Starting Over - Cover

Starting Over

Copyright© 2008 by Little Owl

Chapter 10: The Christmas Concert

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 10: The Christmas Concert - Can a forty-something single mother really start over when the odds are against her?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic  

Now that Thanksgiving was over, Trisha was involved in what she called the "academic-Christmas rush". As well as trying to make sure their assignments were completed on time, Greg and Peter were also involved in their school's Christmas music concert. As in years past, the band and chorus combined to put on a special holiday presentation. This year, Greg and Peter said that they were doing something special, but wouldn't divulge anything more to Trisha. The boys had invited Mark to dinner, letting him know, in not so many words, that they really wanted him to be at the concert, too.

"So," Mark asked as the foursome sat down to dinner, "what should I expect tonight? I've not been to a school concert in many years."

The boys were quick to bombard Mark with what usually happens at their concerts, being careful not to give too much away about tonight's special surprises. Between bites of dinner, the boys informed Mark that their mother had a meeting place for after the concert; there was a certain spot where they were to sit, so the boys could find Trisha easily in the audience; and there was the traditional ice cream with friends after the concert.

"What time are we leaving for the mall tomorrow, Mom?" Peter asked, after he and his brother had detailed the family's concert protocol for Mark.

"Early," Trisha responded, almost automatically. She didn't want the boys to think they could sleep in on Saturday, but she knew that, with the concert, it was going to be a late night for everyone and the boys would be tired.

"Well, then" Greg added, "you should probably spend the night, Mark. That way, you only have to get up 'early' instead of 'real early' tomorrow."

Before Mark or Trisha could respond, the boys were removing their empty dishes from the table and running to get ready for their concert. Blushing, Trisha stared down at her plate trying to finish her meal.

"Don't you think we should talk about it?" Mark began. "It's a little awkward for me, too."

"Are you sure you didn't put them up to this?" accused Trisha.

"No, I didn't," answered Mark, calmly, while moving his chair closer to Trisha's. "However, I'm not going to deny that it's crossed my mind."

"We've already talked about my feelings about being intimate around the boys."

"I'm not suggesting we have a make-out session in front of Greg and Peter, but think about it, sweet," he continued as he took Trisha's hands in his. "Since the boys brought it up, it just seems to me like they wouldn't be permanently scarred with the idea of me spending the night. They're almost in high school; I'm sure their friends talk about sex all the time!"

"That's not the point! I know they are exposed to the idea, but talking is one thing. I just don't think I'm going to be comfortable sleeping with you while the boys are in the house. How did you feel the first time you realized your parents had sex?"

"Look, they know their dad's girlfriend sleeps with him, so it's not an unknown concept to them. And, they seem to be accepting my presence without too much resistance. They've seen me hug you, and kiss you and they haven't acted out because of it. Besides," Mark pleaded, "I miss you — in my arms and in my bed."

"I know what you're saying about the boys is right," Trisha began to relent. "But, it still feels kind of funny. Can we wait until after the concert to decide?" When she looked at Mark with those big brown eyes, he couldn't deny her anything.

"Of course. I'm not trying to force you into anything you're not comfortable with; let's get ready to go."

The concert was going well. Mark was really enjoying himself and Trisha was beaming as the proud parent she was. In between the choral and band performances, some of the students had created their own short "skits" to entertain the audience. Right before the final number, the curtains on the stage closed and the spotlight shown directly on the juncture of the two large pieces of material. Suddenly, Peter's head popped into the spotlight.

"Uh, oh," he whispered into his microphone. "Hey, Greg, come here! You've got to see this!"

"What's going on?" Greg's voice sounded from off-stage.

"You're not going to believe this!" Peter replied, still with just his head popped out between the curtains, only occasionally looking behind him. "Quick! Get over here!"

With that, Greg popped his head out of the curtain, next to Peter's. With exaggerated awe on his face, Greg chanted while he shook his head, "Somebody's gonna be in trouble! And, so close to Christmas, too!"

As the audience started to chuckle in reaction, the boys stepped from behind the curtain wearing footed Christmas pajamas and music began to be piped through the sound system. As the boys began to strut along the stage, they started their version of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus." The audience went wild with the boys' interpretation of the song. The boys were animated and having fun with it, occasionally modifying some of the words. One of the substitutions heard clearly was instead of singing the phrase, "If Daddy had only seen", the boys had substituted "daddy" for "Mark"! The audience was excited with the song and the boys received a standing ovation when they were done. Everyone stood immediately, except Trisha and Mark. They were too stunned to move. They quickly recovered enough to stand and clap with the rest of the audience, however. It took a couple of minutes before everyone quieted down enough for the band and choir to conclude the concert with a combined performance of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".

Trisha and Mark waited at their meeting place for Greg and Peter to emerge from backstage.

"That was the best concert I've seen in years!" announced a familiar voice behind them trying to be heard over the loud din of parents picking up their students.

"You must be more than proud of them!" chimed in another familiar voice. As Mark and Trisha turned around, they were greeted by Phil and Margie, Mark's parents. Hugs were passed between the adults in greeting.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.