Interface - Cover

Interface

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 13

I got some more work done on my new suit in the morning. I missed breakfast as a result and had to go without. When I got into school I was already regretting it feeling really hungry. Vicky came in shortly after I arrived and she was very keen to talk about the old suit. As far as I was concerned it was old news but I wasn't ready yet to reveal my new and improved model.

"That was so awesome with the jumping last night. I was jazzed about it for the whole rest of the evening. I wish I'd had my camera so I could video you disappearing into the sky like that and landing with that almighty thump. It was so cool!" she gushed.

I giggled a little. It was amazing how excited my friend was about having seen my suit in action. I was proud of how it came out but I figured it was pretty crude compared to what a professional might have done.

"How was your guitar lesson?" I asked.

"So, so, I was a bit distracted. Plus, using my power earlier had made me a bit tired."

"That was really great when you did that. My dad was totally fooled."

"Yeah it wore me out though. I couldn't have managed it much longer."

I thought about my own abilities and how the more I used them the better control I had, "Maybe if you practised with it then you would be able to last longer," I suggested.

Vicky looked thoughtful, "Hmmm I'd never really thought about it before but I guess you're right. I'd just sort of ignored that ability since I didn't want people to know about my other changes and that was part and parcel of them. A bit of practice would probably make them more useful."

While Vicky was thinking on that our teacher came in and the day got under way. School work took up most of our time from then on. I did get into trouble for daydreaming a little in one class. I had been sketching a design for something for my new suit some smaller jump struts. The teacher gave me a telling off and I stuck my tongue out at her when her back was turned which made Vicky burst out laughing and nearly got the two of us in worse trouble. Come morning break we went to the library. I was keen to get as much work out the way as possible and it was a safe haven from Tara.

Some more lessons then it was lunch time. I was absolutely ravenous by this point and had seconds of everything. Colin was looking better his face was a little bruised but some of the swelling from the other day had gone down. When we left to go to the library Tara and Co. were waiting for us. There was a bit of a scuffle and we got pushed around a bit but nothing too bad. A teacher came and they ran off before they could really get into it. Vicky had gotten pushed to the floor so I helped her up putting my arm around her to help her stand.

"Damn Tara. I say we find out where she lives and then you turn up in your armour suit and beat the living daylights out of her. BAM! How d'ya like me now!" Vicky said as she limped along.

"I'm not that sort of villain. I'm more the where's the money sort of villain," I said with a smile.

"I know, it'd be nice to wipe that smirk off her stupid face though."

I thought about my new suit and figured I'd do exactly that. I grinned to myself at the thought.

The three of us took a seat in the library. They hadn't done Vicky any serious damage and after a rest she was fine. I got stuck in to my homework. Vicky noticed my mad focus and got a thoughtful look on her face.

"What are you up to," she said stroking Kittybot.

"What d'ya mean?" I asked trying to act innocent.

"OK Lexi, can the Miss Innocent act. You don't like homework this much. The last time you got this focused was so you had time to build your armour suit. What gives?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.