Gold - Cover

Gold

Copyright© 2008 by Bigzeke

Chapter 12

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Bob was given a gold mine, he made good friends but would that he enough to survive the pandemic and the ensuing chaos?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Post Apocalypse   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oriental Female  

Monday - continued:

While at lunch, I asked Rob and Art, "What do you think of leaving my side logs extended out from the front of my cabin, and use the spare logs to make a porch?"

Both men sat there and thought but Jenn said, "That would be nice, maybe someday you could screen it in." I know she was thinking about the swarms of mosquitoes that seem to be particularly bad since the last wet spell we had.

"I think it is doable, but we need to build a foundation under the logs that would hold up the roof." stated Art.

"The logs only extend out about six or eight feet and the supports would be for looks, more than support, so we could pour the footing some other day." commented Rob, Then he continued, "We should attach the end logs, then the back log, leaving the front log to the last. We can then secure the back log with more bolts than we have been using, giving it more strength."

"Will this take a lot of time?" I asked.

"Not really, the extra time will be the notching of the end logs and installing the rafters that will become the roof of your front porch." replied Rob.

Next we discussed what I needed to do about the possible drainage problem I would have on the back side of my cabin. It was decided we would use a back-hoe to dig a trench across the back and down the sides then fill it with large rocks to provide a path for the runoff to follow. Art and Rob both agreed, it was most likely a good idea to do the same at their cabins too.

A short time later, the radio let us know that Bob was inbound with the stove, so we headed for my cabin. Lowering the stove into the cabin was no problem and we were ready for Roy when he arrived with four more logs. This time Rob had the men roll one of the logs off the back of the cabin. When I asked if that was a good idea, he said with the number of men we had available, we could lift it back up without too much trouble. Then he said, "The problem would be if we had to do that for the sides or front because we would have to raise one end higher than our heads." I had to agree, the idea of standing on a slope and lifting a thirty-foot log, just did not seem to be a good idea.

Practice is good. Moving the two end logs into place was easier now and it took us very little time to get the back log in place and secured with the extra bolts. Now and we were ready to lift the last log onto cabin. It took all of 15 minutes to gather the men and lift that log up onto the cabin. The notching and securing was completed just before Roy returned with four more logs.

After the logs were lowered into place, Bob showed up with a load of flooring, which we had delivered to a spot between Art's and Rob's cabins. Rob used a ladder to notch the logs that extended out past the front of my cabin. While that was going on, I managed to notch the log which would go across the front porch of my cabin.

Latter Roy returned with the last three logs which made up the porch supports and the ridge pole supports and the ridge pole. Then he landed for the day and came to help us. Art started to notch the sidewall logs and ridge log at both ends. I cut the ridge pole supports to length. Within an hour, both tasks were completed. The men immediately started putting rafters in place to hold everything in position. By the time, we were called to dinner; all the rafters were in place.

As we sat down to dinner, Bob interrupted us by saying he was inbound with a load of supplies from the State Police. We had him lower the supplies onto the ramp in front of the hanger before he landed for the day.

During dinner I asked, "Roy, how much more time can you spend in the air and not exceed FAA rules?"

"Right now we have been pushing it and will have to take a day off soon."

"That's fine but what will happen to your business."

"Most of our business has dropped off because of the cost of fuel. Our arrangement with Rob was for our time, plus fuel. Rob had two large fuel bladders installed at our field and we have been using that gas to ferry your stuff here. Incidentally one of those fuel bladders is empty now."

"I guess we could see if the State police want to use it now." suggested Rob.

"That's a good idea. How much fuel is left in the second bladder?" I asked.

"We took one tank load out today for Bob's chopper, so I would say we should have enough gas to bring all the other items you need to complete your cabin and the woodshop." replied Roy.

"Rob, do you know anywhere we might be able to buy more AV gas at a reasonable price?" I asked.

"Why?" queried Rob.

"Well, as we have progressed much faster than I expected, we will either need to buy more plywood and Formica to make our cabinets and counters or, we need to buy them already made. Also, I forgot about interior doors for our cabins." I explained.

"I guess we really need to talk with Tommy. He would have a greater knowledge about what is available." said Rob.

"Who's talking about me behind my back?" said Tommy as he and George walked up.

"We were wondering where we might buy more gas at a reasonable price." I said.

"George Walker crashed last year. His widow still owns one of his planes, spare parts and as far as I know a couple of storage tanks full of gas. The problem in the past was, she wanted to sell the whole kit and caboodle. Incidentally, the plane she is selling is the mate to mine."

"I take that to mean the spare parts will work on either plane."

"That's true enough."

"Let's find out what she wants for everything."

"Do we need the property?" asked Jenn.

"No, maybe you have more kin we can give it to. What we do need is the gas and spare parts. I want to learn to fly, so having the plane is also a good deal. If we can pick everything up for a reasonable price, then we come out ahead on just the price of the gas alone."

"I need to fly George back to Fairbanks tomorrow, so I will stop and talk to her." said Tommy.

"I am fixed wing qualified, and can fly your plane. I also have a few hours left before I need to take some downtime. Would you like me to come along tomorrow?" asked Bob.

"Sure. Can your big chopper fly one of those bladders back full?" asked Tommy.

"No, but the Air Force has a chopper that could. I am sure if Captain Stumpf were to ask for their help, they could fly it back for us."

"I think I know the field Tommy is talking about. I could stop and refuel there. Its only about five miles from my place." stated Roy.

"Tommy, how much did Widow Walker want?" I asked.

"In April, when I talked to her after the funeral, she said that she wanted $115,000.00 for it all. I thought that was a very good deal, but didn't have that type of cash money and the bank was unwilling to lend it to me." explained Tommy.

"How are we doing for funds, Jenn?" I asked.

"We have plenty in the bank to cover that, plus we hit a nice little pocket the other day, and now have between 12 and 13 ounces of gold." said Jenn.

An excited Tommy said, "That's great! According to George here, the price of gold is now over $1000.00 per ounce."

"Speaking of the mine, has all the equipment been serviced?"

"Yes, we serviced them today. We need to buy a couple more air and oil filters for the bulldozer and the front-end loaders for future use. If you want, we could start mining operations right now." said Frank.

"That is not necessary, I really would like to sleep in, tomorrow morning, if possible." I pleaded.

"Boss, none of us will leave until we see your smiling face in the morning." said Tommy.

Frank held his hands up and said, "Don't look at me. I plan to sleep in also."

Mary, who had been quiet through the whole conversation said, "I'm having trouble keeping mud out of my new house."

"What can we do about it, Mary?" I asked before Art or Rob could say anything.

"Putting wood down would be a temporary fix. Last time I went fishing up the second creek, east of here I saw some shale. That would make good stepping stones." explained Mary

Before I could even open my mouth, Jenn added, "The slate would look good in front of your door or even under the entire front porch."

I sighed and said "Who is going to get this slate?"

"The boys will help us, but we women should be able to load it into a riverboat and off-load it to a hopper, to be carried up to the cabins." explained Nukka.

"That would be fine with me. I would like a slate porch too. Please just be careful of the slate snakes." I suggested.

"There are no snakes around here!" stated Jenn.

"Well, let me tell you, Virginia had copperhead and water moccasin snakes. I have killed several of both types. Texas and New Mexico had rattlers. Every time you want to move something in the woods or field, you need to push it with a stick to be sure you are not bothering one of them critters. All three types of snakes love to live under large flat rocks like slate." I explained.

George added to it by saying, "Aren't those snakes the ones, if they bite you, you only have about two minutes to live?"

"That's right! The worst part is their size. They range from 2 to 3 foot and are between a ¼ and ½ inch thick and are solid grey-black with black eyes." added Frank.

It wasn't long before everybody said good night. Jenn took me across the river. Then we decided to cuddle again. I woke up about 5 and managed to get up and go to the bathroom. On the way, I found the tie cord that look like it came out of the hood of a sweatshirt. After rubbing dirt into the tie, it changed its color perfectly to resemble a slate snake. Then I saw some monofilament fishing line and borrowed about three feet. I tied one end to the snake, which I placed under Jenn's boots. The other end, I tied a slipknot and slipped it over the end of her thumb.

Tuesday:

I was lying there quietly waiting for her to wake up. I must have fallen back to sleep. Apparently, Jenn tried to get out of bed without waking me. As soon as she reached for her boots, she saw the slate snake move. Of course this caused Jenn to jump back and, lo and behold, that snake then attacked her. I know everybody on the north side of the river was awake in a second. I can't vouch for the south side. Art Sr. was the first one through the door and stopped short, carrying a shotgun. Then he started to laugh so hard he could hardly stand. Tommy and George were right behind him, laughing also.

Then Jenn caught on and turned on me. I claimed innocence and asked all three men if they had seen me get up and get the snake. Jenn said that was no proof at all, because they would lie for me. "Well honey, I have been holding you all night. Don't you think you would have missed me if I had left?" Now that is known as a loaded question. If Jenn says "no", then you can say she must not really love me, on the other hand; if she says "yes", then I would ask, how could I possibly be responsible.

The capper was when Frank stepped through the door and asked Jenn what she was doing with his pet slate snake. Then, he proceeded to catch the snake behind the head and carry out of the room while he talked to it. His acting was definitely that deserving of an Oscar.

With Frank having taken the Slate Snake out of the room, things got back to normal and we got dressed and headed across the river. Jenn was still giving me strange looks from time to time. Junior met us when we tied up the riverboat and inquired if Jenn was okay.

"It's not funny! I was scared half to death!" Jenn told him rather loudly, which just caused Junior to crack up. Jenn turned and gave me a furious look, before stomping on up the float, without another word.

The worst was yet to come for Jenn. Her mother and father acted real concerned about her. They got her to set down, supplied her with coffee and asked her what she wanted for breakfast. Yes, you have guessed it. Jenn was served the Slate Snake cut into bite size pieces. Rob said, "You catch it. You eat it." when he put it down in front of her.

Now the reaction that Jenn displayed was not what I expected. She looked down at the late Slate Snake, reached out, picked up a piece and threw it at me, without a single word being said. I thought she would have left the table, except her mother placed a hand on her shoulder and said "Jennifer!" Jenn settled right down and muttered, "I'm sorry." at me. I reached across the table and gave her hand a quick squeeze adding, "That's okay."

Now the whole puzzle to me, is when I cornered Frank later about cutting up my snake, he went and returned with it from his room saying, "I never gave the snake to anybody. It has been in my room ever since I picked it up." Bearing truth to what he stated, was the monofilament line still attached to the Slate Snake just as I had tied it.

The question now was, and still is "just who got whom" And no one is talking, except to asked Jenn if she has seen any more snakes.

After breakfast, the mine started operations again. Junior and Sul went to finish wiring my cabin. A four-man crew went to start on my roofing. The women and four teenage boys went up river to recover snakes, I mean slate. The men at the mine planned to have the hoppers ready to take on a load of slate as soon the women brought it back.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.