Making Heroes
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2009 by aubie56

There was considerable distress in Asmia the next morning. By the time Sue and Jack had reached the business district, the merchants, particularly, were running around and lamenting that they could not leave town. There were shouts of how terrible this was for business and there would be financial ruin everywhere if the barrier was not soon lifted. Sue and Jack were slightly amused at the predictions of dire consequences, but they tried to ignore the turmoil.

The first thing they needed to do was to stop the murders, so Sue started a mental broadcast that could be heard only by magic users. "Escape outside of Asmia as quickly as you can. Your life is in danger, but you will be safe outside of the city wall. The murderers will not be able to follow you, so go now, before it is too late!" Sue set the broadcast spell to repeat every five minutes for as long as there was a magic user still within the city. Sue, Jack, and Lord Drago were to be the only exceptions to this rule.

Sue cast another spell which was a locater beacon for those magic users who were not able to escape on their own, due to injury, illness, or any other problem. An amazing number of the locater beacons started flashing, too many for one person to handle. Sue set up a special spell that Jack could use to transport invalids, one at a time, to The Unconquerable's chambers. That way, the two could split up and cover twice as much area as they could by staying together. Jack immediately set out for the nearest beacon to test the spell; meanwhile, Sue transported to the far side of town to work on cases it would take Jack too long to walk (or run) to.

Jack came upon a family of magic users huddled together as some soldiers were pounding on their door to break it down. It only took Jack a few moments to eliminate the soldiers and confront the cowering family. Their use of magic was trivial, but Lord Drago didn't let that stop the literal interpretation of his instructions. The family were potters and used magic to finish the surface of their wares to an especially pleasing color and glow. These people could not possibly be any danger to Lord Drago, but that was beside the point, as far as he was concerned.

Jack told them what was about to happen. He transported them one-by-one, beginning with the father, to The Unconquerable's chamber where they would be safe while Jack and Sue took care of things in Asmia. The children were absolutely fascinated by The Unconquerable and vice versa, so the first transfer was a resounding success.

Sue, on the other hand, was faced with a different situation. A minor wizard was immersed in casting a complicated and difficult spell which was intended to favorably affect the weather. He was attempting to direct some rain onto a farm area which had been suffering a drought. The problem was that interruption of the spell in mid-casting would result in a storm which could well ravage dozens of farms. Therefore, he could not quit his work to run away, but he was immediately threatened by many soldiers who were wearing charms protecting them from most magic.

The sergeant did have the good sense to halt while the wizard was in the midst of casting his spell, but the sergeant had his men poised to pounce once the wizard had finished. Sue's magic that she had readily to hand was inadequate to overcome the charms the soldiers wore. These charms were the work of Lord Drago, himself, so they were much more powerful and comprehensive than the usual charm concocted by the average wizard or sorceress. She didn't have time to work up a new spell in conjunction with Hat, so she had to depend more on her native wits.

All she needed to do was to slow the soldiers down a bit, since the wizard could escape on his own once the spell was finished. He needed about 30 seconds to recover from the exertions of spell casting before transporting himself to safety. Therefore, a simple distraction was all that was needed to do the job. The charms the soldiers were wearing were designed to protect them from harm, but nothing was said about protecting them from pleasure. Sue cast a spell which would give the illusion of sweet cupcakes flying through the air toward the soldiers. Their instinct would be to duck and dodge the barrage of desserts, thus delaying them for the time the wizard needed to escape. She put a timer on the spell to trigger it the moment the wizard completed his current spell and to run for one minute before dissipating with a shower of milk. This spell would not harm the soldiers and trigger their protective charms, but it certainly should delay them for the necessary few seconds.

Confident that her spell would work, Sue transported to her next magic user in need. This was a sorceress standing, nude, in a large vat. She was hip-deep in skunk cabbage! She had been in the midst of casting a spell to repair the inside surface of the vat in preparation for the manufacture of a batch of sauerkraut. Sue's mental broadcast had startled her and caused her to misstate some words in her spell. This mistake had caused her clothes to disappear and be replaced by an especially ripe batch of skunk cabbage! The woman still had not recovered her sensibilities and some soldiers were on the way to deal with her, so time was of the essence.

Sue removed the skunk cabbage and dropped it onto the advancing soldiers. This disconcerted them enough to give Sue several minutes of working time. She whisked away the unpleasant odor of the skunk cabbage and clothed the woman in appropriate garb. Sue transported the woman to The Unconquerable's chamber and went on to the next person in need.

Meanwhile, Jack was caught up in a tiff of his own. Whatever the soldiers were using as a method of identifying magic users, Jack had triggered it and had a squad charging at him. Jack's magical protection was adequate to protect him from the swords and spears of the soldiers, but his magic weapons were useless against that super protective charm that Lord Drago had fabricated. Unfortunately, a passive defense was not enough to help the innocent magic users who were being attacked. Therefore, Jack was forced to attack the soldiers pretty much as he would have back on Earth using his martial arts skills.

Well, actually, he was not set back that far, but he was able to grab a solder by his legs and swing him around almost like a mace. This killed the unlucky soldier pretty quickly as soon as the melee started. But Jack kept swinging his body and mowing down the other soldiers in the squad. Jack had retained his great strength, so he was well able to clear out his enemies almost in the blink of an eye.

Jack paused long enough to pick up one of the charms and drop it in his pocket. He figured that Sue might want to examine it after this bit of unpleasantness was over. This act played right into Lord Drago's hands, though neither one knew it, yet. Lord Drago had put a locater phrase in his charm spell so that he would know where each charm carrier was at all times; therefore, Lord Drago was able to follow Jack's every move. Luckily, there was no individual identification assocated with the locater spell, so the charm carrier was anonymous. However, if Jack eventually was the only charm carrier who was moving around, that question became moot. At the moment, the possibilities associated with this lucky accident were lost on Lord Drago.

Sue and Jack spent the rest of the day rescuing all of the magic users they could, though, of course, many of them were lost because the heroes simply could not be everywhere at once.

That evening, the two met back at the safe house and considered what they should do the following day.

Sue said, "Now that we have done what we could for the magic users, I think that we should visit the palace and see what we can do with Lord Drago."

"I agree, but I think that we should be discrete with our first visit. We don't want to go barreling in an wind up in a fight before we know what we're facing."

"You're right about that. Let's play the part of a couple of tourists out to see the sights in the big city. We can play it by ear from there. Now, come here, Big Boy, and show me what you can do with that weapon between your legs."

Thus, Jack was distracted from telling Sue about the charm he had picked up. They were a bit tired from the busy day, so Sue confined herself to 10 orgasms and Jack settled for four. They had not forgotten how to use some of the most useful magic that they had learned!


 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.