Craig Hill - Cover

Craig Hill

Copyright© 2008 by Kaffir

Chapter 26

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 26 - Although starting in 1946 the bulk of the story takes place in 1960s England. It has a military background and tells of the joy and vicissitudes of a privileged couple's romance in England and Libya. A box of tissues would be a handy aid to the reader.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   First   Masturbation   Petting   Slow  

The family gathered for pre-dinner drinks. It was comfortable and relaxed. The dogs lay around them only disturbing things when a terrier needed to let off steam.

"Don't you have a Summer Ball at Tidworth?" asked Elspeth out of the blue.

"Yes," said Mark. "It's on August 14th."

"Are you taking Victoria?"

"Shit!" exclaimed Mark. "Oops! I'm sorry."

Everyone smiled.

"I'd totally forgotten. Oh Lord! What am I going to do now?"

"Ring her this minute," said Serena.

Mark looked round enquiringly and received nods from his parents.

He went to the telephone and dialled.

"General Collins's residence. Sergeant Roberts speaking"

"Hello, Sergeant Roberts. It's Captain Bowers. Could I have a word with Miss Collins?"

"Of course, Sir. One moment please."

There was a long, as far as Mark was concerned, pause.

"Hello, Mark," her voice was warm.

"Hello, Victoria. I won't beat about the bush but I've made a complete nonsense. I got so caught up with Serena's end of term that I completely forgot about the Summer Ball. Will you come with me?"

"Oh, Mark, I'd have loved to but I'm afraid you've left it too late. We went to dinner on Saturday with the Evanses and there was this nice chap called Charles Fitzmaurice. He asked me to go with him. I put him off hoping you might ring over the weekend but now I've accepted. Sorry, Mark."

"Oh well," said Mark crestfallen. "It's my fault but promise me a dance."

"Of course."

Mark was unable to continue the conversation. He had let down the girl he loved and who he hoped loved him.

"Sorry," he said. "'Bye. See you." He put down the telephone, paused for a moment to try and gather himself and went back into the drawing room.

"Oh dear," said Serena immediately noting his glum look and slumped shoulders.

Mark nodded and plonked himself down next to her on the sofa.

"She's been invited by somebody else."

"Oh, darling," said both women in sympathy. David's eyes widened momentarily at Serena's use of darling but, experienced as he was in things female, he kept quiet.

There was silence during which David quietly replenished glasses. Mark was in deep thought.

David sat down again. "Come on, Mark," he said. "Spill it. There's more than she can't go with you."

Mark nodded. "Two things. The first is that I've let her down and could kick myself to Kingdom Come. The second is that I wouldn't trust the chap she's going with further than I could throw him," he said. "He's a smoothie and fancies himself with the girls. The general's daughter would be a prize as far as he's concerned and then he'd drop her once he'd got her."

"That's pretty damning," said Elspeth.

"Yes," said Mark, "but I do sometimes get to talk with the more junior officers and I also make sure to pick up on the chat and, from everything I've gathered, he's a cad of the first order."

"You could be wrong when it comes to Victoria," said David reasonably.

"Yes, Dad, I could be but I don't think so."

"So what are you going to do about it?" asked David.

Mark studied his hands then he looked up. "There are two things I could do. The first is to go as ADC and keep an eye on things. That's a non-starter as General Anthony will say that it is a non-formal function so get lost. He might also be a bit browned off that I hadn't invited Victoria in the first place but I don't think so. The second is to take somebody else."

Serena giggled despite the seriousness of the discussion. "Sophie?" she asked.

"No fear," said Mark. "How about you?"

"Me?" she gasped her eyes wide.

Mark nodded.

"That's not a bad idea," said Elspeth slowly. "First of all it would be less likely to hurt Victoria than taking anyone else. Secondly it would allow you to keep an eye on her through hers and Serena's friendship. When she hears you're taking Serena she's almost certain to ask her partner to include you both on their table."

Mark nodded again. "My thoughts as well. The third thing is that, if last night was anything to go by, we'll have fun as well."

Serena flung her arms round his neck. "I'm disappointed for you but as far as I'm concerned this cloud has a bright silver lining. Thank you, Mark." She kissed his cheek.

"I don't suppose you have a second bed in your flat, do you?" asked Elspeth.

"No," said Mark, "but I could always sleep on the sofa."

"I don't think that'll be necessary. I'll have a word with Frances, which might oil all the wheels. I'll wait until tomorrow though, I think."

They all cheered up again after that and dinner was the usual happy meal with lots of laughter and teasing.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.