Enter Sandman - Cover

Enter Sandman

Copyright© 2008 by davidpaul

Chapter 5

I left a message for Sandman telling him it was urgent we talk. While waiting for my friend to call back I had a quiet word with Dad and asked him if Kelly called to tell her that I was staying there until Sunday.

Knowing Kelly would be at work I left a message on the answering machine at home telling her that I would be at my folks place until Sunday as dad still needed some further help with the store.

With that done I packed my car up, said goodbye and headed back to the city. Sandman still hadn't returned my call. No matter I got back to the city mid afternoon and checked into a hotel close to the city but far away enough that i wouldn't run into anyone I knew or more importantly Kelly.

Once I checked in I went into work to say hello and ask my boss if I could have another week off. He told me no problems, whilst at the bank I organised a new bank account in my name only. I then transfered half our joint savings across to my account and ensured all future pay would go to my new account. I felt a bit better as I now had walking around money and also enough for any unexpected costs that would arise.

I then went back to the hotel and tried Sandman again but no luck. I decided to go down to the bar and have a cold beer. i started talking with the bartender when my phone rang.

I excused myself and answered it was just my Dad checking I got back to the city ok. I went back and continued talking to the bartender and had a few more brews. By 2pm I decided 3 beers was enough and paid my tab and left.

I went back to my room, had a shower, changed clothes and decided to have a late lunch. Just as I left my room my phone rang again, it was Sandman.

Sandman apologised for taking so long but work came first as he had just made detective. I must say it seemed awful quick to have made detective but then again he was well trained. I asked Sandman if he was free, he laughed and said he had just finished work so we decided to meet at a local bar.

I got to the bar and found out it was the local cop hangout. We found a booth at the back and ordered a couple of beers. After our beers came I sat down and explained my concerns to my friend. I told him about Kelly and Doug, the rumours, the trips away, the apartment building, the bullshit story and Kelly's change in attention towards me.

Sandman took it all in his stride, sipped his beer and then opened his mouth.

"So left or right"

"left or right what?"

"left or right knee, I'll kneecap him for you"

I started laughing and told him I'd rather kneecap his 'middle' leg. We then got down to serious business first off I had to play it cool and keep Kelly clueless and operating as per normal. Next we needed evidence or confirmation that she was cheating with Doug. Then we would destroy Mr Douglas Peterson.

Sandman told me to leave it with him and that he knew some people and he would get back to me with the required information. Sandman had to admit he was surprised as he didn't pick Kelly as a cheat and I responded neither did I or i wouldn't have married her.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.