The Destroyers, Book 3: Civil War
Chapter 31: Unauthorized Mission

Copyright© 2009 by Monbade

Fold Space, the USS HOPE

Sammy grunted as she landed on her back. Rolling over, she scrambled to her feet as Kevin came in low, the knife blade held along his right forearm. His arm came in, and her arm came up with her blade. They clanged together as the palm of her hand slammed into his chest, and Kevin flew back from her.

"Got yeah!" Sammy said as she turned and kicked with her left foot. She felt her foot being grabbed, and she went flying as Kevin spun her around, and she hit the mat hard.

"Love, I have told you before. Fight! Don't talk," Kevin said as he stepped back.

Sammy smacked the ground in anger, and stood up. Before she could make a move towards Kevin, she felt her stomach heave. She turned and ran for the bathroom, and threw up her breakfast.

Kevin followed her into the bathroom. Getting a cloth, he wetted it, and handed it to her after she was finished.

"Thanks, love," Sammy said as she wiped her mouth.

"You're welcome, and no more training. I'm putting a stop to all training for you," Kevin ordered.

"No! I have to train, the mission... " Sammy said as she dropped the towel.

"You're not endangering my ... I mean our child... " Kevin stopped and set his hands on her shoulder as he continue, "Sammy, I love you with all my heart ... no ... all my soul. You need to think of our child as well as the mission. And me tossing you around on the training mat cannot be good for our baby..."

"Kevin, the nanobots..."

"I know, the bots are fixing everything wrong with them, but for me, just cut back. We don't know all that much about the nanobots. Yes, the old Federation used them all the time. But for us humans, they are new," Kevin said with concern in his voice.

Sammy stood there looking into Kevin's eyes and slowly nodded her head as she replied, "Ok, for you and the baby, I will stop. But you'd better watch out when I start getting frustrated, and have no way to work it out of my system."

"That is not a problem, I have it all worked out," Kevin said and led her into the other room he had set up.

The room was divided into two parts. One was a gun range. The other had four heavy training bags hanging from the roof.

"How's this?" Kevin asked as he reached over and picked up a pair of boxing gloves. Turning he handed them to Sammy, and said, "Each bag will act like a human when you hit them. They will fall back if you hit them with a combination of hits.

Sammy looked at the gloves and then the bags. She started grinning, that turned to laughter as she took the gloves. Pulling them on, she held her hands out to her husband who quickly tied them. The bags were tied in a diamond formation, and she looked at the four bags, and then she snapped into motion. Her right leg came up and the heel of her foot hit the right bag as her fists flashed, and she punched the bag in front of her twice. Turning she snapped kicked the one behind her sending it back on its rollers as she jumped up into the air and twisted in midair. Her left foot slammed into what would be the head location on the left bag, and it flew back and the bag lit up as it registered a knock out hit.

Kevin leaned against the wall and watched his wife practice. Her speed was awesome. She was faster now, than when they had been in basic training to become NAT team members. She was so fast, it scared him, because it seemed unreal ... so unnatural. Ten minutes later, Sammy was still going at it. Sweat was running down her body in small rivers as she pounded the bags.

Going to the replicator, Kevin said, "Bottle of water."

The replicator came on, hummed for a second and a sports bottle filled with water appeared. Grabbing the bottle, Kevin walked over to Sammy and handed it to her. "Here drink. Before you dehydrate yourself," he ordered as he slapped the water into her hand, as soon as she pulled the glove off.

"Thanks."

"Welcome," Kevin replied and kissed her. "Feeling better?" he asked with concern.

"Yes, I am," Sammy replied as she kissed her husband.

Pulling the gloves back on, she went back to the bags and started beating the hell out of them. Twenty minutes later, one of the bags split under her powerful kicks and exploded into confetti as its stuffing flew everywhere.

Sammy looked at the mess and then walked to the door as she said to her husband, "Fix it. I will be back in an hour."

Going down the hall she passed several crewmembers working, and then saw two of them walking towards her talking.

With a snarl, she snapped out, "DON'T YOU TWO HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO THEN GOSSIP?"

Sergeant Ricardo Billings came to attention and saluted his superior officer and said, "Ma'am, we were discussing strategy. That's all, Ma'am."

Sammy leaned in and looked into Ricardo's eyes, then flashed down to Private Susan Hollow. Her gaze locked with each crewmember, and then she replied, "Then I suggest you go and PRATICE IT AND STOP USING THE PASSAGEWAY AS A LECTURE HALL. GOT ME?"

"MA'AM, YES MA'AM!" they said together and saluted.

Sammy nodded her head and walked away from her two NAT team members. Going into her room, she stripped and walked to the shower.


"What the fuck is her problem?" Susan asked as they started walking again.

"No idea, but I wish Kevin would fuck her, so she will get rid of the attitude. Come on, I will show you how the knife attack works," Ricardo said as he led his lover into the training room.


Sammy stood under the shower, the water cascading over her shoulders and down her back. Pain shot through her head, and she collapsed to the floor and she passed out. While she lay there, she dreamed.

Sammy groaned and stood up, she was in a darkened room except for a light surrounding her by three feet on each side her. She was naked and a little cool, so she rubbed her hands as she stood there. Finally, she said, "Hello?"

Pain shot through her head, and she heard a strange voice.

'Sammy, take me home. Take me home to my creators. Let me teach them what they have not learned from our message probes. Let me tell them what we have done in their name and glory. The worlds we have taken and the enemies we have destroyed for them. We have become powerful. The army is ready, but we must be summoned home, so we can win the war for them.'

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.