The Perfect Solution - Cover

The Perfect Solution

Author does not hold the rights to the original characters from "The Phantom of the Opera," written by Gaston Leroux.

Chapter 26: The Kiss of Consummation

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 26: The Kiss of Consummation - "A Phantom of the Opera" FanFiction. What if Erik didn't run away from home, but stayed with his mother because she had a change of heart and was able to love him. He did not become the Devil's Child or a murderer, nor did he take refuge below the Paris Opera House. This story offers a look at what might have happened to Erik if he grew up knowing his mother's love. And, what might happen to Christine Daae if she grew up without her "Angel of Music" to comfort and guide her?

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Fan Fiction   Historical   Paranormal   First  

Lo! Thou hast granted us for Thee a name,
but never, Lord, shall there be a name for this
the storm and sacrament of love's abyss;
nor shall the mind conceive nor man's tongue frame
nor Music in her farthest flight proclaim
the tale of that intolerable bliss
when breathless lips meet in the final kiss,
and mouth on mouth melts to incarnate flame.

When, lest the astounding racks of bliss destroy
the body with its ecstasy alive, —
the maddened flesh grown infinite with joy,
peace sends her Lethe to the reeling brain,
ere the inexorable flame revive
and Love that slew sound trumpets o'er the slain.

"The Kiss of Consummation" from "Poetica Erotica" by George Sterling © 1921


The day had been quite eventful and Erik had found it exhilarating to be taking charge of his existence. He felt that after years of waiting to begin his life, he was finally making it happen. He sank into the padded, high-back leather chair behind his desk and sighed. Allowing his eyes to scan around his office, he smiled at the thought of the last conversation he had before returning home. He had found Phillipe in his office near the Pont Neuf. Their conversation had been brief as Phillipe had been too stunned for much speech after Erik had revealed the purpose of his visit. However, Phillipe assured him that he could produce the needed paperwork and promised he would be at the cathedral with Cecile Sorelli, Raoul, Meg and Madame Giry at nine o'clock that night.

His smile grew larger as he allowed his eyes to drift to the flat rectangular box sitting on his desk. He removed the lid and allowed his hand to caress the delicate lace.

"Yes, the Lord God and ma petite Christine willing, at long last my life begins this night."

The only hitch in the entire day had been his conversation with Raoul and Meg. The two had been late showing up at the restaurant and that had placed him in the awkward position of having to launch immediately into relating his plans for the evening, instead of making pleasant small talk with them for a short time. Initially, Raoul had balked attempting to caution Erik against his impulsive decision, but Meg had squashed Raoul's objections with five simple words, "Raoul, they are in love." After that, Raoul seemed to become just as enthusiastic as Meg did in assisting with the arrangements. Meg promised Erik that she would inform Madame Giry of his intentions as soon as she was certain he and Christine had left the opera house. She alleviated Erik's fear that Madame would strenuously object to the marriage by saying that if Christine agreed, her Maman would trust Christine's judgment.

That left one person for Erik to inform. With one last caress of the fabric nestled within, he returned the lid to the box. He rose from his chair and then left his study.

"Elaine! Elaine!" He called out as he entered the foyer.

He knew that due to the acoustics of the entry hall, she would hear his voice no matter where in his home she was. He waited for her response. Just as he thought she might have gone out, he turned to see her enter the room.

"Oui, Monsieur?"

"I would like to speak with you for a moment, Elaine. In my study, if you do not mind."

He gestured to the door. The woman said nothing, but cocked an eyebrow at him causing him to laugh.

"Oh, Elaine, please? For once, I have some good news to tell you. Please, after you, Madame."

Following the older woman into the room, he swept past her and waved her to an armchair across from his desk. He returned to his chair and sat there in silence for a moment.

"Well, Erik. You certainly have the look of the cat that ate the canary. What exactly are you planning?"

"You are aware that I met a young woman and that we went on a picnic yesterday."

"Of course, Erik, I prepared and packed the basket myself. I take it that your outing went well."

"Extremely well, so well, that I paid Mademoiselle Daae a rather unconventional visit last night. No! Do not look shocked, Elaine! I approached her guardian and she granted me leave to visit the young lady. On my honor, nothing unseemly occurred between us, but I ... Well, upon my return here last night, I determined that the indeterminable wait of a long engagement was not for me and I decided to throw caution to the winds. I am therefore going to ask Mademoiselle Daae to marry me ... tonight.

"I spent my day making all of the necessary arrangements for the services, and now need to tend to the final preparations here. Please place fresh linens on my bed and be sure that the room is immaculate. A florist should arrive any time now and I would like you personally to see to arranging the flowers and place them about my bedchamber. Also, I would appreciate it if you would use your womanly sensibilities and take any other measures you feel appropriate to ready my chambers for my wedding night."

He paused. His face reddened and he cleared his throat before he continued.

"The contents of this box should be laid across the foot of my bed ... erm ... our bed, please."

The woman smiled a small, but genuine smile and nodded.

"All will be ready for you, Monsieur Erik. May I add my congratulations?"

His eyes widened as his mind registered the respect she had placed before his name. A small, but grateful smile graced his lips when he uttered his response.

"You may, Elaine. Thank you. That is all."

Erik pulled his pocket watch from his waistcoat and checked the time.

"Now, if you will excuse me. I need to bathe and dress for my dinner engagement with Mademoiselle Daae this evening and, hopefully, for our wedding."


"But, Maman!"

"No! Megan Giry, how could you believe that I would consent to this? Have you taken leave of your senses? I cannot allow this! Gustave would be horrified. Christine cannot marry a man she met two days ago. Do you know what everyone will think? I shudder to think of what people will say about Christine if she does this. It will cause a scandal."

The slender blonde suddenly interrupted the older woman's rant.

"Maman, Christine does not need your consent. She is of an age to make her own decision in this matter without your approval. Erik and Christine love each other. I have never seen two people better suited and I know you see this too! They will marry tonight with or without your consent. Please do not ruin their happiness by making a scene! Christine has had more unhappiness in her life than any other person I have ever known. She is not a flighty girl. She knows her own mind and if she agrees to wed Erik tonight, it is because she loves him and wants to marry him. You and I both know that Christine does not give a fig for the things people might say about her. We are the only family she has now and she cares only about our opinions. We cannot turn away from her because of what the small minds of others might think or say. Maman, please give this marriage your support and come with me."

The older woman's shoulders sagged in defeat and she rubbed at her temple.

"Megan, you do realize that if it were anyone other than Christine I would not support this action. If it were you, for example, who wished to marry at a moment's notice, I would never allow it. And, I do not give a sou for how old you are. However, if Christine grants his suit, I will support her choice, as I know that she knows her own mind. And, I shall attend the ceremony."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.