Ballad of the Samurai II: Requiem - Cover

Ballad of the Samurai II: Requiem

Copyright© 2008 by Chaos Samurai

Chapter 3: Chaos Samurai

"I'm scared mom." JJ said.

"Why baby?" Bec asked knowing the reason why.

"What if he doesn't come back?"

"He said he was coming back, he's never lied to us. Just give him time, he just remember who he was and to be honest I'm more worried about what the hell it was that happened when he left."

"You said hell." JJ said sniggering.

"I know, I think it fits the situation."

"I think it was cool, he's like superman or somethin'."

"Right, he's bullet proof, wears a red cape and shoots lasers out of his eyes."

"That would be really cool." JJ said in rapt fascination.

"Well I can't say this birthday was a bust." Bec said.

"Oh, I forgot, hang on a sec mom." JJ said as he ran to his bed room.

Bec smiled, she knew he had hidden her gift under his bed, it was a beautiful dress, and so she wouldn't ruin it for him and would do her best to be surprised.

JJ in his room pulled out the decoy gift that was under his bed and then stuck his little arm in between the mattresses as far as he could near the middle and felt around until he bumped into the real gift.

Are you gonna be surprised mom!

He grabbed both and went back to his mom.

Bec was so in thought about making sure she reacted surprised to his gift she failed to notice he was hiding something behind his small back.

She took the small package and after ripping it for effect she made the appropriate faces and noises a surprised person makes. JJ had a hard time holding his laughter in knowing his mom was faking it.

"Its beautiful baby, thank you." Bec said.

"I'm glad you like it mom. Now here is your real present." JJ said as he handed her a small box.

Real present? Bec thought

She took the small box and slowly opened it, and gasped.

Inside was a set of pearl earrings, REAL PEARLS!!

"Baby..." Bec said as tears fell from her eyes.

"I know mom, David said you would love them. He felt bad that you worked so hard and never bought yourself something nice, so he said you would get something nice."


"Keep the generators going, the last thing we need is for the cloaking system to fail and the earthlings realizing we are hiding here." Yurei said to his chief engineer.

"Sir, because we are just sitting on this asteroid we are not using much power, so I don't foresee any trouble with the cloaking system." The Engineer replied.

"Very well. Get me Omni."

He waited for a few moments before a large holographic screen materialized in front of him.

Omni stared back at him, "What is it? I have things that need doing here."

"Mind your mouth when you speak to me! I am still your commander don't forget that."

Omni looked ready to retort, but held back and simply waited in silence. Yurei took that as a concession to continue.

"We are currently hiding The Destroyer in an asteroid belt, by cloaking it..."

"I know, humans won't be able to detect it."

"So, I have good news, we have finally succeeded in reversing the process."

"I have news of my own, I believe although I am not certain that he has returned." Omni said.

"This is indeed good news all around."

"Is my objective the same as before?" Omni asked.

"Yes, that hasn't changed. We want him back in his original form. Then we will be able to capture him and begin our experiments," after a pause Yurei continued, "how are you sure that he has returned?"

"There was a large energy spike not long ago, specifically, massive amounts of lightning and thunder. No machine is capable of generating that amount of lightning and the weather wasn't showing the conditions needed for that kind of intensive thunder."

"So it must be him."

Omni nodded.

"Find the energy source, if it's him confront him and test him; how strong is he, has he gotten stronger?"

"And if he kills me?"

"I don't foresee that happening now; you are far stronger now than before."

"Very well. A soon as I finish our current project."


"Now would someone tell me where the others are?" Arrian asked his present family.

"Well, you see Lindsay just graduated High School so to celebrate, they went to Disney World, they are supposed to come back tomorrow, and they even took Ana." Helen said.

"Who is Ana?"

"She's my dog daddy! The dog you sent home." Sarah said.

"Oh! I remember now. I hope she is doing well."

"She's fine. I think I need to call your sister and let them know you're back."

"No, don't. Let them enjoy their celebration, I'm sure Lindsay worked hard to finish school and she deserves it. They can find out tomorrow when they come home. Now, can someone tell me ... oh wait, I have to go and get some people."

"Is it another woman?" Miranda asked.

Arrian could have sworn the temperature and the room could have frozen hell over.

"Not like you think. She has a little boy of her own and she was struggling when I landed on her porch ... quite literally landed mind you. She took me in, gave me a home and support, like a mother would." Arrian said fondly.

"Good."

Temperature went back up to normal, disaster averted.


Kailynn and Sam were laying on the bed side by side. They're feet hurt from all the standing and walking, who knew there would have been so many people at Disney World this time of year!

Lindsay was passed out on the nearby bed. She had really had a day, and more importantly she had begun to come out of her shell. She talked more, and she had even joined the local soccer league.

All thanks to you Arrian. She has a life, no she has a marvelous life and she can speak. You have no idea how much that meant to her, something we take for granted so easily, meant so much to her.

"She's amazing isn't she?" Sam asked a staring Kailynn.

"Yeah, she is. She will be an amazing woman."

"You're pretty amazing yourself, Kai."

Kailynn blushed a shade of pink.

Kailynn was about to reply when a loud bark startled them. They turned to see the door and noticed Rachel and Cindi standing there with Anna at their feet wagging her tail a mile a second.

"How was is?" Sam asked.

"Horrible. We kept getting hit on." Cindi said.

"Speak for yourself; some of those guys were hot!" Rachel said.

"Please they looked at us like we were pieces of meat, that isn't for me." Cindi said.

"She's totally out of it." Rachel said as she sat on the bed with her sister.

"Yeah, I think this has been a good thing for her. She has been really down since well, you know..." Rachel said.

"Yeah, I know." Kailynn said.


"I hope it doesn't take him long." Helen said.

"He said he was just going to get them and come back..." Miranda said as her phone began beeping.

"SHIT!" Miranda yelled as she ran from the living room.

Helen followed in pursuit as she noticed Miranda ran for their security center.

Helen watched as Miranda typed something into the computer station and it brought up information on one of their buildings for R&D.

"They got in again, I wish we could catch these guys, but they get in and out before the police arrive."


Arrian walked up to the door and softly knocked.

He could hear movement coming towards the door before it was opened.

"David!" JJ yelled and jumped at him.

"Easy there, JJ. By the way, my name is Arrian."

"Mom said you remembered who you were. Are you a superhero or something?" JJ asked.

"Not quite a hero and I don't think I'm super at all. But where's Bec? I came to take you guys with me."

"I'm here Dav ... Arrian." Bec said from inside the house.

Walking in Arrian noticed she was wearing her earrings, "Glad to see you liked them."

"She was totally surprised!" JJ said next to Arrian.

"Bec, I know this is quite a surprise, but I need you and JJ to come with me, it's time you were compensated." Arrian said.

"What do you mean? For what? Taking care of you?" Bec asked a bit angrily.

"Bec, I didn't mean to imply that, but you have done a lot for me and done so in good faith and people deserved to have their faith rewarded. So you and JJ take my hands and let's get outta here." Arrian said as he extended his hands out.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.