end of things."

They both gave me hugs and told me they would see me Wednesday and wished me luck in New York. I watched as they drudged down the tunnel and turned the corner without looking back. That really stunk and knowing Casey, she would want to be self sufficient and do it on her own.

Practise was more of the same from this morning, concentrating on defence for the most part. Frank had additional defensive non-starters getting some time with the forward lines in case someone else got hurt. We ended with a scrimmage and Fred let me go even earlier than last week. I thanked him and quickly got out of my stuff before having a shower and was on my way to the airport by twenty to six.

At the airport, I parked in the garage and made my way to the first class line to check in my bags. Just like last week, I got through quickly and carried my book bag to the security checkpoint and waited in line. After passing through the scanners with no issues, I located the gate for my flight on the nearest electronic board and then moved to the correct concourse. Ten minutes later I got in line at the small desk at the gate and showed them my boarding pass. The man behind the counter looked me up in his computer and then sent me down the walkway to the plane.

I was guided to my seat by the prettiest of the attendants and asked for a diet coke when she offered refreshment. I relaxed and people watched as the plane filled up. I received three or four smiles from pretty women as they walked by and I returned every one of them.

A guy in a fancy suit stopped and said, "Hi, I think you're in my seat."

"My boarding pass says 3B, which is the aisle seat," I replied. "Yours?"

"Shit, I'm 3A, be a pal and slip over will you, my legs can't fit in there," he asked.

"Sorry, mine are longer than yours, so maybe someone else can change with you," I suggested.

He looked around the small first class area and went to a couple of the people in the aisles to see if they would change with him. Apparently someone did from behind me as I heard him thanking someone profusely.

"Hi, I'm your new seatmate," a female voice said.

I looked up to see a cute black haired woman looking down at me with a grin.

"Hi yourself and welcome to the row," I replied, standing up with my bag to let her pass.

She put a carryon into the overhead compartment and then moved in to the window seat with a briefcase. I sat down beside her and slid my bag under the seat in front of me.

"I'm Isobel," she said, holding out her hand.

"I'm Mike, it's nice to meet you," I replied.

"Hi Mike, so are you travelling for business or pleasure?" she asked.

"I'm on business, and you?" I asked.

"Going home from a business trip," she replied.

I nodded and smiled and sat back in the seat, and watched the last few stragglers hustle in from the walkway.

"So what do you do?" Isobel asked.

I looked over and replied, "I work for an apparel manufacturer, and you?"

"I'm in finance," she replied. "I try and make well to do people richer by managing their extra money and investing in the right companies."

"And you travel to see these people?" I asked.

"Not usually," she replied. "I do however travel to companies and rate them on how good an investment they are for my clients."

"It sounds interesting and challenging," I commented.

"I think so, and I guess that's what counts the most," she agreed. "I've been at it for three years now and I've grown my client base from a dozen to seventy five people, and starting from an investment lump sum of two million, I've grown it up to forty five million."

"Sounds like you're good at you job then," I said.

"I'm always learning something new, but I like to think I'm better than the average bear," she said with a grin.

We got to talking more about what she did, and I got to thinking I should be doing something with the money I had sitting in the bank. She told me that she needed clients to provide her with at least one hundred thousand dollars and her biggest clients had half a million with her now.

The attendants came around with dinner and we stopped talking about it for a while. After dinner, I finished my algebra assignment and started on my calculus one.

"I thought you worked for an apparel manufacturer?" she asked. "What's with the homework?"

"I also go to college," I said. "I multi-task better than the average bear as well."

She laughed and said, "What are you taking besides math?"

"Computer science," I told her.

"That's a tough major," she remarked. "What else do you do besides school and work?"

"That's not enough?" I asked with a grin.

"Handling two things isn't multi-tasking," she replied.

"I play hockey for the university team," I admitted.

"Ok, that's enough to be considered good at multi-tasking, if you're doing well at all of them," she said.

"Well enough I think," I admitted.

"Good for you, I like to see people working hard and making something of themselves," she said. "Here's my card, give me a call when you're ready to invest and we'll make sure that hard work pays off."

I took the card and asked, "Do you work with Canadians with Canadian money and keep it out of the U.S.? I'm on a student Visa so I can't make any money while I'm here."

"We have Canadian branches in Toronto and Vancouver that I can refer you to," she replied. "Are you telling me you have enough money to invest already?"

"I might, but I would have to see additional information to confirm your rate of returns and any losses that you've had," I told her. "How old are you?"

"Twenty four, but that shouldn't be a factor in your decision, I've out performed everybody in the main office and my experience outweighs my youth," she said quickly.

"Well, I was thinking you might be too old for me but I like your enthusiasm, Isobel," I told her with a grin.

"What are you, twenty, twenty one?" she asked.

"Eighteen actually," I replied. "So you can see that six years is a big difference between us."

"I'd be investing for you, not going out with you," she said, exasperated. "Besides, I have a boyfriend already."

"Damn, that was cruel," I said, holding my heart. "You better make sure that the person you hook me up with in Toronto is just as beautiful and young as you are, on top of being just as good an investor."

"Just a word of advice, you don't want to get your investor mad at you or you'll find yourself losing money real quick," she advised. "Perhaps mixing personal life with your financial one isn't such a good idea."

"You know, you have a point there Isobel," I said with a laugh. "And I'm sure to piss off just about every woman that deals with me sometime. Ok, find me the best investor in your Toronto office and I'll highly consider investing if you oversee it and get the credit for it."

"You have the money right, this isn't your idea of a joke, is it?" she asked, looking serious.

"I have the money, but I'm going to start low with just with a hundred thou to start," I told her. "If things go well, I'll put more into your fund."

"Ok, I'll need some information from you and then I'll get in touch with the Toronto office and find out who would be best to handle you," she said.

I wrote my information, including address, email and phone, on a piece of paper and handed it over.

"I'll be in New York just for the day tomorrow, so leave a message on my cell if you need to get a hold of me," I said. "If you can send any information to my email address I can review it during my downtime tomorrow."

"Ok, I'll get on it first thing," she said. "Do you have time to meet for lunch tomorrow?"

"Not sure, I'll call you by eleven if I do," I told her.

"Our office is downtown, near Wall Street," she told me.

"I'm at the Wardorf Astoria hotel and around that area all day," I said. "Don't plan on anything though, I'm pretty busy and will be meeting a few people."

"It's ok, just call if you get free," she said as we packed up for the landing.

We landed about ten minutes later and I followed her to the baggage claim area and waited for our bags. She was right in there grabbing her bags so I concentrated on mine. Once we had our bags I walked over to a guy holding a sign with my name on it.

"Hi, I'm Mike," I told him.

"Hello Mr. Stewart, I'm Roger and I have the car waiting outside," he said.

"Isobel, can we drop you off somewhere?" I asked.

"I'm going in a different direction Mike, thanks anyway," she said. "I'll be in touch tomorrow and call me if you get some free time."

"Ok, have a good night," I told her and she headed to a taxi stand while I put my bags in the truck of a small limo.

I got in the back and grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and watched the city go by. Roger wasn't very talkative which was fine by me. We pulled up to the front entrance and a bellhop came to help with the bags. He led me slowly through the front lobby to the desk as I admired the elegant decor. There wasn't a line-up so I approached the clerk who looked up and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Mike Stewart, I'm checking in for one night," I said.

"Hi Mr. Stewart, I'll need to see some ID please," she replied as she typed my name into the computer.

I showed her my passport and she looked at it and then at me for a second and then said, "Thank you Mr. Stewart. We have you in an executive suite on the twenty eighth floor. I have a note to let Miss Dunn know when you've arrived so I will do that now. Here is your key card, and Jarrod will lead you to your room."

"Thanks," I said, before turning to follow Jarrod.

He hopped into an open elevator and I stepped in beside him.

"So first time here?" he asked.

"You can tell?" I asked him.

"The new guests look around a bit more in awe than the regulars," he explained.

"It is a beautiful hotel," I remarked.

"The best in New York, maybe the country," he replied proudly. "Wait until you see your room and the view."

We finally reached the twenty eighth floor and he led me to the 2815 suite and used my card to open the door. He walked in and placed the suitcase on the provided holder in the bedroom and hung up the garment bag in the closet. He quickly explained the TV and asked if there was anything he could get me.

"No, I'm fine," I told him and pulled out my wallet and grabbed a twenty. "Thanks for your help."

"Thank you sir and enjoy your stay," he responded as he handed me my card.

I locked up behind him and flopped down on the bed.

About ten minutes later there was a knock on the door and I got up to go answer it. I opened it to find Katie and Trisha standing there with smiles on their faces.

"Hello ladies, don't you look in good moods," I said, moving to the side. "Come on in."

They walked by as they said hi.

"Like the suite?" Katie asked.

"Yeah, it's very elegant," I said. "You know you don't need to pamper me like this, a simple room with a queen bed is fine for me. The rest of it is wasted on me."

"Don't worry about it, it's in the contract so just enjoy it," she replied as we sat on some fancy couches.

"So Trish, are your parents happy for you?" I asked.

"I think my mom is, but my dad isn't happy about me being in the CK ads," she said with a grin. "He still thinks of me as his little girl."

"If only he knew," Katie said, giving Trish a hug.

"Aw, isn't that cute," I said. "You two have certainly hit it off quickly."

They had the courtesy to blush and Katie said quickly, "I didn't think you would mind if we got to know each other better, Michael."

"I still want to be with you tonight Mike," Trish said right after. "You did tell me to get to know her better so I wouldn't be lonely."

"I didn't think you would get lonely in five hours," I said dryly. "Look, I'm not jealous or anything, we're not a couple and I don't think anything is wrong with the two of you getting together."

"You look a bit angry though," she remarked. "I'm sorry if we upset you, I should have checked with you first."

"It's ok, it's been a long day," I told her. "I'm not upset, I have no right to be upset about you two getting together. I'm happy for you, really."

They both looked at me and then at each other. It was quiet for a bit and then Katie spoke up.

"Ok, we have to be at their studios by seven for a nine o'clock show start," she informed me. "How about we meet at six am for breakfast and then take a taxi over to their studio?"

"That's fine with me," I replied.

They looked at one another and were quiet for a bit.

"Ok, what else is on your mind?" I asked. "You two look nervous."

Trisha sighed and looked at Katie for a second and then spoke up, "I haven't been totally forthcoming with you Mike."

"On what exactly haven't you been forthcoming?" I asked warily.

"My last name isn't Smith," she replied.

"Ok, that's not so bad, here I thought you were going to say you were younger than eighteen, an escaped convict or something worse," I said with a grin. "So what's your real last name?"

"It's Hanks," she said.

"Ok, it's nice to meet you officially, Trisha Hanks," I told her. "Why didn't you say that in the first place?"

"I wanted to get this on my own, not with my name," she said.

"Hanks isn't a real popular name, why would I think that your name should get you the job?" I asked. "The only Hanks know that's popular is Tom Hanks the actor and you don't look anything like him, thank God."

"I take after my mom," she said quietly.

I looked at her in shock.

"I'm sorry Mike, I didn't want you to treat me any differently than any other model; I wanted to win this by my looks and personality, not because I have famous parents," she said.

"I applaud you for that, but the job is one thing, the personal stuff is something different," I said. "I had a right to know who I was sleeping with before it happened."

"Do you mean you wouldn't have slept with me if you knew?" she said surprised.

"Probably not right away," I answered. "We shouldn't have done it so quickly, no matter whom you were, but I would have wanted to get to know you better and be more up front about things before getting involved."

"We can still play it that way Mike, I can introduce you to my parents and we can act as if we just met and do the whole dating thing," she said, grabbing my hand.

"Maybe, but I have the feeling I won't be too welcome in the Hank's house because of the modeling you're going to be doing with me," I said. "And you're parents are pretty powerful people that could not only stop you from modeling but also come after me as well. Katie, how long have you known and what do you think?"

"She told me this morning as I had to arrange her flight," Katie replied. "CK has no problem with her, far from it. But I'm sure they would agree not to use her if Mr. Hanks put up too much of a fuss. I don't think they would agree to stop using you, no matter what he tried."

"I'm surprised your parents are even letting you go on the show in the morning if they're against it," I said.

"They tried to stop me from going on but I told them it was too important to my career," Trisha said.

"Well, let's handle one thing at a time," I stated. "You and your parents figure out the modeling and if there's a future in that first; only then we'll discuss our relationship. Because if you're going back to LA permanently, I know I won't be welcome at your house."

"I guess you're right," Trisha said. "I'm sorry for deceiving you, I only wanted something normal."

"I know, but starting anything with a lie isn't normal either," I said.

"Ok, it's getting late, why don't we call it a night and meet up in the morning downstairs?" Katie asked.

"Ok, you two have a good sleep and I'll see you at six," I said, standing up.

"Can't I spend one more night with you Mike?" Trisha asked.

"How about you two have some fun, I'm pretty tired," I told them.

"Ok, but please don't give up on me, I really like you and I think you like me too," she responded. "I'm not trying to pull anything with you, I promise."

"Let's see how things go," I replied. "Now, go get your beauty sleep, you have to look rested and happy tomorrow."

"Good night Mike, sleep well," Katie said.

"Good night Mike, have a good sleep," Trisha added.

"Good night ladies," I responded as I let them out of the room. I made sure they were ok until they got on the elevator and then shut the door.

I brushed my teeth and hit the hay, setting the alarm for four thirty to get in a workout. I was asleep five minutes after my head hit the pillow.

I banged on the alarm Tuesday morning and groaned as I got up in a strange bedroom. After wetting down my bed-head hair, I got into some sweats and took the elevator down to find the exercise room. I stretched for a bit and then rode an elliptical before using the weight machines they had available. When I was finished, I went back up and had a shower and shave before putting on some good casual clothes.

I headed back down to the lobby and looked in the three restaurants for the girls. They weren't down yet apparently, so I stood where I could see the elevators and the restaurants. A few minutes later the two of them came out of an elevator and walked towards me with smiles.

"Morning Mike, did you have a good sleep?" Katie asked.

"It wasn't too bad, how about you two?" I replied.

"We had a good night, right Trish?" Katie said.

"It was a very good night," Trisha answered. "You should have joined us Mike."

"Maybe next time," I replied with a grin. "Now how about some breakfast, I'm a growing boy, you know."

"We would have had you growing last night!" Trish said with a grin. "Right Katie?"

"Yes, I think we would have," Katie agreed.

I shook my head and led them to the restaurant with the most casual décor and we were soon seated at a window table. The girls had coffee and I ordered an apple juice. After looking at the menu, we ordered breakfast, the girls going with a fruit and muffin plate while I went with eggs and bacon.

"So, you two ready for this morning?" Katie asked.

"I'm ready," Trish said. "I've been waiting for this for almost a year."

"I just want to get this over actually," I said.

"That's not a good attitude Mike, you have to be cheery and happy on TV," Katie said.

"Don't worry, I'll be my normal happy self on camera," I assured her. "Besides, they'll be looking at this beauty beside me."

"True, but the women will be looking at you," she replied.

"I'll make sure to be in a great mood," promised.

The food arrived soon after and we ate quickly. After breakfast was over, we went back up and packed our stuff. We were checking out before we went to the show, with Trish not sure if she was sticking in New York or going back home to LA.

We took a taxi over to Lincoln square after we checked out and Katie guided us to the appropriate backstage area when we arrived. We were split up and worked on by their professionals. Katie and their wardrobe lady picked out my attire for the show and then we met up with Trisha in the green room.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.