Anna Maria - Cover

Anna Maria

Copyright© 2008 by Coaster2

Chapter 4

My friends at the ristorante, Paulo and Teresa Tremonte, promised to tell me if there was any scandal about Anna Maria and myself. Calva is a small town, little more than a village, and each of us knew most of the townspeople. Perhaps some of the older women would be outraged. I would not have Anna Maria embarrassed with scandalous talk. If that were to happen, I would have to take care to protect her reputation.

I should not have worried about scandal. The townspeople had little regard for the brothers Maraj. There would be no mourning their deaths. Indeed, they felt sorry for Anna Maria. They must have known of the agreement that forced her into the loveless marriage. There was general agreement that my lovely friend should enjoy the company of a proper and honorable companion.

For my part, I was accepted as that companion by most citizens. Perhaps in sympathy for my wife's deceit, but certainly because I had a respectable reputation in the town. My spirits were lifted by their acknowledgment of my desire for Anna Marie. I had received their unspoken permission.

As the weather warmed and the days grew longer, 'Mia' and I spent all our time together. We had become lovers only five weeks after the visit by the polizia. When we understood that the people of Calva could accept us together, we knew that it was our destiny. It was Anna Maria who chose the moment. One afternoon, we were walking in the piazza, alone except for some pigeons.

"Pietro, I have something to ask you."

"Please, ask me anything."

"Will you be my lover?"

As shocked as I was by her question, I was able to nod my head. She laughed at me.

"You look so surprised. I know you have strong feelings for me. Tell me that you want me, Pietro."

She was so sincere and yet she was smiling with happiness. I had no will to refuse her. I wanted to make love to her from the moment I first met her. We had stopped near the fountain. I took her in my arms and I kissed her passionately. I would leave her no doubt of my feelings.

We returned to her home and we made love for the first time that afternoon. We spent hours gazing at each other, learning about each other in our nakedness. My Mia was so lovely and so perfect. I had found my heaven. I would stay here the rest of my life. I could never let her escape my love.

Mia cried the first time we made love. She told me that no man had ever made her feel this way before. I was gentle and slow and comforting and she told me that it was as if a new life had begun for her. She said it was the first time that she had truly enjoyed a man being inside her. She wanted more of this, she told me.

My Mia made me laugh. She was full of joy with our new life and we talked of marriage when my divorce was finally granted. I could not have been happier. My sorrow and anger with my former wife had vanished with the wind. Mia's fear and unhappiness had gone with it. It was a perfect life for us.

Neither Mia nor I had children from our marriages. Mia wanted nothing to remind her of Ridvan. My wife, Silvana, had chosen to delay our family. It was just as well. I do not believe that she truly wanted children. It would interfere with her selfish plans. Mia wanted children with me. I learned she was thirty years old and she fretted that she would be too old if she did not conceive soon.

I knew I wanted children, but only with Anna Maria. I would imagine our perfect family. A little boy and girl, both as beautiful as their mother. I could only smile as I thought of it. It would become part of our future.

We knew that Father Antonio would not sanction our marriage since I would be divorced. Mia was not concerned. She was satisfied with a marriage at the provincial office in Foggia. It was important only that we were together for all time.

Mia had been using the birth control pill for many years, strictly against church doctrine. We were not regular in attendance at San Marco, our only church. Father Antonio complained of the slow decline in attendance at his church. He could not understand that the young people wanted more from their church than a list of sins.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.