The Perfect Solution - Cover

The Perfect Solution

Author does not hold the rights to the original characters from "The Phantom of the Opera," written by Gaston Leroux.

Chapter 27: Tread Softly, My Love

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 27: Tread Softly, My Love - "A Phantom of the Opera" FanFiction. What if Erik didn't run away from home, but stayed with his mother because she had a change of heart and was able to love him. He did not become the Devil's Child or a murderer, nor did he take refuge below the Paris Opera House. This story offers a look at what might have happened to Erik if he grew up knowing his mother's love. And, what might happen to Christine Daae if she grew up without her "Angel of Music" to comfort and guide her?

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Fan Fiction   Historical   Paranormal   First  

Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light

I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

"He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" by William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)


In stark contrast to the sublime serenity of the wedding, the ceremony's aftermath skirted dangerously along and sometimes crossed into the realm of frenzied chaos. Swept apart by the small, but forceful wave of friends and family, Christine and Erik faced a barrage of tears, kisses, hugs, laughter, slaps on the back and heartfelt wishes of congratulation. When Erik at last caught Christine's eye, he noticed the look of peaceful bliss in her eyes was gone and in its place, she wore the look of a wild animal caught in a trap.

"No! This simply will not do! I will not have her remember this night with anything other than bliss. I am her husband and she is my wife. We must take care to one another. She is a solitary being, perhaps if..."

His mind raced for a moment and his brow furrowed in thought then lifted as a plan took shape.

"Of course, all I have to do is..."

"Excuse me; may I have everyone's attention?"

Erik held out his hand to Christine and she gratefully made her way to him. She took hold of his hand, the strength of her grip surprising him with its ferocity. He almost allowed his eyes to drift closed as he felt her body press against his, her warmth melding perfectly with his own. He snapped his eyes open and focused his attention on the group of people now waiting to hear what he wanted to say.

"My wife and I thank you for sharing the happiest moment of our lives, well, thus far anyway. If you will return to the carriages, they will transport you to our home. We would like to continue our celebration there as well as offer all of you some refreshments. So, will you honor my bride and me by accepting our invitation?"

A chorus of assents assaulted their ears as the press of people swept from the vestibule, through the doors, onto the street and into the awaiting carriages.


"Would you grant me the honor of allowing me to assist your entry into the carriage, Madame Destler?"

Christine felt a thrill run through her body as the velvety smoothness of her husband's voice caressed her ears.

"His voice alone makes me tingle and burn. I cannot imagine how the combined sound of his voice and the touch of his hands upon my naked flesh will make me feel. Surely, anything that exhilarating must be sinful! If this be a sin, then I am most definitely and with great gladness going to hell!"

She stifled the giggle that threatened to burst from her, disguising it as a clearing of her throat. Erik cocked his head, awaiting her reply. She blushed and held out her hand to him.

"Oui, Monsieur Destler, I would be most honored for you to assist me."

The pair settled next to one another on the seat, one unconsciously leaning into the other. Erik fingered Christine's wedding dress.

"Madame, might I inquire as to the origin of this gown? It is magnificent! You are a stunning vision of loveliness!"

Christine's eyes searched her spouse's face with surprise and smirked.

"Madame Giry brought it to the cathedral. This is my mother's wedding gown. I must admit I was most concerned over her reaction to our nuptials, but the simple fact of her bringing me this dress, allays all of my fears. She approves and so, without any doubts or reservations, do I."

"This is your mother's dress? But it fits you so perfectly ... are you ... well, I mean to say, I did not realize that you resemble your mother that closely." He stammered.

"I do not. In looks, I favor my father. My mother was taller, her shape more voluptuous than mine. However, I am most fortunate in that I reside in an opera house that employs a staff of seamstresses. Madame brought the gown to her friend, Chloe Arneau. She is a rather talented and quick seamstress. She altered the fit of the dress, updated the bustle and train and added these seed pearls on the bodice. They are a nice touch; do you not think so, Erik?"

Her voice almost purred the question and her hand ran suggestively over her bodice. She looked into his eyes and continued.

"Why do you make me feel so wanton? I hardly know myself any longer. Your love has changed me into a brazen seductress, Erik! And, I am glad of it, and yet, at the same time, I worry for I fear my inexperience will disappoint you..."

He swiftly cut off her words.

"Ma chère, you could never disappoint me and I will confess I am just as inexperienced as you. Tonight, we will teach each other how to pleasure one another. We shall explore the joys of the flesh as one. I do love you so, ma chère."

In response to his passionate declaration, she shivered and chuckled as she felt the gooseflesh prickle the tiny hairs on her arms. He grinned and took her into his arms in an embrace made awkward only by the clothing they wore, not by the joy in their hearts. The two remained silent and blissfully entwined for the remainder of their ride home.


She stood in the shadows of the ballroom with her arms folded across her thin chest. Her normally severe features softened by the look of gentle happiness she wore. Elaine had served Erik Destler for seven years and she had never seen the man so at ease amongst a group of people. She continued her appraisal of the man who was her employer and her friend and realized she had never seen him wear such a genuine smile before now.

"This is truly a miracle. He is happy, really and truly happy. And, he is in love. I am so relieved that Madame ... Christine is such a nice young lady. Yes, this marriage is a blessed event. I am unsure why I feel as I do, but they seem to complete one another somehow."

A quiet female voice startled her from her train of thought.

"You care for him, do you not?"

She turned to the sound of the voice and looked into eyes of steely blue-gray, eyes that seemed made for coldness rather than the warmth that now suffused them.

"Yes, I do. He is as a son to me, although if you were to tell him I said this, I would deny it with my dying breath."

The two women smirked.

"I am Antoinette Giry, Christine's guardian. And, you are?"

"I am Elaine Mallery, Monsieur Destler's housekeeper. It is a pleasure to meet you. May I say that Christine is a lovely girl? You must be very proud."

"Yes," she nodded with only the slightest hint of sadness in her eyes, "I only wish that her father could have been here. He would be so pleased to know she has found such a good man."

"Her father rests with the angels? Ah, I wondered at the sadness buried deep in her eyes. That explains it. She wishes him here this night. Well, it seems that neither of them have had an easy life. Let us hope that their union will allow them to heal one another's hurts and they will have a life of true happiness."

Madame Giry lifted her chin; her eyes glistened with unshed tears of joy.

"I do believe they have a guardian angel standing watch over them now. We may, at long last set our worries free. They are our charges no longer. Our children are grown."

The two women smiled and nodded as their eyes caressed the newlyweds, their glances full of maternal love.


"Bonne nuit!"

The words rang out in a ragged chorus as the small group of well-wishers entered the carriage. Just before he entered the carriage, Phillipe turned to Erik and winked.

"Do not forget, Erik."

"I shall not forget, Phillipe. I shall never forget. Thank you!"

Christine, wrapped within the safe circle of her husband's arms, turned to him.

"And, just what is it that you shall not forget?" She arched a speculative eyebrow at him.

He smiled lovingly at her and murmured.

"Oh, ma chère, I shall show you shortly."

He returned his attention to the carriage and lifted his hand in a gesture of farewell to the conveyance that held their friends and loved ones. The driver snapped the reins and the carriage slowly began to rumble away into the night. The couple sighed in unison, startling each other. He chuckled and she blushed prettily. As the carriage vanished out of sight around a corner, Erik closed the front door. He gently pulled his wife from his side to face him.

"Hmmm ... we are alone at last."

He lowered his mouth to hers and pressed a chaste kiss to her lips then pulled back.

"Christine, are you ready to retire to our room?"

He spoke with a studied nonchalance that could not belie the true meaning of his query.

She felt a chill of apprehension run through her body at the mention of their room, but as soon as she looked up into his eyes, all fear melted as she recognized her husband mirrored her nervousness about their wedding night. She flashed what she hoped was a seductive grin.

"Yes, my husband. Please show me what it is that I am never to forget."

He laughed and suddenly whirling her about, lifted her in his arms. Then, without another word, he carried her across the foyer, up the stairs, down the hall and into his bedchamber. Without setting her down, he hooked the door with his heel and swung it closed.

The door shut with a resounding thump in the now still house.

Elaine smiled as she heard Erik's bedroom door close and after turning down the gas lamps in the foyer, she disappeared into the darkness.


With Christine safely cradled in his arms, Erik leaned back against his bedroom door. She snaked her hands up his chest, ran them over his shoulders and as she cupped the back of his head firmly in her hands, she pulled his lips to hers. Her innocent kiss quickly evolved into one of passion and soon, Erik ran his tongue along her bottom lip in an unspoken request to deepen their kiss, which Christine granted with a low moan of desire. Thrusting his tongue into her mouth, he lovingly entangled it with hers. Slowly, they explored the liquid chasms, only separating to draw breath before plunging to join their mouths once more. Erik trembled and cried out as he felt Christine gently rake her pinkie's fingernail behind the outer shell of his ear. He gazed down at her amazed at how this simple touch enflamed him.

"How did you know?" He gasped.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.