Craig Hill - Cover

Craig Hill

Copyright© 2008 by Kaffir

Chapter 2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Although starting in 1946 the bulk of the story takes place in 1960s England. It has a military background and tells of the joy and vicissitudes of a privileged couple's romance in England and Libya. A box of tissues would be a handy aid to the reader.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   First   Masturbation   Petting   Slow  

Starting at school went well after all. Admittedly Mark was utterly silent on the journey there. The headmaster and his wife were warm and welcoming and, after saying a quick good-bye to his parents, Mark was whisked off by a ten year old who was to show him his dormitory, his classroom and locker. He also showed him round the school. Things moved so fast and there was so much to take in that Mark was in bed and asleep before he knew where he was. He may not have cried but Elspeth did on the way home although she enjoyed the way David comforted her when they got there. Serena had been sent off to friends for the day.

Mark settled in quickly and soon started to make friends, particularly with two other new boys, Martin Powell and Nicholas Richardson. The three of them became inseparable during the day, sitting next to each other in class, playing together at morning break or whenever there was no organised activity. They were able boys and were always in the top four of their form. They spent part of each long summer holidays together.

All three boys skipped a year at the start of their second year which meant that they should be in the top form for their last two years indicating that they were due to try for scholarships to their public schools. That was when disaster struck: during the summer holiday that they were all twelve. They were staying at the Powells' and had straggled back from the village fair in the late afternoon. Nicholas was complaining of a splitting headache and feeling sick. Moments after getting home he collapsed. Under Mrs Powell's direction they got him into bed and she rang for the doctor. He arrived in less than half an hour and examined Nicholas thoroughly. Nicholas had come to but still had a bad headache. He also had a very high temperature. He was rushed to hospital and Mrs Powell rang his parents. His mother left home immediately and went straight to the hospital to be told that Nicholas had a brain tumour and that they were going to operate immediately. He did not survive the operation.

A devastated Mark was collected by Elspeth the next morning. He was silent most of the hour's journey home. Elspeth respected his silence. She knew he would talk when he was ready and hoped she could be there for him. She too was shocked and saddened. She had grown fond of Nicholas, a cheerful, friendly boy who always made a point of talking to her and David when they visited the school and was a joy to have to stay during the Summer Holidays.

"Why?" Mark suddenly burst out as tears began to pour. "Why did he have to die, Mummy? It's not fair."

"No, darling, it isn't."

"It's not fair on him or his parents or his friends."

Elspeth said nothing. There was nothing she could say. Her heart went out to her son. He relapsed into silence again as the tears poured down his cheeks.

After a few minutes he wiped his eyes with his handkerchief and blew his nose. He stared through the windscreen. Elspeth glanced at him and saw he was angry.

"What does God think He was up to? I thought He was supposed to be a loving god."

"That's a question a lot of people have asked," replied Elspeth with a sad smile, "and I don't know how many have come up with the right answer. I'm not sure I have but this is something we can talk about when we get home, not while I'm trying to concentrate on the road."

Mark nodded noting the familiar landmarks coming onto view.

They got home a few minutes later and as they walked from the garage to the house Serena came running from the farm.

"I'm very sorry about Nicholas," she said to Mark. "I liked him very much."

Mark looked at his eight year-old sister in surprise. He had no idea that she could show sympathy.

"Thank you, Serena," he said in a choked voice.

She reached up and hugged him round the waist and then taking his hand walked to the house with him.

Elspeth smiled inwardly. The two of them might squabble and scrap but she knew Serena loved and admired her big brother. She missed him when he was away at school and talked a lot about him to her mother.

"I'm going up to my room for a bit if that's all right," said Mark.

"Of course. I'll give you a shout when lunch is ready."

"I don't think I want any."

"You must eat, darling."

"Oh, all right," he replied resignedly.

Three-quarters of an hour later there was a knock on his door.

"Come in," he called wearily.

"Lunch!" said Serena.

"I really don't want any."

"Lunch!" she said firmly.

"Bossy-bags!" said Mark with a faint grin.

Serena smiled at him and nodding held out her hand. Mark stood and took her hand, allowing her to lead him downstairs. Neither said anything.

Elspeth smiled at them both.

"Sit yourselves down," she said. "Actually, Serena, you can come and give me a hand doling out."

David came in at that moment and grasped Mark's shoulder giving it a squeeze as he went past.

"Sorry, Mark," he said quietly but firmly. "That was a frightful thing to happen but friendships last for ever. You'll miss Nicholas badly, I know, but think more of his family."

Mark stared at him and his father smiled gently back. Mark had come to realise that his father often said a lot in very few words and what he had just said had jolted him out of self-pity.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.