Joerg Isebrand - Cover

Joerg Isebrand

©Argon, 2008

Chapter 16: How the Free Saxons Leave Rome and Return to German Lands

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 16: How the Free Saxons Leave Rome and Return to German Lands - In the year 1500, a boy, Joerg Isebrand, is born into a peasant family in Northern Germany. Banished from the land of his birth at age sixteen, young Joerg soon finds himself a landsknecht, a soldier for hire. The story follows the next fourteen years of his life, as he rallies his siblings and fights in the wars of the 16th century. He dallies with many women and girls, but it is an unlikely bride who finally wins his heart.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   First   Oral Sex   Violence  

By the end of their second week in Rome, Thorben and Katherine, with fifty of their men, met with the emissaries of their prisoners' families outside the city walls and received the ransom payment. Shortly after, under strong protection, the prisoners were guided out of the city and into the care of their families.

In spite of the hefty ransom, more than one of the released prisoners expressed their gratitude to their captors, for they were all released without hurt and the women and girls with their virtue intact.

The Cardinal Granvella was the only one of them who showed his grudge, for his three concubines had elected to stay in the palacio. They had found lovers more to their liking among the Free Saxons.

That evening, the committee divided the ransom money according to custom, and the Isebrands added almost one thousand Ducats to their coffers. With the first rays of the sun, the Free Saxons abandoned the Palacio Granvella and marched towards the northern gates in good order. Nobody dared challenge them as they left with their rich loot.

They marched in north-eastern direction for a few days, crossing the Apennine Mountains, and after a week they stopped for a few days' rest at a small river called Fiumicino. None of them knew that this was the famous River Rubicon of Julius Caesar's fame, and if they had known, they would not have cared. After two days, they headed in northern direction and made good progress for two weeks before they reached Casale.

The good citizens of the town were wary of them. News about the atrocities committed in Rome had already spread. It was good that they had brought a number of the women along who would tell the people that the Free Saxons had shown restraint.

Of course, Thorben and Gudrun were overjoyed to be reunited, and Crescencia blushed deeply when Bjoern swept her into his arms. That very evening, before the entire fähnlein, Bjoern Isebrand and Crescencia Partrese exchanged their wedding vows.

They also found Enrico Pollini and Theresa as a married couple. The old sword master had not lost any time once they had returned to Casale, and Theresa showed the signs of advancing pregnancy. Strangely, Theresa raised her hackles when she saw Lucrezia at Joerg's side, showing an irrational jealousy. Pollini was philosophical about that, explaining it away with the craziness pregnant women were apt to display.

They made quarter in the Castello Dei Paleologi again. Thorben used the time in Casale to sell off the more bulky items taken from the Roman palaces, converting those into coin. Again, the committee divided the spoils and again, the Isebrands received their share.

It was late July now, and time for the Free Saxons to head north, to cross the Alps before the onset of winter. To expedite their travels, Thorben had bought up horses far and wide and wagons, both for the returning soldiers, for the numerous women and girls now accompanying them, and for their loot. Provisions were bought, too, and once again, the merchants of Casale were delighted to do business with the foreign soldiers.

When the day of their departure drew nearer, Joerg renewed his offer to Lucrezia. Blushing, she told him of an offer she had received from a widowed wine merchant. That worthy, having three grown sons, wanted a pretty young wife for his waning years. He was wealthy enough to scorn a dowry, and Lucrezia's slender form and fragile beauty appealed to him.

In a word, Lucrezia wanted to accept. She would live comfortably and be the respected wife of a prominent citizen. It was the best she could expect, from her view.

Joerg did not press her. She had been honest from the start, and she had kept her side of the deal all during the march north, showing a ravenous appetite for his body. He was sad nonetheless when he wished her well. He entrusted her to Enrico Pollini who would give her away at her wedding, but he did not respond to her veiled offer of a last night together.

They skirted Venetian lands on their way north. With the horses and wagons, they were able to travel twenty and more miles each day. They also carried provisions, easing the pressure to find food. Joerg pressed his fähnlein hard, and by late August, they reached the Gotthard Pass. The crossing was arduous, but the weather held all the way to St. Gallen. They paid a road tax there, and were allowed to rest for a week.

On the first evening there, Katherine asked her brothers and sister for a council. She was visibly upset about something, but would not speak about it until they were alone.

"Bjoern, I have brought shame on us."

Bjoern was non-plussed.

"How so, Sister?"

"I am with child," she whispered.

Bjoern was speechless, as was Joerg. Nele jumped up, though, and hugged her sister in support. Only Thorben shrugged his shoulders.

"Katherine, of course you are," he said with a surprising lack of mocking undertone. "That is what happens when you lie with a man each night. What did you think?"

"I don't know. I thought, I was so much older..."

Thorben could not stop his smirk now, but Gudrun slapped the back of his head.

"You have been a good brother, now shut up before you ruin it again!" She turned to Katherine. "How far along are you?"

"My last bleeding was right after we took Rome."

"Small wonder you were such a vicious fighter, there," Thorben could not help but quip. Another stinging slap to his head was his reward.

"Have you told the boy, yet?" Gudrun asked next.

Katherine shook her head.

"Well, do!" Bjoern said sharply. "I have a mind to find a priest right away."

"Don't be silly, Bjoern! The boy cannot marry without his father's consent, and what are the chances of that?"

Katherine sounded bitter. Joerg could feel for his sister. He, too, had left behind a girl who would dally with him, but could not see him as husband.

"Katherine, sister dear," he said softly. "It will not be the first child born out of wedlock. I for one will gladly serve as godfather, if you'll have me. We will always stand by you. You are our sister."

"You don't condemn me?" Katherine asked, as if surprised.

"Do not even think that!" Joerg answered with vehemence. "The Lord knows how many children Bjoern and I sired over the last years! Lucrezia may carry my child, for all I know. How can we judge you?"

"Am I the only one who preserved her virtue in this family?" Nele asked with a pout.

"And you better keep it, too!" Bjoern growled. "Katherine, I agree with Joerg. We shall all take care of you and your child. You need to tell the boy, though. Perhaps your child has a great future. Even the bastard child of a Duke will be taken care of well."

"I would have to stay behind or give up my child, then!" Katherine exclaimed.

"Let us stay reasonable, Katherine," Joerg calmed her. "Tell the boy first. Then, when we reach his father's lands, he can sound out the old Duke."

That was what they agreed upon, and that evening, Katherine told Anton of Sternfels that he would be a father at age sixteen.

Young Anton took it like a man, making Katherine not a little proud. He stood at Bjoern's tent, the next morning, making himself as tall as possible.

"Worthy lieu tenant," he started. "I have learned that your honoured sister, whom I hold in the highest regard, may be with child. I shall step up to my responsibility in any way you and your family sees fit, even if that means defiance to my father's wishes."

Bjoern had had a night to sleep over the situation, and he answered with politeness.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.