The Road (or an Rathad) - Cover

Preview

The Road (or an Rathad)

by Scotland-the-Brave

Copyright© 2008 by Scotland-the-Brave

Fantasy Story: This story is a tribute to Volentrin following his sad death earlier this year. His description of what he planned for the story was: A young boy leaves Scotland for America and grows up there. He dreams of flying and sees fairies and other things his mother objects too. See how he deals with this and other things as he grows up in America! - I've tried to interpret that vision. See what you think.

Tags: Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Romantic   Fiction  

Dedication

This story is a personal tribute to the talents of Volentrin who sadly passed away earlier this year. We exchanged correspondence and comments and I thoroughly enjoyed his advice and his humour. For those of you who haven't read any of his work - shame on you, you don't know what you've been missing! Get on over to Volentrin's page and enjoy some of his stuff.

Volentrin shared the first four chapters of his story - The Road (or An Rathad) with me before posting them on SOL - he wanted to include a few words of Gaelic for authenticity and I was his source. I returned several times to re-read the chapters and eventually plucked up the nerve to ask his editor how he would feel about me trying to complete it as a way of paying tribute to Volentrin's memory.

TeNderLion was gracious. He spoke to Volentrin's family and agreed to help me try and complete the story - that was also a scary moment, as I was then worried about not doing Volentrin justice! The first four chapters are Volentrin's work. The rest are mine. I think I've done my best, but you be the judge.

For Volentrin - his words live on.

Scotland-the-Brave

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.