The Perfect Solution - Cover

The Perfect Solution

Author does not hold the rights to the original characters from "The Phantom of the Opera," written by Gaston Leroux.

Chapter 10: A Most Serious Proposition

Fan Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10: A Most Serious Proposition - "A Phantom of the Opera" FanFiction. What if Erik didn't run away from home, but stayed with his mother because she had a change of heart and was able to love him. He did not become the Devil's Child or a murderer, nor did he take refuge below the Paris Opera House. This story offers a look at what might have happened to Erik if he grew up knowing his mother's love. And, what might happen to Christine Daae if she grew up without her "Angel of Music" to comfort and guide her?

Caution: This Fan Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Fan Fiction   Historical   Paranormal   First  

Marriage, a most serious proposition.
The joining of a man and a woman
for the purpose of procreation.
Blessed by God,
taxed by governments
and
ridiculed by comics the world over.

"A Most Serious Proposition" by Nyasia A. Maire © 2007


When at last their mirth faded, Erik met the woman's eyes and he grew serious once more. As he began to speak, Meg and Raoul entered the room with Raoul carrying a large wooden plank. Meg's eyes immediately met her mother's gaze and the older woman nodded. Meg quietly led Raoul down the hall and into Christine's room. Erik could barely see the shape of Raoul outlined in the doorway when his attention returned to Madame Giry.

"I would like to receive your permission to ask if Mademoiselle Daae could accompany me on an outing tomorrow afternoon. Would you be amenable to acting as her chaperone?"

Antoinette dipped her chin to her chest to hide her smile.

"This man truly belongs 50 years in the past. He is so very proper and, yet, when he and Christine come together in the same room, he becomes a slave to the passionate feelings he holds for her. A proper man. Is that not an oxymoron?"

A sudden thought occurred to the woman.

"Monsieur, have you ever paid court to a young lady?"

He attempted to disguise his sudden intake of breath as a clearing of his throat, but his eyes betrayed him. It was clear to Antoinette that this man was as much an innocent as Christine. The knowledge relieved her and she happily felt a leaden weight lift from her heart.

He mumbled his choked reply.

"I beg your pardon? What did you say, Monsieur?"

With a bowed head, he gave her his response.

"No, Madame. I have not."

He lifted his eyes once again to hers and continued.

"I do not take this situation lightly, Madame. A man such as me could hardly hope to find a woman who would allow his attentions upon her person. Yet, I feel an undeniable bond with Mademoiselle Daae and for the first time in my life, I find myself hoping that she may feel the same. It is that hope that granted me the courage to declare myself to you. It is that hope that shall give me the strength to propose to her tomorrow."

His voice trailed off and Antoinette surprised herself by taking his hand in hers.

"Monsieur, do not belittle yourself. You have more to offer than you suppose, but I can see that you cannot take my words to heart. Only Christine, only Mademoiselle Daae can erase the skepticism from your mind and ease the scarring upon your heart. In answer to your inquiry regarding a chaperone, I am afraid I must respond with a question of my own. Where do you intend to take her?"

"I thought an outing to le Jardin du Luxembourg, where we would enjoy a picnic lunch."

"A trip to le Jardin du Luxembourg on a Sunday afternoon provides sufficient chaperonage, Monsieur. Besides, if you intend to ask for her hand, I believe my presence would detract from the moment. You have my permission to escort Christine to le Jardin unaccompanied."

"My thanks, Madame." His smile shone radiantly.

"Come, Monsieur. I believe a young lady unknowingly awaits your invitation."


"Oh, Christine! There is nothing to forgive. Now, look! We brought you a wonderful meal!"

Returning to sit on the bed next to Christine, Meg turned towards the man standing in the doorway.

"Really, it is alright, Raoul. You may enter. We are both decent and the food is getting cold. Please?"

Raoul hesitantly walked into the room carrying a large wooden tray, his eyes darting about the room in a nervous attempt to avoid staring at the girls on the bed. He stumbled on the rough edge of a floor plank, but caught himself and avoided spilling anything on the tray. He paused and drew himself up to his full height; he focused his eyes on the unoccupied foot of the bed, and then rapidly crossed the room. He lay the tray down on the bed. Then, with averted eyes and giving a perfunctory bow to the girls, he swiftly exited the room. Slightly confused, Meg stared at the now closed bedroom door for a moment. She turned to Christine and shook her head.

"Sometimes, I simply do not understand the rules of conduct and behavior he follows. And yet, he always knows exactly what to do. Despite what Phillipe says about his little brother, I have always found Raoul to have a great sense of savoir-faire. He always treats me as if I am his equ..."

She sighed and flashed a smile at her friend, but Christine noticed the hint of sadness buried just below the surface of the smile. Christine silently debated whether she should say anything to Meg, but decided that when Meg was ready to speak of it, she would. Deciding to change the subject, Christine turned her attention to the tray.

"So, what is it that smells so delicious?"

Meg's eyes met Christine's and a look of gratitude passed between the girls. Meg's face took on a look of pleased animation as she ran her eyes over the items on the tray.

"Oh, well, I just so happened to catch Cook with the leftovers from La Carlotta's dinner! Look! She requested this crusty bread with garlic and cheese. Then there is this. Cook calls this dish, "pasta." It is noodles tossed with melted butter and garlic. These are Italian sausages. Cook told me that they are spicy, so they might not be a good thing for you to eat. And then, of course, I brought you some plain crusty bread, butter, cheese, apples, a jug of water and a bottle of wine. It is a veritable feast!"

Christine smiled at Meg.

"Thank you so much Meg, but I fear that I could never eat all of this. It is simply too much."

Looking at her friend's blushing cheeks, Christine continued.

"I certainly would not want this good food to go to waste."

She slyly paused and then disingenuously continued.

"I know! Meg, you must help me! Here, have some..."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.