Elements
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2008 by SonofJohn90

Sam awoke the next morning feeling a little light. Overall feeling okay he set out for breakfast. He walked fast and didn't seem to make a sound. Without noticing it Sam was walking on air. He went to the kitchen where he found his sister.

"Hey sleepyhead," she says as Sam enters the kitchen. "Mom and I are going to the mall. Wanna come?"

Sam started laughing. "You think I'm crazy. Me going to the mall with two girls. Hahahahaha. Sorry but I am not your bag boy. And I don't think I can stand five hours of shopping while I'm feeling light headed."

They left the house a few minutes later. Wanting a little company Sam picks up the phone and dials Cody's house.

"Hey is Cody there?" Sam asks into the phone.

"Ok. Well thanks anyway," Sam says right before he hangs the phone up. Feeling lonely he heads upstairs to his room. He sits down on his bed just as the phone rings. He rushes downstairs into the kitchen and picks the phone up.

"Sorry Amber, Samantha isn't here."

"I guess, but I'm the only one here right now."

"Sure. Cya in a few."

Sam quickly runs up to his room and changed. The doorbell rang just as he reaches the bottom step. He walks to the front door and opens it. Amber walks in with her brown hair swaying in a ponytail. They walk together to the den and take separate seats. Sam sits in the only recliner in the room while Amber stretches onto the love seat.

"Got the book?" Amber asks breaking the silence resounding through the room. Sam has a funny look of confusion on his face. "The funny smelling book. The one that we read from. You know the magical one."

"Oh that book. Yeah. Let me go get it." Sam runs up the stairs two at a time. He runs into his room and looks around. A thought enters his head. He slows down and locates the book. Touching the rough cover fills his head with complete darkness. To him it is as if the world was alive but darkness was crawling around everywhere. His mind expands past its limit and he faints.

He wakes seconds later to a clear world. To him it seems as if most of the shadows of the world are lifted and everything is brighter. Throwing this new discovery to him having just opened his eyes he heads downstairs. Amber meets him at the bottom of the stairs.

"What was that thump?" she asks.

"I think I passed out. No clue why. But here is the book." He holds up the book for her to take it. She grabs it. Darkness covers their eyes. They can't see past the darkness. They both feel the darkness expanding in their mind. In seconds it encompasses each brain. In minutes it links their brains.

Sam jerks his hand away from the book as he feels the broadness of a new mind. Amber clutches the book and stares at Sam. They see the fear in each others eyes. Amber turns her face down hiding it.

"That was weird and a little scary," Sam says trying to calm Amber down. "It was probably a small effect of us having powers humans shouldn't have. No need to worry. Here to take your mind off it why don't you go study your power."

Amber nods and leaves for the den. Sam hears the faucet turn on and water hitting metal. The faucet turns off and the metal clangs against the side of the sink. Sam walks into the kitchen to see Amber carrying a pot of water and the book to the den. Sam follows her into the den and sits in the recliner. Amber sets the pot on the small table and opens the book to the water section.

They sat their not talking for hours. Amber practicing her water magic and Sam sitting in the recliner not moving an inch. Around two a car pulls into the driveway. The front door opens and closes. Samantha walks into the den to see a sphere of water hovering above a pot. Amber has her hands around it, controlling it. Her brother is sitting in the recliner with his hair draped over his eyes.

Amber looks to Samantha and the water sphere drops into the pot.

"Hi," Samantha says. She walks over to Amber and joins her on the sofa. Sam takes this time to grab the pot and take it to the kitchen.

After emptying the pot Sam stands by the entrance to the den. Eavesdropping.

" ... yes but I want to know if he likes me. Will you help me?" Amber asks of Samantha.

"Of course."

Jealousy wells up in Sam. He has had a crush on Amber since they were in elementary school. Now she was asking his own sister to help her get another guy. He runs to his room where he has his backpack packed for his camp out before school. He grabs it and heads downstairs.

"Mom I'm going out," he calls to his mom as she enters her bedroom. He opens the front door to find Cody poised to knock.

"Hey man."

"Hey Cody."

"Where you going?"

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.