Senior - Cover

Senior

Copyright© 2008 by Fable

Chapter 27: Planning an affair

Adeline's rules:

1. No questions about family

2. No public display of affection

3. No questions about past

4. No disrespect

5. Do not lie

6. No head games; I'll let you inside me, but not in my head

7. No mention of the difference in our ages

8. No expensive gifts

9. No cheating

10. No admission of love

The telephone conversation with Adeline had gone on much longer than I realized. I opened the door to find the two folding tables vacant. Everyone had left, or so I thought.

Kalian's head popped out from the kitchen. "Would you like some pizza, Sammy? I'll warm it up if you do."

I'd skipped lunch, and only eaten one slice of pizza before Adeline's telephone call.

"Thanks, Kalian. Did everyone leave?"

"We didn't know how much longer you were going to be on the phone," she said, placing two slices of pizza in the oven.

I looked at the clock. It was fifteen minutes before eleven. "I had no idea I was on the phone that long. It was rude of me. I'll apologize to everyone tomorrow."

Kalian sat at the table with me while I devoured the pizza, and when she saw that I was still hungry, she warmed two more slices. We talked about everything, almost. I stayed away from the subject of Casey, and she didn't mention Megan. She did, however, ask who I'd been talking to for so long.

"My parents are building a second home in Florida. That was the realtor. We were ironing out some of the details," I said.

Kalian looked at me in disbelief, as if she suspected I was being untruthful. I knew she wouldn't believe that I was the point man for the project so I let her conjure up her own version of what had kept me tied up on the telephone for so long. She took the other two slices of pizza out of the oven, and said she was leaving. I thanked her for helping with the party. She smiled, probably coming to the realization that she didn't have a chance with me.

After polishing off the last slice of pizza, I decided to go out for a walk. Although it was the beginning of spring, a cool breeze was blowing debris around the street. Otherwise, the town was quiet. This was a good time to think.

Thoughts flooded my mind so fast that I had trouble separating them. Should I answer Shirley's note? Had I heard the last from Kelley? Why hadn't Caroline come to the party with Chase tonight? Would I be able to persuade my A.B.T. teammates to adopt the nursing home project as our business plan? Had I really accepted Adeline's ten rules? Why had a forty-two year old woman invited a twenty-two year old college student to have an affair? What would happen if the owner's association didn't accept our application? How was I going to find the right building to design for my Architectural class? How was I going to repair my reputation at the Oldham Companies?

As I turned back to the apartment, retracing my steps, the answers came to me. I would write to Shirley, and tell her that I've missed her, too. If Kelley called, I would ignore her. I would call Caroline and talk to her. I would work hard to convince my A.B.T. teammates that we should tackle the nursing home project. Adeline's rules made sense; I vowed to live by them. Her reasons for wanting an affair with me didn't matter. All that mattered was that I was up for it, and she was too. The owner's association would accept our application; how could they turn us down? I would design a nursing home for my Architectural class. We would need a building design for the A.B.T. paper anyway. Squaring things with the Oldham employees would be difficult. No answer came to mind.

I got up early on Saturday morning, and was waiting outside the library when the doors opened. What I found on nursing homes was discouraging. The lack of material would make it difficult to make the group enthused.

The librarian suggested that the graduate school might have more on the subject. I took a ride across the river, and after hours of searching, I found very little on nursing homes. How was I going to sell the project to my teammates if the libraries ignored the subject?

I went back to the apartment and called everyone to apologize for my being rude the night before. Most of them said not to worry about it. Zelda said she knew I was up to something naughty. "It's a girl, isn't it?" I confirmed her assertion that it was something naughty, but denied that a girl was involved.

I then wrote Mr. Daugherty a letter. After reminding him of our meeting two years before, I told him about the business plan we were going to write, and asked him for advice.

Remembering the birthday card I'd received from her, I wrote a short note to Shirley.

Dear Shirley,

That was a dirty trick you pulled on me. I didn't want to believe that you'd reunited with Darien, but you'd never lied to me before. What option did I have?

Asking me to return the diaphragm that you'd only used with me was a low blow, too. I have a girl's diaphragm in that same pencil drawer, but unlike yours, we never got around to using it.

I've thought of you often. I hope you are happy, and wish only good things for you.

If you are so inclined, tell me about your achievements, and what occupies your thoughts.

Sincerely yours,

Sammy

After taking the two letters to the post office, I stopped by the only deli in town and picked up three kinds of sliced meat, provolone cheese, and pumpernickel bread. I planned on hitting the books the next day, and didn't want to have to go out.

Back in the apartment, I felt very alone. I needed to be there for Adeline's telephone call, but I also needed company. I called Caroline and invited her to have dinner with me that evening.

"You don't need to pick me up. I'll drive one of the company cars. No one will recognize it," she said.

"I have to warn you about a telephone call I'll be taking. It may be a long one."

"From Kelley?" she asked.

"No, it's a ... business call."

"May I listen on another phone?"

"No."

"What time should I tell my roommates I'll be home?"

"Tell them not to wait up for you. You'll be home sometime before noon tomorrow."

Caroline said she would be there in an hour, sounding ecstatic when she hung up.

What did she think was going to happen? Why had I invited her to stay the night with me? Was I so insecure that I couldn't stand to be alone on a Saturday night? What was I going to make for dinner?

Those questions were still unanswered when Caroline arrived. She was dressed for a date, not a quiet evening at home. She stood just inside the door, and let my eyes drift up her body from the black pumps with four inch spike heels, to the fishnet stockings, to the short red skirt, to the wide, patent leather belt, to the white silk blouse under the matching suit-jacket. Her neck was adorned with pink pearls, one-half inch in diameter, with dangling earrings that matched the necklace. The expression on her face, confident amusement, wistful curiosity, and sultry eyes, told me she was expecting more than the no penetration thing we'd done the other time she'd stayed.

"What's for dinner?" she asked, looking at my darkened kitchen.

"I don't know. I haven't made reservations yet," I said.

She closed the distance between us. Her red lips were two inches from mine, and I felt her breathe as she spoke. "I didn't dress this way to go out. It might get back to Mac that we were seen together. Anyway, you mentioned a telephone call you need to be here to take."

I watched her cock her head, as if she expected to be kissed. "This may be a mistake," I said, thinking of rule number nine.

Caroline placed both of her hands on my chest, as if to push off. "Sammy, I know you're in a tailspin right now. I'm here to help in any way I can. If you want to talk, I'll talk. If you want to fuck, I'll fuck you, but first, I'm hungry, and want you to feed me."

I pulled her to me, and felt her arms go around my neck. "You're right about me being in a tailspin. I invited you to have dinner with me, but I didn't consider what we would eat. Then I saw the way you were dressed, and got the idea that you wanted to go out. What's this about Mac finding out about us together?"

Caroline pressed her body to me, like she needed to be held as much as I needed her company. "I dressed this way to make myself attractive to you. Mac is making a play for your girlfriend, but I'm counting on her turning him down."

"Megan?"

She pulled her cheek away from mine, and gazed at me. "You did break up with her, didn't you?"

"Is that what Mac told you? Is that the reason you said you knew I'm in a tailspin?"

"Sammy, we're going around in circles. Are you in a tailspin right now, or not?"

I patted her ass, lightly, and felt her press her pelvis into me. "Go to my room and find something more comfortable to wear. I'll make something to eat, and when you get back, we'll compare notes."

Caroline swung her ass in an exaggerated way as she walked toward my room. When she returned to the kitchen ten minutes later, I had two bowls of soup and the sandwich makings on the table. She had replaced the red suit and blouse with one of my sweatshirts and a pair of my short pants. I didn't want to know what was holding the pants up. The earrings, necklace, fishnet stockings, and high heeled shoes were still part of her 'comfortable' outfit.

She dug into the soup without asking what kind it was, and when she finished the soup, she used all three kinds of meat and two slices of cheese to make herself a sandwich.

I opened a bottle of wine, and filled two juice glasses. Once Caroline had taken a sip of wine and two bites from her sandwich, she gave me her full attention.

"Kelley gave me another reason for calling it quits with her. It wasn't just the cheating. We didn't sleep together in Florida, and when I got back here I made sure Megan knew that I was free, just in case she wanted to take up with me. I guess I sprung it on her too suddenly. She took the news badly, and I may never know why. I haven't talked to her since Tuesday night. Now, the entire student body knows we're no longer together, and every guy wants to get in her panties. Did Mac indicate he's made any headway with her?"

Caroline was taking another sip of wine. She set the juice glass down, and started to take a bite of her sandwich, when she stopped and looked at me. "I haven't spoken to him since Tuesday night. You have to hand him credit. At least he was honest with me. He told me about you and Megan, and that he was going to try to date her. I told him to go for it, but if he struck out, I would be available. Do you think they'll connect, or is there a chance that he'll come back to me?"

"Don't take this the wrong way, Caroline, but I hope they hook up. She has a full schedule, and doesn't have time to be bothered by every stud in school. Also, Chase is smart, and he could help her prepare for classes. I'm a little surprised though."

I could tell that my candidness had stung her. It sounded like I didn't care that she would be out in the cold. "What surprises you?"

"I'm not surprised that Chase was up front with you. He's a standup guy. What surprises me is that he and Megan are about the same age. He has a preference for older women."

"Is that what attracted me to him?"

I laughed. "Don't take this the wrong way, Caroline, but..."

"Will you please stop saying that? I'm a big girl. Talk straight to me," she said, showing the kind of irritation that crawls up your leg and leaves a stink bomb.

I grinned at her, and watched her grin back at me. "I like you, Caroline. You're a straight-talking woman. What attracted Chase to you was that you are a sure thing. I'm surprised that he would give up a sure thing for a younger woman."

"Do you think I'm a slut?" Caroline asked.

The ringing telephone saved me from having to answer her question. I hurried to my study, taking my glass with me.

"Hello?"

"Hi," you sound timid tonight," Adeline said.

"I was hoping it would be you."

"Am I interrupting anything important?"

"No, I was waiting for your call."

"What's rule number seven?"

"No mention of the difference in our ages."

"Very good, now I have something very delicate to ask of you."

"Okay."

"I'll go to my doctor one day next week. I'm going get a prescription for the pill, but it may take some time to become effective, so you'll have to wear a condom next weekend. Okay?"

"Adeline, I thought I made it clear last night, I can't justify a trip down there until we know the deal is going through."

"I know, but if you did come next weekend, you wouldn't object to wearing a condom, would you?"

"No."

"There's something else. This is really delicate."

I couldn't wait to find out what was making her uncharacteristically cautious. "Shoot."

"While I'm at the doctor, I'm going to be tested. I'm hoping you will do the same."

A surge of anger ran through me. I was considering the addition of an eleventh rule, concerning 'Trust, ' when I remembered accusing Kelley of fucking Roger bareback. She'd told me that he'd used a condom, but what if she had lied? "I have no problem with being tested," I said.

"Thank you. It makes me very happy that you're agreeable. I have one more delicate question."

"Adeline, I'm twenty-two, not thirteen," I said, without thinking.

"Rule number seven," she said, sternly.

"Sorry, I wasn't thinking. "What's the question?"

"It's a simple question regarding preference. I'm considering shaving my pubic hair. Do you prefer a bald pussy to one with a bush?"

"Have you ever ... sorry, rule number three ... sorry. Maybe we could shave each other."

"You're forgiven, Sammy. That would be splendid. I'll just trim my bush and wait for you to shave me. Have you ever had your..."

"Rule number three!" I said, and heard her giggle.

I hadn't shut the door, and Caroline surprised me by coming into the room with the wine bottle in hand. "Thank you," I said when she poured wine into my glass.

"Who's there?" Adeline asked.

"A friend, I invited her to have dinner with me, and then I didn't cook anything, so we had to settle for soup and a sandwich. I was thanking her for refilling my wine glass."

"What's your friend's name?"

"Caroline. Actually, she was my friend's girlfriend until recently. We've been commiserating with each other."

"What happened between your friend and Caroline?" Adeline asked, sounding suspicious.

"Technically, your question conflicts with rule number three, but I'll answer it anyway."

"Technically, you opened the can of worms by using the word 'was' in your previous sentence," she corrected me.

Caroline was still there, listening to my conversation with Adeline. She'd heard me mention her name so I couldn't very well banish her from the room. She must know this wasn't about business.

"Can we forget rule number three for a few minutes?"

"I suppose. What happened between your friend and Caroline?"

"His last name is Chase, but Caroline knows him as Mac because that's his nickname. Mac found out that Megan and I are no longer together. He told Caroline he's going to try to date Megan. That's what we were talking about when you called. Caroline wants Mac to fail so he'll come back to her. I want him to succeed so Megan will have protection from the hounds."

"I'd forgotten how complicated college life is," Adeline said.

"Rule number seven," I reminded her. "May I ask you a question about the past?"

"I suppose, but only one."

"Have you shaved your pubic hair before?"

Adeline laughed, and I noticed Caroline's eyes become big. She took a long pull from the wine bottle.

"Yes, but I've never had anyone shave me. Have you done that?"

"Are we throwing rule number three out?"

"No, rule number three stays. Just answer this one question please."

"Caroline is at a disadvantage. Is it okay if I let her listen on another phone?"

"This is a private ... okay; I have some questions for her anyway."

While I connected the second phone to the line, I filled Caroline in on what we'd been talking about. "Rule number three concerns not talking about our past, but Adeline wants to know if I've shaved a girl's pussy before. She says she wants to ask you some questions."

Caroline took the second phone. "Hello, Adeline. I understand you have some questions for me,"

"Hi, Caroline, what has Sammy told you about me?"

"Nothing really, just that he was expecting a business call tonight, but shaving your pussy doesn't sound like business to me."

Adeline laughed, and I laughed with her. "How would you describe your friendship with Sammy?"

"I'd say we're comfortable together, wouldn't you say that, Sammy? He says I'm a straight-talking woman, and I feel good when we're together. I guess you could say we trust each other."

"That sound's about right to me," I agreed.

"Caroline, are you planning to stay in Sammy's apartment tonight?"

"Yes, he said I could, didn't you, Sammy?"

"That's right," I put in.

"Sammy, I expect you to abide by rule number five. Will rule number nine be broken tonight?"

"Adeline, I'm offended by that question. I've told you that I don't cheat," I said.

"What's she talking about, Sammy? What are rule number five and rule number nine?"

"She's asking if we're fucking, and then lying about it, Caroline," I said, reaching for the wine bottle. "Maybe you should answer that question."

Caroline pretended to be shocked for a second. "Adeline?"

"Yes, Caroline."

"Are you Sammy's girlfriend?"

Adeline laughed. "I'm not his girlfriend, but we're about to embark on an affair, and I think I have a right to know if he's screwing you."

"Sammy has rules, but he doesn't number them. He's very strict about the no penetration rule. Does that answer your question?"

"Yes, thank you, Caroline. I'm sorry that I doubted you, Sammy. You two have a good night," Adeline said.

"Wait, Adeline," I said, fearing that she was going to hang up. "Are you going to call me tomorrow night?"

"Do you want me to?"

"Yes."

"Then I will," she said, hanging up, forgetting about asking if I'd shaved anyone before.

"That was strange," Caroline said. "Why didn't you tell me you're in an affair?"

"It's complicated," I said.

Adeline called again on Sunday night. I expected her to ask if Caroline and I had done the no penetration thing, but it was as if she had forgotten that Caroline existed. I had been looking forward to telling her how we'd gotten each other off twice, once while wearing our underwear, and a second time after we were naked.

Adeline wanted to talk about our future together. "One of the time shares I'm going to put you up in has a Jacuzzi. I'm looking forward to taking you around to some of my haunts. You won't mind posing as my nephew, will you?"

"Am I your sister's son or your brother's son?" I asked, teasingly.

"You're my sister's son. She's the good looking one in our family. By the way, are those bruises on your face healing?"

"Aren't you crossing the line of rule number three? That was in the past."

"Sammy, we don't have to live by the letter of the law," she said, sounding nothing like a forty-two year old woman.

"I think you want to know about my past. You just don't want to answer questions about yourself."

"You're right, Sammy. I want to know everything about you."

"I'll tell you anything you want to know while I'm shaving your pussy."

"Hmmm, you said you did it before. Did you find it necessary to penetrate her in order to do a close shave?"

"Yes, but I warned her when I was going to stick one of my fingers into her opening."

"You don't have to warn me. I'll close my eyes, and wait for you to surprise me."

"I wouldn't want you to jump. It might cause an accident. There's nothing pretty about a girl wearing a band-aid on her cunt."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.