A True Tale
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2008 by acolodude

The old man was shown to his room and offered a bedmate but kindly refused. The next morning he was awake when the servant girl came to wake him. Everyone was again seated around the table eating breakfast. When the old man finished all were ready to hear his tale continue.

He smiled and began...

Deke and Keal's group along with five of the Aspendale folk headed out. Wren and Thal Zhun, Gruu Zhah a Soldier, Stal Zhee a wizard and Coni Zhiu a rogue were the five.

They rode out toward the last know place the Hydra had been seen. The group stopped just short of where the Hydra was believed to be living. It was just past mid-morning and they dismounted drawing their weapons and preparing for the battle with the Hydra.

They were all shocked when they heard the cries and sounds of battle. As they moved to investigate they found a small patrol of 10 goblins had been attacked by the Hydra and were all being eaten. With the Hydra busy eating the goblins they attacked each with a torch and sword. Fire magic was cast upon the Hydra as the warriors all attacked. Only three heads survived the assault and the Hydra was backing away on only three working legs. Gruu had been killed, Keal, Deke, and Wren each had suffered a nasty bite but those were the only injuries taken in the first attack.

The next attack was considerably more difficult and dangerous since the Hydra was wounded and very aware of their intentions.

Circling the Hydra the group was able to prevent it from slipping away allowing a continued attack as planned. Using fire with their attack prevented the Hydra from healing and re-growing severed heads. They were successful in killing the Hydra, however Stal the wizard was killed when the Hydra's tail took his head clean off as it struck his neck and back. Wren was biten again leaving him very bad off. Like the others the first bite was on the upper shoulder and arm, but this bite was a suicidal attack as it successfully bit him on his upper hip and lower rib area refusing to let go. Malak and Gada both got clawed Malak on the back and across the front of both Gada's legs.

The wounded were gathered and treatment was given. The dead were taken care of before a search for treasure was conducted. Only one evil magic item was found, the sword was destroyed quickly. Three good magic swords were found along with Dwarven Battle Axe and Elvin Chain armor. Close to 1100 coin was found mostly silver and gold with a small handful of platinum. Not a bad reward for the whole battle. It was almost dinner time so a quick meal was prepared.

When all were ready to travel the party headed back to Aspendale it was getting dark and they were only half way home. The sound of several riders approaching set them on high alert. They were all very relieved to see it was a patrol from Aspendale coming to check on them.

A quick meal and small celebration was held when they reached Aspendale. It was almost sunrise when they finally did get to their rooms to sleep.

The old man stretched and yawned smiling he asked, "Might I be allowed to take a nap in the wonderful bed I slept in last night?" the owner of the house was quick to reply, "Consider yourself at home as my guest!" "Mia, see to his needs." The young servant girl smiled as she moved to the old man and knelt next to him saying, "I am at your command." The old man smiled and said, "Thank you for your kind hospitality. Mia please lead the way back to the room, I don't quite remember the way." With that the old man followed Mia as she gracefully stood and moved toward the bedroom.

Everyone just watched the old man walk away before they began to talk about the story and how it was sooo intriguing almost infectious. Talk of the cost was discussed and Lord Dago Kronk said that he could more than afford to cover the cost. Should it continue as he suspected it would he would most assuredly let his fellow lords know how much money would be needed. Everyone laughed as they moved off to return to their daily duties agreeing to meet again at dinner for the story to continue.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.