Job Hunt - Cover

Job Hunt

Copyright© 2009 by Dual Writer

Chapter 4

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 4 - A newly released disabled Marine looks for a job but finds trouble. He does find a future while demonstrating an ability to act under pressure. He also finds the large love of his life. There may be too much sex for some, so just skip the sex and enjoy the action. The rest of you readers, enjoy all of it.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa  

Before leaving the lunchroom, I poured two cups of coffee and took them back for Ms. White and me. On the way, Julie said, "That was something. I've never seen those girls so aggressive. You're going to be the talk of the place before five. I don't know whether it's good or bad, but you're going to have a rep real quick."

Ms. White smiled happily and accepted the cup of coffee. I told her, "I've caught up on correspondence and filing, what do you have for me until it's time for me to give breaks."

"You've done everything? I thought you had more to do before we did the time cards?"

"No ma'am, I'm done with everything pending. There's really not that much to do. I'll ask Julie, perhaps I can help her for a while."

Ms. White looked a little funny, "My regular secretary is always snowed under. Are you sure you've done everything?"

"Come on out and help me look. I think I've done everything, but I might have missed where more work is kept."

Ms. White came out to my desk, looked in the drawers and looked at the work pending file cabinet. All my in boxes were empty. My transcription files were complete and all of the weekly reports that were due Monday were done. I said, "I did everything according to the operating manual for this position."

I pulled the little flip chart out and went through each of the cards.

Ms. White said, "Julie, do you have some work that you could use some help with. Chuck is caught up on his stuff."

"Not really, Ms. White. Chuck is so quiet, we both get a lot more done than usual. I was going to offer to help him get caught up."

"He's already done all the Monday reports. The only thing he'll have to do Monday is the payroll and that doesn't take long. Come with me, Chuck," Ms. White said, "let's go see someone."

We walked through the office to the far corner where Ms. White told a secretary that she wanted to see Mr. Harkins. The lady used her phone before saying, "Go on in, Mr. Harkins can see you."

"Hi Metarie, good to see you, what can I do for you," the man said as he turned to me extending his hand. "I'm Jordan Harkins and you are?"

I said, "Chuck Johnson."

Jordan Harkins said, "Please, sit down and tell me what I can do for you."

Ms. White said, "It's what I can do for you, Jordan. I want you to get to know Mr. Johnson. He came on board Wednesday as my temp secretary. You know my girl has been out on maternity leave since last week. My department puts out a lot of paper. I dictate a couple of dozen letters a day and I know I push out fifty or so pieces paper a day to be filed. In the short time he's been here, Chuck has learned the counter to give breaks, plus he has totally caught up on my dictation, all the filing, and all of the reports due out from my department through Monday. My office has never been this caught up. I've already stepped Mr. Johnson, but we need to find him a job with more responsibility, Jordan. Chuck is doing far more than could be expected."

"I see, Metarie. Um, perhaps you could talk to some of the other department managers and your man could assist their secretaries and catch them up."

"Yes sir," Ms. White said. "I can do that but I think we might wish to use Mr. Johnson for some of the outside positions that are open."

"Does he meet the qualifications?" Jordan asked.

"That's the problem. All of those positions require a degree and Mr. Johnson has not attended college. He was recently released from the military because of an injury. I think we should find him a demanding position and waive the degree requirement. You can do that, Jordan."

"Oh Metarie, you're always bending some rules for one of your people." Jordan folded his fingers together on his desk and said, "I have an investigator position that reports directly to me that I haven't been able to fill. You know it is a delicate job that has to be handled discreetly, but is necessary some times. Do you think he could fulfill that position?"

"Easily, Jordan. If you want, I'll spend the rest of the day briefing him on the job. He could begin with some of your backlogged small investigations to learn the way."

Jordan turned to me, "Chuck, this position I'm talking about is to investigate hiring practices of some medium-sized companies that may discriminate by sex, race, or disability. You would quietly interview their HR people, gain their confidence, and report your findings. The important thing to do is to fully report your interview so you can follow up often with those companies that you might perceive having some prejudice. You will also make sure some of our large companies are completing the proper federal forms and reports required. This can be a very sensitive position and you will be reporting directly to me, with copies to Ms. White. She maintains your reports personally and they do not go through her secretary. You will be a busy man as we are over six months behind on what we are doing. You will be provided an agency vehicle during the day, and if you have to travel, you will be reimbursed of course."

He paused for a second looking at me and asked, "What do you think?"

"Sounds interesting. Will I still be a temporary employee?"

Ms. White was shaking her head no, but Jordan said, "Yes, you will for at least sixty days. That will give me time to evaluate your performance."

I had to ask, "If I am still a temporary, that means I can still look for employment? I mean this will give me an opportunity to do some job shopping, if I'm correct."

Jordan huffed a little, "Well, ah, you would be employed by us during this time. You should be giving a hundred percent effort and not job shopping if I put you in a position like that."

"But sir, if I'm but a temporary employee, paid like a temporary employee, with no guarantee of a possible future here, wouldn't I be dumb not to look for a permanent position somewhere?"

The man leaned back in his chair then said, "Mr. Johnson, if you will excuse us, I'd like to speak to Metarie for a few minutes."

Ms. White said, "Go back to the department and perhaps assist Julie. You'll be relieving for breaks in a few minutes anyway."

I left and since it was really time to be on the counter, I passed by Julie and told her I was on the way for relief. She came with me, as she relieved four people as well.

I saw some of the fabulous five down in that area. The five girls came to mind and I automatically began thinking of them in a happy way as the fab five. They were pretty funny and obviously fed off each other when they were in a group, one trying to be more outrageous than the other.

When the breaks were over, Julie took me to the break room. "You're supposed to take your break when you finish with the counter. I noticed you haven't been taking a break lately. That's an extra half hour a day you're using to get work done. That's why you're so far ahead."

Back in the department, Ms. White called me into her office. "Close the door and have a seat, Chuck."

She leaned over her desk and said, "What you just witnessed is what you would be investigating. You just witnessed discrimination. Jordan wants a man of color to have that position, but we haven't found one to fill the spot yet. He felt he could put you in the position temporarily, then let you go when he found another man to his liking. I've just finished telling Jordan exactly what I'm telling you, so it's no secret that I'm letting you know. Now he's embarrassed that he's been so obvious about his prejudice. I've already heard how you interacted with Tiani and Nancy and are going out this evening with the group of them. I'm proud to know you, Chuck, you are a gentleman, and you are not prejudiced. You would make an excellent investigator and should be paid the normal salary and not temp wages."

"Because of Jordan's prejudice, I don't want you to work for him. He's agreed to let you have the military human resources job and waive the degree requirement. That might be a better place for you anyway. The job pays decent too. Remember this is a federal job with federal benefits. One, you get a clothing allowance as you are to dress impeccably to impress prospective employers as well as the ex-military people you will assisting. Two, you will be given a per diem for meals, and expenses for prospective employers as well as the people you will be finding jobs for. Three, you will be issued a cell phone, for work only, so you can be reached while you are in the field. That's how the lady who was working here scammed everyone. And fourth, probably the most important to you right now, your annual starting salary is $45,700, about $3,800 a month. Do a good job and you can go way up from there."

She looked me right in the eye and asked, "Would you work for me in that position?"

The thought of how important a job it was going to be had my head spinning. "Thank you for the confidence in me, ma'am. There's no way I can turn down a job like that. Ah, I think I'll need a lot of your help for a while to figure out how to do a good job."

"You would have that anyway, Chuck. That is one of our more important positions, considering all of the men and women coming out of the service right now. If the new president cuts the defense budget very much, there could be a lot of men looking for work. The neat thing is that you can work with all of the other advocates, in all of our offices nationwide, to find available positions for them. You should be a perfect match for the job considering your history."

"I want to work for you, Ms. White. Teach me and I'll make you proud."

She sat back in her chair smiling and said, "I'll teach you, but you'll have to call me Metarie. You and I will be a lot less formal now that you are in this new position."

Metarie leaned forward and began typing into her computer. When she finished, she smiled at me, "You are now an official employee of the USA, with all of the benefits that go with it. In ninety days you will be offered health insurance, but you already have federal benefits for that. Ours may be easier to use, you'll have to choose. Also now that you are a federal employee, you will be eligible for any other federal position you may be qualified for. I do suggest that you begin night classes or some form of degree course. You will progress faster within the agency and any other government office if you were to do that."

It was as if another big weight was off me. This was more money than I really was going to need, but it was enough that if I wanted, I could find a better place to live. Right now I should just save some money and that felt good.

As some paper spit out from her printer, she pulled the sheets to her to read, Metarie said, "Okay, here is your first six months clothing allowance, and two weeks per diem. Any extra you have to spend on others, please document everything, and be sure to get receipts so you can be reimbursed. You'll have a credit card soon, but this should hold you for now. Go out to the cashier and present this to her. She'll give you cash or a check or some of each, however you want. Now, since you are a salaried employee, get the hell out of here, get your money and run. Go home and enjoy your weekend."

"I'm going to need some help buying the right kind of clothes. I'm not very fashion conscious and I haven't bought lots of clothes for dress. I've been a uniform guy with just jeans as my casual dress."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.