Princess Nora - Cover

Princess Nora

Copyright© 2009 by ShannonQ

Chapter 3: Diplomacy

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3: Diplomacy - Everyone is frightened of the King. Everyone except his equally head strong daughter, Nora. He tries all of the Princes in the lands but she rejects them. She is in love with a commoner. Soon war comes to their land which brings a crisis to the land.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   First   Safe Sex  

Late that winter the King took ill. He became congested with fever and fell into a coma. This was not the only time this occurred. Burning fever wracked his body, chills with violent coughing attacks frightened the Queen and Princess. As before, the King's bed was carried down to the throne room to be placed in front of a huge roaring fire to keep him warm. His only food intake was broth and spiced wine. The spice being purchased by traders who came every spring and summer to sell their wares. They claimed that is contained wonderful medicinal purposes from a land far far to the east. It came from a small bulblike flower called a poppy seed. Unknown from Nora and her mother it was made for opium. It was when they used this in small amounts that William rested well.

The land was very cold with many blizzards piling up snows to where the serfs could only do the most menial of tasks in their effort to survive. To complicate the matter William was to travel this spring to Baytar on a diplomatic mission to obtain a peace treaty with King Felix and his son Felix II to secure their southern border. The only way into the kingdom other than the rugged pass to the west. It was important that this pact be solidified since Menon of Tordar was looking to expand his kingdom to the sea.

Nora nursed her father along with her ladies in waiting during the frigid nights while Debra looked after her husband during the day. The only time the Queen and Princess left his side was for morning prayers where they petitioned God fervently to spare his life and recover fully.

Under fur blankets the King sweated profusely and lost weight. His once powerful physic wilted. Queen Debra trimmed his beard every other day and lay hot cloths on his forehead. The kingdom being so small they did not have a court physician. Nora wore three of her woolen gowns plus her fur lined cloak to stay warm. Her feet froze despite long stockings and her best boots.

After prayers Diane accompanied her Princess to her chambers where Nora quickly undressed and the lady in waiting washed her clean with a hot towel then rubbed her down with a dry one. Nora still washed her hair every other day. After dressing in clean gowns, she ate a light breakfast of hot bread, a porridge like substance sweetened by honey and milk. Upon eating her fill, she climbed into her bed while Diane put a hot brick at her feet.

A month later William's fever broke but he was very weak. He couldn't believe the weight he had lost and swam in his normal clothing. He needed help to his bed chambers, to the throne room, and to the spot where he ate his meals. When time came for the King to prepare for his journey to Baytar, he was too feeble to make the trip.

Nora visited her father in privacy to volunteer to take his place at this important summit.

"You know I am capable of doing this, Father," she informed him gently due to his continuing weakness. "I have a lot of you in me."

"I think you should go in my place but I am afraid of losing you to the bandits that plague our borders."

"I won't be alone. I'll have my guard plus fifty other knights and horsemen. We can travel quickly. It's a five day trip to King Felix's castle and I will do and say whatever you wish."

"Prepare to depart within this week," he ordered. "I'll have a scribe to write down what to propose to King Felix." William's motive was to see for himself what Baytar was like and perhaps Prince Felix II could charm her in his domain where he failed to do so on his visits to Morathia.

By now the snows mostly melted leaving the roads muddy which made travel difficult. What was supposed to be a five day trip, took nine. Many times the wagons following the Princess got bogged down in the mire and had to be physically pulled out by levers and pure muscle. Each night the Princess' tent was put up with a small folding bed for Her Highness. That was the only luxury that she allowed herself. She ate what the men ate. Sir Gorman attended to her every need and she loved him even more for his dedication to her. It was still chilly in the spring but as they moved south the forests thickened and the path though it was so narrow that the wagons barely made it.

They were met at the border of Baytar by an entourage headed by Prince Felix himself. They exchanged pleasantries as he led them on the last leg of their journey. Felix and Nora rode side-by-side telling light jokes and laughing at each one the other said. Sir Gorman and his counterpart from Baytar lagged behind a short distance not saying a word as they listened to the royals converse.

Upon arriving at the castle of Baytar, Nora was impressed with the small town that surrounded it. Despite the coolness of the late day, merchants with pushcarts were selling their wares even as the sun started to set. And there were a small contingent of buyers still perusing what was left at the end of the day.

Nora and Diane were given a comfortable room in the inner part of the castle where it was surprisingly warm. She noticed that there were small vents in the floors where heat rose in their room. The Princess saw that the beds were small but comfortable with enough room to hang her gowns and vanity that was much like hers back home. She quickly changed into a clean gown after washing off and made her way to the throne room which was much larger than Morathia's.

"Ah, the beautiful Princess," King Felix greeted her with a short but gentle hug. Nora curtsied gracefully.

"My pleasure, Your Majesty."

"My son told me how beautiful you are, but words cannot describe how fair you really are."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.