Drawn Apart - Cover

Drawn Apart

Copyright© 2009 by Jay Cantrell

Chapter 8

Tara did not go quietly into that good night — or good morning. Julie told her that if she wanted a ride to the airport or the train station Julie would call her a cab or I would drive her.

"Does the train even run on Sundays?" Tara asked Julie. Julie, in turn, looked at me.

"How would I know?" I asked. "Do I look like I work for Amtrak?"

Julie stuck her tongue out.

"You seem to know about so many arcane things, I suspected you might know this, too," she said with a grin.

I gave her a searching look.

"OK, I'm a fountain of worthless knowledge," I said. "I confess."

Julie didn't defer.

"For instance, Tara," Julie said. "Are you familiar with the 96-hour commit? David knew. And, of course, he told me. So the whole time you were telling me about how concerned the doctors were for your welfare and safety, I knew it for what it was: a lie."

Tara looked stricken.

"I know you wanted me to believe they truly thought you would try again," she continued. "And perhaps you will some day. But I hope you have a better understanding of why I have treated you as I have."

Tara didn't look much happier but she rebounded.

"So what?" she said. "I told you I'd do whatever I have to to keep you. That hasn't changed."

I eyed my visitor strangely.

"So long as you get what you want, you're willing to base it on lies and deceit?" I asked. "That seems like a recipe for disaster."

"What's it to you?" she asked hotly. "I somehow doubt you're very worried about my well-being."

I pursed my lips and nodded.

"That would be a fact," I said. "And yet, I allowed you to sleep here last night instead of beneath a bridge. I have fed you breakfast instead of tossing you out."

"That's because you're a pussy," Tara spat. "You won't fight for her. You didn't fight for her last time and you won't fight for her this time. You're a pussy."

"Perhaps," I started before Julie leaped to her feet.

"You mistake kindness for weakness," she said loudly. "I did that once, too. Trust me, I know he's not weak. And you better damned well bet that I'm not. You've done the same thing with me. You've mistaken my compassion for something it's not. He might be too nice to fight but I'm not. I'll fight for him with you or with Danni or with anyone else. You better believe that for a fact, bitch."

Tara sat back as if slapped.

"David, would you excuse us for just a moment?" Julie asked. "I am about to physically eject this piece of lying trash from our house. I know you would probably try to stop me and I'd rather that you didn't."

I shook my head sadly.

"Julie, Tara, is this really how you want it to end?" I asked. "Do you really want to think back about this portion of your life and have this be the final chapter? If you do, I'll leave you to your business. But if you don't..."

"This isn't the final chapter," Tara said. "She'll be back. I know it and you know it. Don't you, David. You know you'll never be able to satisfy her like I do."

I really hadn't considered that. I guess I got a thoughtful look on my face because Julie patted my hand.

"Oh, he's a much better lover than you," she said. "He's not selfish. He makes sure that I enjoy every minute of it. And guess what, girl. He's far more talented with his tongue than you'll ever be. He's not just interested in getting off. He isn't just a functionary."

Tara smirked.

"Please, no one did you like I did," she said. I was getting a little more information that I wanted.

"No," Julie said. "Thankfully. I always hoped you'd get better at it. But you're too selfish to put anyone else's needs before your own. Believe me, when David and I go to bed, it's not a 10-minute exercise. When I first got back here, we made love 8 times in 24 hours. Eight times, Tara. That's three weeks of my time with you. I must have cum a hundred times in those 24 hours. I was so sore and dehydrated the next day I could barely move. A hundred times, Tara. I wished I would have counted. I haven't cum a hundred times with you in three years.

"So, don't you worry that I'll be coming back to you for any of what you call sex."

The smirk fell from Tara's face but I could tell she was poised to say something else.

"Look," I said. "I'll be honest. I don't give a fuck where you go. Train, bus, plane, hitchhike. But Julie has made it clear she doesn't want you here any longer. So you need to collect whatever you brought and hit the bricks."

"Fuck you," Tara hissed. "I'll leave when Julie tells me to." Julie started to say something but I interrupted.

"Julie might have led you to believe that this is her home," I said. "She was incorrect in that interpretation. You'll leave now. I really have no qualms about tossing you. The only reason that I didn't do it last night was because of my consideration for Julie.

"Tara, I knew what you were from the moment she told me about you. Now, you have two minutes to grab what you brought and leave."

I got my wallet and dropped $3 on the table.

"There's your beer money," I said. "Now, off your ass and on your feet. You're down to a minute and a half."

Julie had no expression on her face.

"One minute," I announced and Tara headed back to the bedroom. I supposed it was to put on some pants.

"Thank you, David," Julie said.

"Don't thank me," I said harshly. "You got what you wanted. I got to be the bad guy. You got your licks in — no pun intended — but I got to be the one to toss her out. It's what you wanted me to do from the beginning. But I was tired of listening to her shit."

Tara came back in the living room to see Julie with tears in her eyes.

"Don't worry, babe," Tara said. "I'll always be there for you."

Julie took her by her arm and led her to the door.

"Which one of you is giving me a ride?" Tara asked.

Julie opened the door and pushed her through.

"Neither of us."

The door closed in Tara's face.


The dual mysteries of why everyone was so interested in my work e-mail solved itself Monday morning. Well, actually I knew what to expect after Julie and I talked on Sunday after Tara's rude expulsion from the house.

I relented and drove the poor girl to the bus station and even spotted her the money for a ticket back to L.A. Julie told me that I shouldn't but I thought it was for the best.

I also didn't want her to wind up camped out at my house that night.

When I returned — and after I introduced Julie to nekkid — she mentioned that there might be a couple of e-mails sent to my work account from hers.

"Just delete them, David," she told me urgently.

Naturally, my curiosity was piqued.

"Let me guess," I said. "After I spoke to you a few weeks ago you were pissed off at me and unloaded in an e-mail. It's OK. I'm sure I can almost guess what you said."

"David, it's worse," Julie said somewhat sheepishly.

Now my curiosity was raging.

"Tara got on my computer and sent pictures to you," she said. "Rather explicit pictures. I didn't realize it until I got back here and set up my laptop. I was checking my sent folder to see if I replied to a message and there it was. I asked Bebe to delete it but she couldn't get in to your account. I'm embarrassed and ashamed."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.