Chronos Chronicles 2: Without a Map - Cover

Chronos Chronicles 2: Without a Map

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 23: The wake

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 23: The wake - Chronos, after helping to save the Kindred women, finds herself on a very different journey. She is among the first human beings that she has seen in over 15 years. This time she must relearn what it means to be human, she finds herself a without a map to guide her only universal sense of what is going on.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Reluctant   Gay   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Group Sex   Slow  

"Come home when you get tired," is all Nimrod says as he kisses me out the door.

It is full dark outside, I look around to see where they have a bonfire set. It is over by the practice grounds. I nod my head with approval as I stride over there, Green hair blowing in wind, body humming with sex and love. For some reason the universe has brought me to this place and it wants me to be with these people.

I will have to work on fitting in. I am Chronos, the god of time; Defender of man, I remind the universe.


The wake is in full swing by the time I get there. It is just the way Maggie described it. We will tell of Annie's deeds in life and share in divvying up her effects. Personally, I am hoping for a lock of her hair.

The Protectors and a number of the bachelor women are sitting about on low lying logs, that have placed in a square around the fire. There is something being passed around in a jug and Bunyan is strumming on his guitar. The air is subdued. I am a little surprised that they did not wait for Holiday to come back, but maybe he said he didn't want to participate. Who knows.

I entered the circle with my usual aplomb. I move among them, quietly touching shoulders and saying greetings. Gunga Din waves me over to where he and Seth are sitting. It would seem I have made a friend by beating him in our sparing match.

"Good of you to come," he flashes a smile at me. Seth gives me a nod of greeting.

"Did you sent me the note?" I ask.

"Note, what note?" he looks flustered at me. Guess it was not him.

"No worries." I pat him on the arm.

"I was disappointed to hear you have been claimed by the healers." he says to me. If he truly was, I could not hear in his voice.

"It is best this way." I put in.

"You would have made a wonderful Protector," Seth adds mimicking his brothers flat tone.

"Perhaps, but I am not sure I would be welcomed," I say the weariness heavy in my voice.

"That was before." Gunga Din nods. "But now, we have taken your measure and found you exceptional." Was that admiration in his voice?

"And now we have open slots," Seth adds.

"But not welcomed at this time." I remind them.

"Only by some." Gunga Din's voice goes flat again.

"And I will sleep in comfort with the knowledge, you are here to watch my back," I nod my head slowly to him. I can trust him. I know it in my bones. Both of them. That's two down, only a hundred or so more to get on my side.

"You should still keep one eye open," he makes a careful look at Napoleon, I give him the eyebrow raise. Enough said.


Soon I am asked to look over Annie's effects. There are many, she was a gun hound. All different, but as I look closely and see that she only needed to carry two types of ammo. Smart girl.

"I do not believe I want a weapon," I say as my hand slides over a lovely little revolver. "Did she have a belt?" I ask.

The Amazons, who seem to be running the show, shrug and one of them offers me a thin belt with a flower motif stamped in. I smile, it is perfect.

"That's right, you don't need weapons." Napoleon replies to my query. "You should give up your sword." I feel my hackles rise as he speaks

"If you ask me that again, I will cut off your head with it." I hiss coldly at him.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.